Sierra Pelona Trail - (Photo-Video Report)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by BusyWeb, Aug 1, 2010.

1. BusyWeb

BusyWeb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sierra Pelona Trail and parts of Artesian Spring Road.
    The trail is located at the east of the Bouquet Canyon Road in the near city of Lake Huges.

Total distance of trail that I took was about 15 good miles.
    Road condition is very good for even beginners like me, however there are some rocky sections at the south enterance (end of trail) of the trails.
    And there are many cross sections (Y and T interscetion) with Rowher Trail; which is pretty difficult trail, finding right directions was challenging for me.
    Highest elevation is about 4200 ft, and very moderate going up and down.
    This trail has the long sections of road at the top of the moutain, I had enjoyed very nice sceneries.
    Looking down the east part or trail, could see Angles Crest Forest Mountains range and steep Rowher Flat OHV Trails roads.
    And looking the west part of trail, could enjoy Bouquet Lake area and around mountains with nice vista.

At this trail riding, there are many available rest and vista areas to enjoy relaxed riding.
    During the riding, met a dirt rider with whom I had couple of cross riding on the trail.
    He rode hard portion; Rowher Trail, I was on the easy part; Sierra Pelona, and had some nice chat with him.
    On the video, there are few sections of he and couple of other dirt riders action.

Here is the very shorthened trail riding photos and video clips...
    Tried to reduce play time, but still little lenghty for internet users.
    Hopley, you may get some nice trail details and enjoy as I had enjoyed with riding.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kf6PMY29-JE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kf6PMY29-JE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks.
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Quite the nice ride, enjoyed the video and slide show! :thumb
  3. BusyWeb

BusyWeb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the comments.... ^^;