NEOhio ADV & TAG!

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by SlipChip, Sep 11, 2007.

1. FatherX

FatherX Supervising the Heros

Oddometer:
    twist this
    [​IMG]
  2. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any of you northern guys riding to Romney Friday morning?
  3. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    I'm sure you saw that I'm heading out Thursday but look me up if you make it down there. Would love to meet some more "locals". Sounds like there may be a few of us NEO people down there for this.
  4. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    That is a good way to approach it. Too many people go in with high expectations and leave disappointed and never come back. I always tell people who get into the distance events to finish one first, then decide if you can go for the money.

KTM sent me an email today offering me a discount on a new 29r. I have 2 days to decide, after that the price goes up a little more. If anyone is interested in a KTM bicycle, road or mtb, they can be seen at ktmbikeindustries.com If I can get 4 people interested in one, or 3 more including mine, the shop is offering to sell them at cost + freight to get us in the door as a dealer

5. dazz

dazz I don't want a nickel....

Oddometer:
    This weekend:
    When the list of the Seven Wonders of The World was compiled, the great Pyramids of the Giza plateau were included, but not those in North or South America. Cohula Pyramid located in Mexico is the worlds largest. It covers three and a half times the area of Cheop's Great Pyramid. Cahokia †Mound east of St. Louis likewise occupies more space than the largest Egyptian Pyramid. North America also is home to the largest effigy mounds, geometric earthwork complexes, and hilltop enclosures, with 90% located in Ohio. One thousand years before George Washington ever heard of the place the Hopewell people were constructing a road lined with embankments through the Ohio Valley: The Great Hopewell Road.
    The Southeast Ohio Beemers announce the inaugural, historically themed Hopewell Road Rally on May 1-3, 2015. The location is at the Hocking Hills State Park Campgrounds, 10 miles south of US Route 33 on State Route 664 near Logan, Ohio. The site is surrounded by spectacular gorges, cliffs, and large rock shelter caves with many miles of hiking trails nearby. The rally offers some of the best riding roads east of the Mississippi River. Named in honor of the Great Hopewell Road, the rally features three levels of rides to allow the enjoyment of this phenomenal setting for all skill levels and dual sport motorcycle types. Two guided rides on Saturday will take you to the largest geometric earthworks, effigy mounds, and hilltop enclosures in the world constructed by the Hopewell Indians. The historic sites include Hopewell Culture National Park, Serpent Mound, Seip Mound, Fort Hill, Leo Petroglyphs, Ash Cave, Newark Earthworks, and the Tarlton Cross. A dual-sport GS ride is offered, as well as self guided road and adventure rides. The campgrounds are very friendly with plenty of shaded spots, both primitive and electric, RV hookups, mini cabins, and hot showers. †This rally will feature Friday night chili with all the fixings, Sat night dinner at Lake Hope Lodge with all the trimmings, two historic guided rides to the World Heritage sites in Ohio, a Sat GS ride, self guided rides, door prizes and hot coffee/beverages. Patch and sticker go to the first 100 pre-registered guests. Pre-registration is $60 by March 31st, at the gate $65. For more information send an email to:†samrbooth@yahoo.com Send your check or money order made out to: Southeast Ohio Beemers c/o Allyn Reilly 25 Briarwood Drive Athens Ohio 45701
  6. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    I gotta give an overdue shout out to Jon, he sold Alex his 4th bike (I can't believe we are on bike #4 already!) a couple weekends ago. He made that 9 y/o very happy with a nice TTR125. It's his first bike with a clutch, and it's a bit tall for him but he is adapting to both the height and the clutch well. It needed a bit of tinkering, which is just an excuse for a father son project.

Just a smidge tall:
    [​IMG]

Clutch replacement:
    [​IMG]

I think he has it figured out:
    [​IMG]
  7. BigArn

BigArn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn!! That is so nice. You two will have something to share for the rest of your lives!!!
  8. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad it is working out for Alex! So happy to be able to send it to a good home that will appreciate it. I actually called my buddy to bug him about he title again last night. I'll keep you posted of any updates.
  9. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
  10. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    He's going to be a handful to keep up with in a couple years! This bike gets him in a position to do some real trail riding with us, and Mala and I are very much looking forward to that. We also figure we may as well start making plans to be pit crew for him in Baja in a few years. Any volunteers?:ear
  11. BigArn

BigArn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Doing this tonight
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. FatherX

Oddometer:
    Just did the same idea here[​IMG]
  13. BigArn

BigArn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great minds think alike
  14. 88pony

88pony n00b

Oddometer:
    Exactly 3 miles from my house!
  15. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    Well, come to the game; ref. 1st post.:deal:1drink
  16. FatherX

Oddometer:
    Giddee up!

Welcome !
  17. steveb126

steveb126 Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer:

Welcome, go get that tag !
    I thought it's near my house, but it is not.

I thought SlipChip and I broke both tag games for a minute.

Think, Thought, Thunk.
  18. BigArn

BigArn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tag rt322 and county road 33
    [​IMG]

It was like 48 miles from my house :)
    Also cross road was Stanhope-Kelloggsville road
  19. BigArn

BigArn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Next up on a street with a name that in another country it might be called Muses street
    [​IMG]
  20. S2P

S2P Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had no clue, I thought when Steve said he knew where it was, it was off 250.The only problem was I couldn't come up with a county road of 6, state rt 42 worked, but I knew it wasn't there. Carry on, I'll get my second tag someday:rofl