Klim Klimate Bib and Jacket

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by go2cnavy, Nov 5, 2012.

1. go2cnavy

go2cnavy Dont Worry Be Brappy

Oddometer:
    I finally coughed up the dough for a decent set of bibs and jacket. I am very pleased with the Klim gear. Very easy to get on and off. Great accessability to base layer. Comforable and very warm!

It was 35* F and windy when I rode in today. I only wore shorts and a t-shirt underneath and was toasty warm.

A+++ for the Klim gear. Kicking myself for waiting so long.
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I have the Klimate jacket as a casual winter (non riding) jacket, it's very nice and warm. I think they are designed for wearing while riding a sled. Are you wearing the bib and jacket for riding a motosickle?
  3. go2cnavy

Oddometer:
    Yep. Wear it daily on my 990 Adventure. Best gear I have ever owned.
  4. sierraoffroad

sierraoffroad Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey go2cnavy what is your height and weight? i'm trying to figure out sizing formyself. i'm 5'10" 210lbs. are they bulky? does the zipper go low enough so you can pee? and do the legs ride way up when you sit on the bike exposing shins?
  5. go2cnavy

Oddometer:
    I'm 5'11 and 160 lbs. 42" chest and 32" inseam. I ordered the large and had to send them back because they were too big. I ordered a medium jacket and medium bibs and they fit great. Plenty of room to layer underneath but comfortable just wearing shorts too. The jacket fits really well and is not bulky. The bibs are a little bulky at the knees when standing/walking because they are tailored to be most comfortable in the seated position. Zippers are awesome. Easy to pee and super easy to get in and out of even when fully dressed in a base layer wih boots on. Dual zipper in the legs (zip down to get into your shorts pockets, zip up to take bibs off. The legs also have an inner boot wrap at the ankles with Velcro and buttons and also a tab that fastens this layer to your boot laces to prevent them from riding up your legs. I also noticed today that they have a separate Velcro strip on which to fasten boot rain covers. This setup is so warm that it is not good for anything over 60* unless your moving. I rode tonight at 30* with no base layer and was very warm.
    Hope this helps.
  6. sierraoffroad

sierraoffroad Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey thanks for the input go2cnavy:clap. thanks for the extra info about the leg securement.
  7. JaxObsessed

JaxObsessed Aggressively pedantic about objective truth=Woke.

Oddometer:
    I wear the Klimate GTX insulated bib as outer pants in the winter with my perfed armored leather pants underneath. I have been leaving my heated pants at home for 2 years. :D
    BIG :thumb
    Though I look like the kid who couldn't put his arms down. :lol3

Easy vent though...Just lower the side zippers a bit and you cool off in a hurry. But I think you are correct about the 60 degree barrier.