No stop USA

Discussion in 'Trials' started by lineaway, Nov 25, 2011.

1. PTRadam

PTRadam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out the class breakdown in District 6 (PA)

Beginner
    Novice(broken down into SR B, SR 35, SR 45, And SR 55
    Intermediate(Also SR "A")
    Advanced(Also SR Expert)
    Expert
    Champ

Everyone gets a class that they feel is suited th them and people still comlpain that it's too easy or too hard.
  2. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    :nod

Yup, I want one set up for just me and few of my friends.
    We will ride the hell out of that class
    all.
    damn.
    year.

:lol3
  3. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:

:photog
  4. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. lamotovita

lamotovita DAMN SNOWBIRD!

Oddometer:
  6. LowPSI

LowPSI Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was a most awesome clean, finished on a 2. Raga and Fajrado(?) were 2nd with 15. Bou is unstopable with the current rules.:clap
  8. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    Another view.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WSITESinbiQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well today was the day the British championship went to ` real trials` rules. The dreaded no- stop to you hoppers! Interesting Dabil was third with a single 5. Was it a real 5 or just a confused no forward motion? Time will tell.:evil
  10. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    I don't hop, but I do stop. And balance. And get my sheet together for the next obstacle, turn, down, dog (yeah, it happens) that I have to deal with in the section.

Not a fan of No Stop, but if it comes here to the club level, I'll deal with it. :puke1
  11. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    No stop rules tend to make riding trials more user friendly for beginners, and also easier to set courses. Not sure how popular trials is in the US, but maybe anything thats likely to encourage new riders would be worth looking at anyway?
  12. dmay

dmay Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I've found the best way to recruit new trials riders is to loan your trials bikes to your trail and enduro riding buddies when you are working a event. Our beginner line is already very easy and would never require stopping to conquer any beginner obstacle. Allowing stopping seems to make it possible to create more varied sections on the same property so it can be used year after year without getting boring.
  13. PTRadam

PTRadam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you want to ride no stop, just get an old bike with drum brakes and twin shocks and ride Vintage. Modern Nov/Intermediate sections are usually set to be ridden with out stop/hop. Advanced/Expert is where you NEED to be able to master hopping b/c the truns are tighter and aproaches are shorter.
  14. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well if you want to master hopping try something without a motor!:rofl:rofl:rofl
    No just kidding! I started this thread in the first place since the Britsh championship has just went back to no-stop to boost the entries. Will be interesting to see what happens. And the only way anyone will ever get close to Bou would be a rule change!:lol3
  15. PTRadam

PTRadam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think that the US national series was no stop in the early 90's? I remember sitting thry checker training about it I thik.
  16. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Entries to the Brit championship (hard course) are less than 10 at the majority of the events, and reverting to no stop is unlikely to make a scrap of difference here. Maybe it would be a better idea to try and attract new riders to trials, rather than making rule changes which seem to be too little too late?
  17. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh no, the year was 1997 and I was one of two trialsmasters at taos ski valley. We called it by the rules, and being the seasons end I had to make decisions on protests that held riders whole year at stake. Was not the fun day I had hoped for!!:eek1:eek1:freaky:ear
  18. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh I remember that National so well. Enter into a section, hit a rock ledge, put foot down to push on up the ledge and look up to see a checker with a 5 - WTF? I was so pissed and then after the event I heard there were like 60 protests. The no stop rule sucked so bad. The day before in Colorado they were not 5ing you for a nano second stop. We made the long ass drive all night to New Mexico, show up for the Sunday event in Taos and the trials nazis were all about 5.
  19. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
  20. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer: