Farkles for the GS-W: Put 'em all in here

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Emoto, May 29, 2013.

1. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    fubar201 - This delay may work out in the long run because it'll give me more time to see what other companies are offering.
    I still wish someone would make panniers that mount to the stock mount points. :deal

I've heard* that the panniers are being made by a semi-famous American ADV equipment company so yours may take that long to ship across the pond. :evil

* I don't know if it's fact so I'll leave it at that.
  2. marchyman

marchyman barely informed Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wanna trade situations... I've a garage full of farkles but the bike is sitting in a container on a ship bound for New York/New Jersey. I'm wondering how many more things I can have delivered before the bike shows up. :lol2
  3. fubar201

fubar201 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I understand and before I stress tested my TT panniers/rack I felt the same way. After a sand nap and only a few scratches on plastic guards, I am sold on the Vega Pros and beefy rack.
  4. iride4u

iride4u Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am waiting for Holan boxes, BMW engine bars, LED turn signals, the switch for the BMW LED driving lights. At least I got to ride for 8 hours today.
    [​IMG]
  5. maximo de la maximus

maximo de la maximus Abracadabra Holmes

Oddometer:
    saw that bike parked at the alpine visitor center (trailridge road) in RMNP today. Looked great. Only second WC I've seen on the road to date... not counting mine of course.

Still waiting for my rear plate conversion otherwise everything else (led lights, bmw crash guard, rallye seat, tt panniers, etc) installed. I'd like to see some top boxes to fit in place of the rear pillion pad... anybody see this available anywhere??
  6. madefrtv

madefrtv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    apologies if I missed it, but has anyone heard anything about clearwater kits for the GSW?:ear
  7. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why? Talk about over priced.
  8. madefrtv

Oddometer:
    meh, I like that made in america shit and im medically not electronically oriented.
  9. madefrtv

Oddometer:
    are those denali lights you fabbed up on your bike?
  10. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I'll give you that. I didn't realize they were actually made in America as they look damn similar to the imports. Still, they are very expensive for what they are. You can get some real nice lights from Baja Designs which are also made in the US for cheaper. Rigids and VisionX isn't made here, but are designed here so at least there is that. All of the above make damn fine lights too.

I'm assuming this is for me. My lights aren't the Denalis from Twisted Throttle. They are VisionX Optimus series. VisionX is the company that makes the lights for Cyclops which is a vendor on here as well as the TT Denalis. They are all the same exact light, but Twisted Throttle charges about $100 or so more for them.
  11. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I'll give you that. I didn't realize they were actually made in America as they look damn similar to the imports. Still, they are very expensive for what they are. You can get some real nice lights from Baja Designs which are also made in the US for cheaper. Rigids and VisionX isn't made here, but are designed here so at least there is that. All of the above make damn fine lights too.

I'm assuming this is for me. My lights aren't the Denalis from Twisted Throttle. They are VisionX Optimus series. VisionX is the company that makes the lights for Cyclops which is a vendor on here as well as the TT Denalis. They are all the same exact light, but Twisted Throttle charges about $100 or so more for them. For the record, I spent like $240 shipped for the pair of lights I have which shine super long distance. Better than any I've had before, and I've had about 6 or so different types and brands of LED lights.
  12. iride4u

iride4u Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Those are Clearwater Darlas with the mount that clamps around the fork tube. As far as the module that will make them come on at full brightness when the high beams are activated that is still in development. I will temporarily activate the full off of the BMW LED driving lights.
    The problem that Clearwater has run into is that the white and yellow wires are always hot with the LED headlamp. The signal is a pulse on one of the other wires.
  13. iride4u

iride4u Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went from Loveland to Grand Lake and had lunch with a friend. Then went to Rand and took the dirt road to Gould and back through the Poudre Canyon. Be careful Hwy 14 is full of road snakes.
  14. PTomlinson93

PTomlinson93 TSquared

Oddometer:
    My fathers day gift to myself was a 2013 1200 GSLC - traded my 2008. :D I had the dealer install the BMW crash bars on the bike before pickup. Of the choices I've seen out there I like the look of the BMW bars best.

I also ordered Zego Pro panniers & top case and picked them up this week. My old ride had the BMW vario cases and I've come to find I like top opening cases much better. I like the fact that the top case can fit my helmet when I stop for a bit of food or drink. Haven't installed the panniers yet.

I'm still looking at tank bags. The dealer had a large BMW tank bag but I think it's too big. Unfortunately they don't have any of the small bags in yet. Has anyone seen / had experience with the electric version of the SW Motech / Bags Connection tank bags? On my old bike I had the small BMW bag, but the idea of having power inside the tank bag is appealing as that's where I keep my phone for music & calls, etc. when riding.

Overall the new bike is a major improvement over the old model in my view - nice work BMW....
  15. madefrtv

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I didn't even see them on your bike until i saw your post. I bet you make a lot of light.

Off topic That remus can is pretty stellar.
  16. fubar201

Oddometer:
    Finally got my TT Top Case/rack. Xlnt quality and super easy install.
  17. maximo de la maximus

maximo de la maximus Abracadabra Holmes

Oddometer:
    picture please!
  18. fubar201

Oddometer:
    Here you go. This is with the 38/45L Panniers. I bought 31L from a fellow inmate so I will run the 31/38L and top case combo for everyday use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rack. Attaches by replacing stock rack screws.
    [​IMG]

Rapid Trap attachment. Works great.

[​IMG]

All keyed the same. Lock installation was fast and easy.
  19. GSAnderson

GSAnderson Wandering Swede

Oddometer:
    A couple of electrical additions today,

Powerlet outlet for heated gear and battery charging:

[​IMG]

To prepare for lighting and other electrical farkles, a Fuzeblock.

[​IMG]
  20. GSAnderson

GSAnderson Wandering Swede

Oddometer:
    One more, the Touratech headlight guard.

[​IMG]