Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    Sena Communication....

I have found someone that can get me these pretty inexpensive . I'm ordering a 20s dual pack in the next couple weeks or sooner if enough people wants some. PM me for price if you or someone you know wants one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Scala Communication ......
    Can you get the same deal on Scala? IMHO they are better, not to mention they are waterproof.
  3. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    Interested in a single 20s lemme know the details
    PM sent
  4. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll just comment that the Senas seem to getting common between inmates locally and even my cheap SMH5-FM handles frog stranglers with no issues. I have not stuck my head underwater with my helmet on to test further though. Interested in the price too since l may soon need something for the spousal unit.

Never mind. Just looked at the retail prices. Discount would need to be 50% before I would spend. Will probably buy another SMH5-FM.
  5. firedad415

firedad415 trying to speak dirt

Oddometer:
    I have had my SENA smh10 for about 4-5 years now and LOVE it. I bought the first generation. And then they replaced it with a second generation for free because you could update the firmware in it and not the original. In fact I just updated to the newest firmware the other day, for free as usual. Battery still lasts all day on one charge. Customer service is awesome and the product is great.
  6. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Chuck, great job. Those early Hondas are nearly indestructible. Don't forget to flush the oil a second time after running it up to to operating temps. If a bike has sat for years, the oil in the pan congeals and can turn to sludge, most of which will not drain out the first time. If I'm working on an old one and it has a pan, I completely take off the pan and clean it too. If not, change the oil at least twice once you start riding it, to get that old sludge out.
  7. Jeff Munn

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone, don't forget that Memorial weekend is early this year. It is Monday the 25th, not the last weekend in May.

Speaking of that. Teresa and I will be at the home place in WV that weekend and will be open to any riders who wish to come out and camp for the weekend. Lots of space. Great local roads. Bonfires. Big grills. Family friendly. Everyone is welcome. No planned rides, but we can help you figure some great routes out. This is a great place to teach kids to ride too, with huge open fields (until the hay starts coming up). It is an open invitation to all.

jeff
  8. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jeff. It is very giving of you and Teresa to open your home to the inmates. I have a week vacation with a pass from the wife starting that weekend. It is completely an unplanned week. I'm sure I will stop by unless something comes up. I had originally been thinking of trying for big miles that week heading west as far as I could before turning around. Now I am travelling for work for the next 2 weeks and I'm toning down that plan. Now I am thinking a couple 3 day trips more local (I've decided to stay east of the Mississippi). Anyone interested in rides/camping between May 23rd and 31st, let me know.

I had been meaning to ask if a date for the PMS had been determined. I really enjoyed my first visit to the farm this past Fall.
  9. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Going to Boone next week, Wed-Sun for FJ rally. Will be KOA Kozy Kabin Kamping. have a couple bunks available at last check. Likely ride destinations include, shady valley, BRP, little switz, Roan Mtn and maybe a day at Brown mountain OHV. As always the main attraction (for me) is the nightly fireside beer-chatting. It will probably rain like crzy as always but it's still fun. Anybody with a few days to kill next week and wants to go - let me know.:deal

And thanks for invite Jeff, sounds fun. Can't wait to come back out there but I'm always booked up with the family on Memorial Day.
  10. Jeff Munn

Oddometer:
    Jeremy, you are welcome to join us at the start of your week trip. We'd love that.

I have not set a date for the PMS500 because not many have indicated they wanted to do it. I'd still be up for it, but it would have to be in June now. Lordy our weekends get booked fast here with visitors. We are now hosting 3 kids this summer for a week each. Don't know why they like coming with no cell or internet. Nothing to do but hike, run amok, learn to shoot, learn to ride a dirt bike, float the river thru Smoke Hole, climb Seneca Rocks, go caving, etc.

Speaking of which, would anyone be interested in a climbing/zipline weekend? Nelson Rocks has the Via Ferrata climb, and a 2 hr tree-top zipline down the mtn. They are just over by Judy Gap, on the Germany Valley side of North Mtn. Nelson Rocks Adventures

I've done the via ferrata climb twice and the ziplines once. My wife won't do the climb, bet she'll do the ziplines. It is a fantastic experience.
  11. Hack

Hack .......

Oddometer:
  12. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man that's sweet.. I have a feeling that bike would sell today if they made them again. just add a single disc brake, elec ignition. they'd probably have to do it with FI. Every bit as cool as an SR400..

Honestly though.. before i bought this old one I'd have a nearly new TU250. Most people would never know it wasn't a restored '68 something and i'm not that excited about messing with oldies anymore. I just want to putt around and look cool :ricky

[​IMG]
  13. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you get your Kwaker streightened out DDlewis?
  14. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    :bluduh I got sick of messing with it, shoved it in the corner and piled some crap on top of it. I figure a few more days of that should teach it a lesson.

If not I'll be dropping it off at commonwealth (Burchams) shortly.
  15. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:

I trusted the guys over at Ultimate with my C14 when I needed warranty work, they were fast and quite thurough, and easy to work with. That was when they were over on Midlo tho, they have a newer facility now, but I'm sure the techs are still the same ones...
  16. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have found the Kawasaki dealer in Unionville, VA to be very fair and honest.

They treat you as a customer, not a number.
  17. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    That's cool and I never knew about it. I climbed regularly before I moved back to VA in 2003 and then had trouble meeting climbing partners, took a desk pilot job, and gained 40+ pounds. I hope to be able to do something like that again one day and climb with my kids some. Damn shoulder.... I hope someone takes you up on it. I would like to see the pics.
  18. Charles

Charles Formerly known as Dr Whipit Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jeff,
    Wish I could take you up on your generous offer. If you host a PMS in October I will be there with a YZ on!
  19. Jeff Munn

Oddometer:
    Macon, I last seriously lead climbed 30 years ago. I too am 40+ lbs beyond my best. But the Via Ferrata isn't really climbing. It is climbing a stainless steel ladder bolted to the cliff side, and moving your self belay harness carabiners across the wire cables bolted to the cliff. Not rocket science. Any kid over the age of 14-15, with an ounce of brains, should be able to do it. You get all the exposure of serious climbing, will little of the physical demands. Yet you still get the euphoria. :clap when I get home I'll post some pics of the last time we did it. I promise you, you can do it, and your face will hurt at the end of the day from grinning so much.

Oh, the zipline back down is fun too.

jeff
  20. Jeff Munn

Oddometer:
    A "YZ-on"? Is that what they are calling it nowadays? Never heard that one before..... and I know what a dirty Sanchez is. :rofl