MAC version of Mapsource

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by COXR650L, Sep 6, 2012.

1. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have recently started using a MAC after my PC died and found that I cannot use Mapsource anymore. I began playing with Basecamp, but it does not seem I can edit, cut, join, and most importantly draw tracks. I used Mapsource to draw tracks from scratch and also join/edit exisiting tracks.

Is there a MAC program for Garmin devices that lets you construct tracks like Mapsource?

Thanks
  2. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Which version of Basecamp are you using because I can do all that on my Mac. The latest version is 4.0.1
  3. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im not sure, its the one I downloaded from the Garmin site just a few days ago. Ill look when I get home though. After a lot of googling it sounded like bascamp did not support any real track editing, and more importantly drawing tracks.

Is there a specific tool you are using, where is it located or what was it called? I did not see much of anything in the tool bar to delete or draw tracks. I did eventualy figure out how to join tracks though.

Thanks for the help
  4. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Look up on the toolbar, you'll see an icon that looks like 2 footprints. That's the track tool. You can create your tracks with it. You can edit with that tool and the hand tool depending on what you want to do.

To join tracks you select the tracks you want to link under my collection, then right click on them and it will give you choices on what you want to do including JOIN, select that and then it will ask what order you want them linked. You can also convert the track to a route there as well.
  5. istephens

istephens FJR Pilot

Oddometer:
    Just to add on to Albie's post, the Footprints Icon may not show up on your toolbar by default - it didn't on mine. However, you can bring up the Footprint tool with Command-T or right-click on the toolbar and add the Footprint Icon to the toolbar that way.

Good info by the way! I didn't know it was even there until I saw this thread!

Thanks

ian
  6. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks for the help, I actually downloaded an update I think I was over looking and the track tool was there. I wish I would have done that last week and I could have saved myself a lot of trouble.

Thanks
  7. rockitdoc

rockitdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now, you got me looking at my system. I've got a Mac running 4.0.1.0 Basecamp. It has the track tool under the 'Tools' pulldown menu, but I can't get the tool to show up at the top of the screen as an icon like the 'Hand', 'Zoom', etc. tools using keystrokes. My pulldown menu has the 'Tracks' tool shown as a ^T command, but that doesn' seem to do anything.:baldy
  8. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Just right click on the toolbar and you should see a Customize Toolbar option. Click on that, then you can drag and drop any tool you want to add or remove.