WANTED: CENTRAL TEXAS ADVers

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by ghostrider1964, Nov 17, 2009.

1. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Complete with headlights and turn signals, the Husqvarna Concept BAJA has a number of features to suggest it's close to becoming a production model.
    Husqvarna showcased the Concept BAJA during the 2012 EICMA show in Milan, following in the footsteps of the similarly styled Concept MOAB debuted in 2011. The BAJA is Husky’s modern interpretation of the scramblers popular in the 60’s and 70’s, with notable influence coming from the Husqvarna Cross 400

If this happens, KilLeR is history.
  2. crash279

crash279 DFW Supermoto Crew

Oddometer:
    Now I'm not what you would call a Husky fan, but that bike is awesome!
  3. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
  4. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Click on the pic for a giant pic. Looking at that thing, an aftermarket single pipe will save 2 maybe 3... hundred pounds.
  5. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Another pic or two of the new KTM 1190 . Schweet!!!

<LI style="WIDTH: 427px; DISPLAY: block; FLOAT: left; HEIGHT: auto" class="slide slide-2 clone">[​IMG]<LI style="WIDTH: 427px; DISPLAY: block; FLOAT: left; HEIGHT: auto" class="slide slide-0">[​IMG]<LI style="WIDTH: 427px; DISPLAY: block; FLOAT: left; HEIGHT: auto" class="slide slide-1 flex-active-slide">[​IMG]<LI style="WIDTH: 427px; DISPLAY: block; FLOAT: left; HEIGHT: auto" class="slide slide-2">[​IMG]<LI style="WIDTH: 427px; DISPLAY: block; FLOAT: left; HEIGHT: auto" class="slide slide-0 clone">[​IMG]Prev
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. pizzaboy

pizzaboy Been here a little too long

Oddometer:
    Here's a pic of a DOT Terraflex :eek1

[​IMG]
  7. ShadySmurf

ShadySmurf Does Own Stunts

Oddometer:
    <li style="WIDTH: 427px; DISPLAY: block; FLOAT: left; HEIGHT: auto" class="slide slide-0 clone">
    <li style="WIDTH: 427px; DISPLAY: block; FLOAT: left; HEIGHT: auto" class="slide slide-0 clone">
    <li style="WIDTH: 427px; DISPLAY: block; FLOAT: left; HEIGHT: auto" class="slide slide-0 clone">Those KTM pics have Suzuki brandings...I'm pretty drunk adn probably missed the sarcasm. That husky scrambler is pretty sweet though. :beer
  8. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Oh, jeez. You're right. My bad.

;)
  9. Cycledelic Relic

Cycledelic Relic follow old goatpath

Oddometer:
    It's the KTM-CAPOSTROM EXPLORER VERSYS the MULTIGUZZICROSS TOURER Shootout......
    While the TENERE GSATHON goes on just down the dirt road from there.

Most of the ADV bikes in the 1000+ cc range seem to headed toward the pavement section of the road.....but not all of em.

Of course they're just TDMitators ...10 years later

....Anyone notice the page number below right????
  10. cleatusj

cleatusj Dirt floor engineer

Oddometer:
    We are a mouthy bunch when not out on rubber.:D
  11. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    um.......that should be "we're ALWAYS a mouthy bunch" :deal
  12. veriest1

veriest1 Minimalist Gear Hoarder

Oddometer:
    Umm... Yes please.

Sent from my HTC using magic.
  13. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Hey, kids. My good and loyal friend Dangerboy is selling his 2008 BMW K1200S. It is as perfect and well-sorted as the KTM990 Odie bought. About 9,000 miles. Bags Connection tankbag, OEM BMW "spaceship" panniers, Verholen risers, un-installed peg lowering kit, Mayer seat and OEM, uhhh......bunch of other good stuff. I'll edit and post the other stuff just as soon as I remember it. Edit: Throttlemeister, Axle sliders, MRA touring shield.

He bought it from an OCD fella on TWT with less than 3K on it.

Some would call it a sport-touring bike, but it's a good bit more than that. IMO it is a "gentleman's sportbike". With 167HP, this thing screams. With his comfort mods, it just screams all day long. You won't find a better one. Anywhere. pm him for price, he'll be fair. He's local and a great guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlRw6INjHE0
  14. Odiegreen73

Odiegreen73 Marginal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can say Dangerboy take exceptional care of his motorcycles. I wouldn't hesitate buying a motorcycle that DB owned. Had to do very lil' to the big KTM before we all headed to the mountains.

Odie
  15. Schickmeister

Schickmeister Youngin'

Oddometer:
    I made it pretty far...it was a valiant effort...but it's time for the heated gear now. :(

At least it's sunny? :lol3
  16. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    Someone earlier said something about bucket list rides. Here's one for you...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UQ6VgTY8Cds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  17. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    ah yes, the TerrorFlex. Wears remarkably well for a knobby tire. If you give it 300 miles to settle in then it isn't even too bad on the road. Will turn your bike into a wheelie machine it hooks up so well. You run it at a very low pressure since it is belted and stiff. Like 6-8 psi offroad and 8-10 on road. I did tend to run mine at 12-14 on road though. Roost monster too. First tire I ever had that roosted me. I'd see hunks of stuff pass me as I headed down the road. I think I got about 3k miles each out the ones I ran on my DRZ400.

They are heavy so expect some slower acceleration and some flywheel effect. Also they are on the tall side. If you ride a lot of off road trails with narrow deep ruts, be aware that is has a tendency to climb out because it rubs the side of the ruts and is so wide. Kind of disconcerting leaned over in a corner.

Wish they made a 130 version of that tire to fit my DR650. Those only fit if you trim the knobs on the left hand side of the tire. Had a cheap friend do that to run one that was given to him.
  18. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Somehow that doesn't look like the tire for me.
  19. bigdave-gs

bigdave-gs Been riding longer than a lot have been alive !

Oddometer:
    I can see ya gett'en maybe 300 miles out of one SOG..............:rofl

I do like the looks of the new Metzeler Karoo 3. Might have to try one of those on the beast ! ! !
  20. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer: