Caswell in Plastic PD Tank?

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by no5s, Oct 28, 2011.

1. no5s

no5s Terror at 2 mph

Oddometer:
    I have a beautiful low mileage 93 PD. Since moving to California the tank is starting to get fine spiderweb cracks in the paint on top of the tank. I think the ethanol is causing the tank to expand. Has anyone used Caswell sealer in a PD tank? and is it compatible with the plastic? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Rob Farmer

Rob Farmer Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. mendoje

mendoje Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been thinking about an R100GSPD, but I've been looking for any anecdotal data on ethanol damage to PD tanks, this is the only one I've come across. This is the reason I chose my 2003 Ducati Monster, last year for steel tanks. Google and you'll see what a nightmare it is for Ducati owners.

I'm subscribing to this one, good luck to you.

4. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    I use Caswell with my fiberglass tank on my CB750. Two thumbs up. You may have to reseal after a long period, but does the trick. Should cure any cracks you have developing without any problems.

Just from experience, mix it a little thin and make sure you get it coated on all parts very well. Then repeat. First time I sealed mine I made it like maple syrup and had some issues about 2 years later. Redid last time with it not as thick and so far, has done the trick.