Touratech is in NZ

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by NZ Adventure, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NZ Adventure

NZ Adventure Another Fricken Newbie!!!

Oddometer:
  2. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:
    Don`t get too excited, whatever you want to buy will be on back order.
  3. NZ Adventure

Oddometer:
    Holding stock in NZ!! :-)
  4. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    welcome Mr NZ Adventure. You have a lovely selection of stuff.

Do you have something in the ahhh... economy range?:D
  5. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    I was looking at sunglasses - $712.99 is a little more than I would spend (I'm normally in the $1.99 range), but hey, these things are hand made in Italy! Hand carved out of titanium, with just a hacksaw and file that would take months! And plastic lenses made by someone else...maybe hand carved from Marmite jars. I could lose these things in a matter of hours, but however found them where I dropped them would be pretty damn rapt.
  6. Voltaire

Voltaire Triumphant.

Oddometer:
    I thougth you would smeer some oil on the Mk2 Flying Goggles you got a Vallantines in 1971 for milk money......these days riding a motorcycle is about looking the part and having the best gear......well thats in Ponsonby anyway....don't know about over them Bombays.:rofl
    I just stuff all my gear in a rubbish bag and tie it on the Norton with # 8 wire......
  7. trustme

trustme Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good luck with your new venture. Ignore the wowsers, he actually uses a pair of classy magnificently hand carved no expense spared leather throw over saddle bags that he was given .:lol3
  8. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    I don't know why anyone on here would complain about the prices anyway - from what I've observed Adventure riding is all about displaying disposable income. Park up at a Cafe in a rural town, pretend you got there the hard way, and let the bike speak for itself.
  9. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    You just need to get more than 150km from Auckland sometime mate. Down here we park up outside the pub & let all the bike's mud, scratches, missing bits & ghetto mods speak for themselves :wink:

A lot of the Touratech gear is quite nicely designed stuff though. I often copy their ideas when I'm building things for the bike :lol3

Cheers
    Clint
  10. Voltaire

Voltaire Triumphant.

Oddometer:
    Rural towns with Cafes.....you can't fool me to going over them there Bombay hills.....with or without my hand crafted leather throwovers...
  11. NZ Adventure

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys,

We are working on the pricing calculation formulas as I write this and we will be amending the website ready for the weekend.

I can assure everyone we are not out to gouge with the pricing and looking forward to building a relationship within the Adventure Bike fraternity :-)

Watch this space and if you are concerned with anything then please feel free to give me a call 022 10 12 14 1
  12. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    Yes, we BMW riders know how to shine :lol3
  13. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Previous Rider

Oddometer:
    Harley's parked outside of cafe's dosn't count as adventure riding!:rofl

Nice work. I was wondering if some of the prices you had shown on your site were going to be revised once you got cracking. I think most of us would like to support your new venture but like all internet business, there are lots of places to compare pricing to keep every one on the same page.....but being able to chat on the phone is the best way to clear up any apparant pricing confusion.

Good luck with the business!
  14. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Not trying to sound facetious, merely curious so no offence i intended but is a NZ internet shopping site more betterer than an o/s one? I guess you have a warehouse & someone packing & shipping which helps the local economy but unless the cost is as competitive as overseas I don't see the advantage.

Good on ya for starting up.
  15. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    Damn, I was so going to buy some Touratech, but I was up at the Mangatangi Dam today, and rummaging through the rubbish bins, under some banana skins I found this....Says LYS 1975 in the badge thing, nice patina - everyone will be sure I've been using this thing everyday since 1975.

[​IMG]
  16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    Did you find a lunch in there as well? You weren't looking for that, were you?
  17. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Bet it was fulll of old playboys teeheehee
  18. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    There were banana and avocado skins in the bag, nothing edible - I double checked. I should've taken a photo of it in the bin, but didn't know what it was until I pulled out from under the crap. Next week we look for raw materials from under a bridge not far from town, you'd be surprised what gets tossed of bridges in the dark.
  19. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Previous Rider

Oddometer:
    bags dumped like that are usually the result of fowl play but in this case you look safe, no self respecting axe murderer would be seen dead dropping that old sachel in the bin :D looks good on the beamer though :lol3

20. NZ Adventure

Oddometer:
    Hi Padmei,

I completely understand your question and please bare with me on my personal justification...lengthy as it maybe: (This is my vision and values and they may not be agreed to or shared by others)

When a company sets up in New Zealand and only processes orders and shipping out to their customers, I agree it adds little value to the market and only adds complexity and cost. However Touratech NZ is not set up like that.

We will be involved in product development within our region, we will be supporting the dealer network, we will be promoting local services to our internal and overseas customers (who come to NZ). We will be investing in our local talent and the adventure riding sport as a whole.

We will also be providing stock on hand so you can get access to what you want when you want it, and ok, we cannot hold everything here in NZ, but we do have a direct channel to the manufacturer and can expedite the order for you if required.

New Zealand is not a big market, but to us it's our only one (therefore very important) and we are going to do everything we can to make sure you get the same service and support that you would expect anywhere else.

A webshop is just one mechanism of selling gear. And admittedly for us it is not just about selling you something, but helping you achieve an outcome. e.g. Getting to your destination 1. Safely and 2. Prepared

Touratech NZ will setup and train the local dealer network to assist with fitting and configuring your equipment, we will also make sure that our products are used for their intended purpose and outcome.

I personally am looking forward to meeting like-minded people on this adventure. I will always be upfront and open, and we will do what we can, to make sure you get the support you need when you need it.

I hope the above response kind of shows our differentiation for the local market versus an off shore web-shop.

Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.