The one and only OFFICIAL AMA MOTOCROSS NATIONALS THREAD for 2011

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Apr 26, 2011.

1. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    Jumping the gun a little, aren't you?After the first round last year CR looked good and RD looked like crap. Then what happened? :deal :freaky
  2. nobrakes

nobrakes Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. maple1

maple1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sure, I could be but for right now, why not?

I dont think he is a bad pick. He's got a lot going for himself right now, the future isnt always like the past. I dont like to bet against a Honda outdoors this year. He is running his own team and that relates to good incentive, and he rides well under pressure. I like the KTM's too,though.
  4. PTRadam

PTRadam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think Villopoto is my pick. He is naturally tallented outdoors. I think he has 3 outdoor titles on the lites bikes. He is coming off of a hard earned SX championship. Reed's strength has always been SX.
  5. Agman

Agman Ranching Rider

Oddometer:
    What about Chad's 450 Outdoor Championship in 2009?
  6. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    That was then , this is now. Hell, Mike Alessi might finally get it together. :dunno
  7. nobrakes

nobrakes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, he was doing very well on the RMZ in '09 before he busted up his knee. He was leading points by a lot when that happened. Of course, RV was leading in points before that, before he injured his knee. So the pecking order before injuries in '09 was RV, MA, CR. Now throw RD, and later on TC into the mix, I'm not sure Chad fairs too well.
  8. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    According to James Stewart's website js7.com James will not be racing the opening round at Hangtown.
    Here is an excerpt from the website.

"Everyone witnessed the way I struggled during the Supercross series this year and while I’d like to race this weekend, we just aren’t ready. I hope fans will understand.The decision has been very hard to make, but we won’t race till we’re ready."

:lurk
  9. maple1

maple1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ...........and there you go...hump
  10. yety61

yety61 Global Vagabond

Oddometer:

One of the most talented riders of the modern era, fast as hell till he augers himself, and it turns out he's just not ready? :huh

F*^%ing lame.
  11. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    :huh I'm sorry, I just do not understand how a lad who not too long ago won every moto all season is not ready to run the nationals. It just gets more bizarre all the time. It is too bad he will not start the season, I hope he changes his mind.
  12. nobrakes

nobrakes Long timer

Oddometer:
    I say you go out and take your lumps, win, lose, or draw. It only puts more pressure on himself when he does eventually race, whenever that may be. No one else is probably as ready as they would like, either. As one of his high profile sponsors says, "Just Do It." Or not. Oh well ...
  13. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray Bastardconquistador Supporter

Oddometer:
    Crank is a hell of a drug.

I think Windham will finish in the top 5. Unless he retired.
    I can't be bothered to figure that out.

Villipoto
    Grant
    Alessi
    Windham
    Reed
  14. bluebye

bluebye Skin it back

Oddometer:
    'neckville is where you hang your hat, Rolling
    Fame Burn Out. Or Epstein-Barr. Or just plain needs to move. Big James has Malcomb to fuck up now.
  15. buryurfear14

buryurfear14 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was just trying to find some info on Trey Canard and found he tweeted on his way to vegas “hopefully we’ll be back for the first half of MX” so he probably won’t be an overall threat, unfortunately. :cry<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  16. maple1

maple1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    this is so friggin crazy- motorcycle racers are supposed to RACE. Did he not know the season was coming? His sponsors have got to be really pissed off at this point. That statement is the dumbest move yet, and that's sayin somethin!:huh
  17. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Windham is racing. :nod
  18. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Dave DeSpain had RC and RV on his show Sunday. Both were quite good, Ryan is a class act. I think we can expect big things from him for some time. Of course Dave asked about Bubba. Ricky says, "He is trying as hard as he can." "He has the best coach in the business." Which is true, but I don't think he is listening to him. I cannot believe for a second that Johnny said to Bubba, "Look son, I don't think you are ready for the nationals. You only have one clear season, a couple of SX championships, I just don't think you are ready for this." It is crazy talk! Perhaps the sponsor's pulled backing for the outdoor effort? That I can understand. But James Stewart not being ready to take the gate anywhere in the world? That I do not understand and it just sounds intellectually dubious. Or, maybe this FL cop thing is not going under the rug without much ado.
  19. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
  20. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray Bastardconquistador Supporter

Oddometer:
    With all the outdoor fans in the room I suppose this is as good a time as any to mention the yearly trip to the Unadilla Nationals.

Anyone who wants to ride along is welcome. It'll change your year. :rofl