KTM Rally Pants/Jacket

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by woodzrider, Jan 9, 2013.

1. woodzrider

woodzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone seen /purchased/used the KTM Tan Rally pants and Jacket? I'm on the fence as to whether to buy or not. IMy intention is to do some dual sport/adventure riding not more than a day or two long I would like to do the
    TAT or CD trail and even a trip to Baja. Is the clothing durable enough for these types of adventure. Our local shops don't carry this stuff and I don't want to have to deal with returns due to poor quality or bad sizing or any of that stuff..
    What do you like or dislike about the Rally clothing?
    Thanks in advance.

Robert
  2. Fred Garvin

Fred Garvin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the KTM jacket that you speek of. I needed an H2O proof jacket that was neck brace compatible. So far, it has held up its end of the bargin. I got an XL ( 5'11" 185lbs.) to ensure it will fit over my chest protector and Alpinestars body suit. Although it has vents, it will be a little warm in the summer but thats the price for being H2O proof. Seems to be durable after the few dirt knaps I took but nothing devastating. I wear my Ogio vest on the out side of the coat and things are a little snug, but very doable. I thought it was a good buy at about $210.00 with all of the features it has. I have the choice of layering or not and it still keeps me comfortable since I ride mostly in the higher elevations (6k to 12k) where it could snow in June! If possible, see if a KTM supplier of the gear will send one with the promise of a return if not satsified. I was lucky that my local dealer had some in stock and I was able to see first hand how it fit with all my gear on. Hope this helps. PM me if you need more info.
  3. woodzrider

woodzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fred-
    Thanks for the response. I went ahead and ordered one (XL) along with the pants. I too wear an OGIO flight vest and glad you spoke up on that. But I don't wear the vest in summer (I live in Oklahoma) as it's just miserable hot. I use a fanny pack instead.