Nascar 2012

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Motorcyclist, Dec 4, 2011.

1. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Logano is half the man that Danica is. :lol3

I'm no fan of Danica, what with the constant whining and all, but with Zippy and on a team with Stewart I could see the team pushing her to a win just to make a point and to have a hand in history.
  2. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    When did Nascar cars switch from caged road cars to full on tube frame specials? Or Has Nascar always been one off specials and before those it wasnt called Nascar?
  3. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    In about 1970.
  4. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    The 'dinger to the 22? :eek1
  5. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    It's official now. Dinger had something good going at RPM and improving. I wonder if this is a good move or not? Losing Best Buy was apparently the impetus. They are talking about Ragan going to the 43.....I wish STP could step up again for that car.....
  6. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

I was really hoping AJ would stay with the 43, it seemed like they were on the right track.

I think RPM should snatch a no name out of a dirt car or something that will work for less money and throw the money at the car/team.
  7. shrineclown

Oddometer:

Ragan's reume is not strong enough to get huge money right now....I hope that is the plan. His results at RFR were not nearly what was anticipated from his coming up. It would be cool to see a silver crown guy get a shot too. I don't think RPM is in a position to wait for results though. They need them now.
  8. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Yeah, they need a ringer...not a dinger. Sorry. :lol3

Dare I say it? Kurt Busch to RPM? Hmm...that might light a fire under the 43.
  9. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    Need more road courses.:D
  10. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
  11. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    Kurt had a good relationship with the Ford guys when he was at Roush. They might like to have him back....he is not cheap though. However, you have PC provisionals should you need it. That can be worth a lot at Daytona alone.

I am hoping the Wood Brothers can put something together to get him......may be too close to Jack to work out though.
  12. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I love watching Sears Point on TV. Between the tire walls coming down the hill and other cars taking the line, not many cars have fenders at the checker. It's a pretty small place for those big cars. I watched my Nephew test his "west" car one day, which is basically a Busch car. I can't imagine a full grid. There's just no room!

But yeah, I always wanted NHMS to build a real road course and have one of their Cup races there. I'd even go...maybe. :D
  13. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, sounds like AJ jumped because he got wind that RPM was talking to Busch. Not to mention the sponsor bailing out.

I think AJ has potential and so does Penske, they'll make a run at the championship in '12.

I think I'm gonna go to see the race at Sears Point next year, it's close by and I've never gone. I think a buddy can even get me tickets for free!! My FIL went a few years back and rode the shuttle bus from Sacramento, said it made it totally painless for traffic.
  14. Pantah

Oddometer:
    Sears Point was a pretty good place back in the day. I raced a few MX there in the 70's/80's. They set up the MX course in the hills above the road course. They have kart track too and last year I got to try a 125cc shifter kart there. That was the most violent thing I've ever tried to pilot! :eek1

These days it's a little run down, but what a great location! I imagine on Cup day, it's a spectacular take. All the crowds and color...

So Dinger went to Penske? He seems a great talent. Hope it works for him.
  15. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

I've seen top fuel and funny car over there, I don't even remember what the venue looks like after that. :lol3

Yeah, AJ has the 22. I'd think that Ambrose will move into the 43 if they don't have other plans for the number.
  16. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    I wonder what that guy from Dawsonville is doing next year? He or Ward Burton in the 43 would be cool as heck. Too bad Mark Martin signed already, he'd be perfect in the 43.

Just can't imagine the King allowing a Busch in one of his cars, he has pretty high standards.
  17. Pantah

Oddometer:
    Ambrose is that Aussie with the super road racing skill, righ?
  18. facetjoint

facetjoint TONKA

Oddometer:
    Speaking of dicks, How about Kevin Harv Dick. The way he talks to his crews. They need to take him out behind the wood shed And have a do major pee pee slap to get him in proper alignment.
  19. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    Ward Burton? what the hell has he been doing the last few years? :ear
  20. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same thing his brother should be doing!:lol3