B-King owners. Glad ya got one or regret?

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by YamaLink, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Dragon Rider

Dragon Rider Thought is free--WS

Oddometer:
    zombie thread resurrection.

[​IMG]

Bored and thinking about a B-king.

Wonder if any owners have updates on how they still like, or not, the B-King.

I missed the fire sale on the buell 1125CR, and maybe I can find a killer deal on a B-King?
  2. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    i love mine more since I put a VStream windscreen, added highway pegs in front, 50L Hepko Beaker hard trunk, and lowered the stock pegs. QUOTE=Dragon Rider;18513528]zombie thread resurrection.

[​IMG]

Bored and thinking about a B-king.

Wonder if any owners have updates on how they still like, or not, the B-King.

I missed the fire sale on the buell 1125CR, and maybe I can find a killer deal on a B-King?[/QUOTE]
  3. 1 wheel peel

1 wheel peel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I first bought mine it would put a smile on my face when riding it. The way it sets right now it is the most fun bike I have ever owned for running back roads which is what most of my riding is. I own something else with a windshield so that is not a concern.

[​IMG]
  4. Mikelly

Mikelly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Every time I see one of these, I wish I'd bought one...

Mike
  5. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    yeah, I suspect these will go up on value eventually...I wish I had the $$$ to find a cherry and just stick it in the back of the garage under a dust cover, :evil
  6. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why did they stop making them? I thought they were cool aside from the mufflers and price.Maybe one day the japanese companies will get a clue and figure out not every one can afford a over 10 grand motorcycle.If they hd dropped the price down to 7 or 8 grand these bikes would of been gone like hot cakes.
  7. Jammin'John

Jammin'John old nOOb

Oddometer:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tug_Hill_Plateau
    My dealer WAS like that.
    He is now out of business ! :clap

JJ
  8. BryonLewis

BryonLewis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've bought mine in 2010 and have consistently put 8-10k miles a year on it. The thing always puts a smile on my face. It does have its problems, most of which have already been mentioned. The small fuel tank, I can only go consecutively (besides fuel stops) for around 6 hours then I need like an hour break. I know people don't like the exhausts visually or the sound of them. I enjoy how quiet the exhaust is. Really funny when pulling up next to a CBR600 or R6 with slip-on and they have no clue a busa is breathing underneath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An R1 rear with integrated signals makes the exhaust look a little bit better
  9. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hard to believe after reading all the posts ranting and raving about new technology, and how it has made motorcycles and our lives better in general (not mine) But when something good does come form that technology (a better deal on something and a more competitive marketplace) someone comes along and actually says how bad it is. Like it or not, the internet is here, and with it instant access to information. Retailers have to compete in this "new world" or go out of business. I am not generally for new technology, but I don't see how it can be bad if it helps the customer (I'm one of those, as are most here) get a better deal. Running a business is a gamble, and you can win, or you can lose. And you can lose $10,000 or $2000, take your choice, but the longer a dealer hangs onto something like that, the more they are going to lose. If that dealer didn't finally accept a "realistic" offer on that bike, he probably still has it, and it probably really is worth about $3000 now.
    I am hoping that having dealers competing online will make all of them more competitive, and the winners will be the consumers. Also I am hoping more information will become available about "powersports" dealers sales tactics, like it has about car dealers, so potential buyers will not get ripped off by all the bogus fees, which car dealers had to drop decades ago, when buyers caught on. I would like to see a whole new world for motorcycle dealers, where it is possible to buy new motorcycles without fees, and at, or below, MSRP, same as cars and many other things. Dealers have had it their way for way to long. Time for a change.
  10. drCurvin

drCurvin MSC

Oddometer:
    Planned to modify a Busa into an upright configuration for a while, but Suzuki built it before I had time. The BKing is bullet proof, a great commuter machine and it wins at the strip on the weekends. Some complain about the stock exhaust - but I love it - it's so understated - purrs like a little kitty until you drop the bomb and then it's just plain old gone. Neighbors can't hear me coming in after a long night on call either. Worth every bit of 9K if < 1000 mi to me. And the best part - it will test your skills in a heartbeat. Wish Suzuki would do another production run.

BKing
  11. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Feral Chia Tamer

Oddometer:
    Well looky there, both my brothers are now on ADV. I just got my Suzuki back on the road.

[​IMG]
  12. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice!

Zombie thread: derailed! :lol3
  13. B.Curvin

Oddometer:
    :D

You bringing the bug in this week? Tue or Wed?

btw, that's one of my brothers in the post prior to mine. I didn't even know he had a B-King. :norton

My brother gets a B-King, I'm drooling over Groms. :hmmmmm
  14. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'll be in Tuesday. Tell the boss to stock up on K-cups! :lol3
  15. B.Curvin

Oddometer:
    You know it mang. We've even got one of those new fangled by-the-cup coffee, tea, cocoa makers. Up town ain't we?

We've also got an Aston Martin in stock. I drove it to Mary's the other day. Nice if you like that kind of thing, but what a freakin' tank. I'd rather have a Caterham. :D I guess that's not surprising since I'm also drooling over the Grom. :lol3

Derail, engaged.
  16. sandiego

sandiego Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got mine brand new for 8000$ in 2009. I have had 2 other bikes since then but never thought of selling or trading the Bking.
    This bike is amazing, the busa engine is one of the best and most powerful Suzuki engines and the sky is the limit as far and working on them.
    I really like how comfortable the bike is.
    The only thing i dont like about this bike is how small the fuel tank is.
    Its funny when people with 1000's try and race you and make complete fools of themselves.
    wouldnt mind buying another one.
  17. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
  18. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    Right on Popcorn!
  19. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    I retired in 06 after a 30 year carreer owning and running a Mom & Pop wholesale fishing supply company. I worked my ass off and saw it the last 10 years that the business had ran its course or maybe I had! U have to keep that fire in the belly lit!
  20. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    HY busa looks like an Obama bike!