Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Cool! Sounds like a fun trip. I was in Israel once when I was a kid with my aunt, it's a beautiful country. We were there right after Sadat's assassination so tension was through the roof...I remember that well.

The security you saw was probably Shabak, their internal security forces. Did you see if they were carrying Tavors? Most do these days...wanna get my mitts on one someday.

Out of curiosity, with everyone taking these awesome worldly epic trips, is anyone else pinned down by work and family stuff? Console me. Please.

:lol3
  2. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer:
    I worked 12's all week, I'm working today, and 2nd shift tomorrow, plus we have family here from out of town. Cry on someone else's shoulder :lol3
  3. miketv

miketv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dude, you got it easy :freaky I'm still nursing a busted foot and the sub-frame from the Husky is at the machine shop getting fixed. Meanwhile, I'll be shampooing carpets, dusting, washing laundry/dishes all the while humming "whistle while you work". enjoy your day
  4. mic_detonator

mic_detonator ride

Oddometer:
  5. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dan,

I may be up for riding on wed. As of right now I have the day off and would love to ride.

:thumb
  6. mic_detonator

mic_detonator ride

Oddometer:
    we will do that then! where we going? should we try to find the trolly line and ride that for a while?
  7. EJV

EJV Jeep. Supporter

Oddometer:

Nope. At this rate, I won't be able to ride until May. No, this was not a Tenere crack.

:cry

EJ
  8. mobyfubar

mobyfubar cd /;rm -rf * Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I had no idea it meant that. I just saw it when scrolling through the smilies, and I thought nothing said "epic trip" like an excited banana waving from the back of a galloping green llama.

No offense meant, I'm just ignorant.
  9. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Nah, no worries. I don't know what half of those mean.... I have to hover the mouse over the smilie and the name of the smilie then pops up.

Plus I do kinda like stirring shit!
  10. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    GS not running? Or still getting the leak fixed?
  11. mic_detonator

mic_detonator ride

Oddometer:
    Meef who was the guy driving the other day? I have seen him eye me when i pass him on the bike at about 45 into town just past the signs. I probably should watch it you may not be on duty when i get caught in the disco down there. How r they about the locals more or less inclined to hand over a performance eval?
  12. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I doubt you've seen him, that was his third day back after a year in Iraq. I was getting him ready to go solo.

We are a lot like black people. We all look the same. :lol3

Generally, you'd have to be working it pretty good to get a ticket in that town. Unlike most small towns, there is no Mayor's Court, and thus no pressure from above to "write tickets, write tickets, write tickets" - because there is no financial reward for the village in doing so. There is one guy who seems to delight in writing tickets but even he generally is only tagging people at 15+ over.

I only work there 2-4 days a month, and the place isn't covered all the time; in fact I'd wager that there is only an officer on duty about 40 hours a week, at totally random times.
  13. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lets start a MC gang there. We could own that place. :lol3

Safe travels Meef! :wave
  14. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Kinda like Charming, eh? What did you think of the season opener of SOA?
  15. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Way to drawn out. I think I will just DVR the whole season then watch them. I am kind of curious to see if Jax is going to sell out the old man to the feds to get his club back.
  16. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    It sucked.
  17. XPADREX

XPADREX Funslinger

Oddometer:
    DVR all the way. I hate paying the extra for the "digital cable" package which means four versions of the multiple channels we never watch- but the DVR, man- that's good stuff.

I thought it was a bit drawn out too, and frankly I';m not into the whole "find Able" angle.
    Funniest scene:

When they check out the boat, reaaaal subtle like. Who would notice those guys creeping around a dock?
  18. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did like when Genna stabbed the dude in the leg. :lol3
    She is old but still hawt in the old worn out bad ass biker chic kind of way/
  19. EJV

EJV Jeep. Supporter

Oddometer:

"Yes."

Or at least that is what I think.
  20. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    Safe travels meef