Stupid cold Rain

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by familyman, Feb 18, 2006.

1. familyman

familyman I have bad ideas

Oddometer:
    For the last two weeks I've been waiting and scheming to ride. I have sheets of maps from mapuest printed out, routes drawn, every road labeled, the camera charged up, I was geeked. Weather today is 45 and light rain. As a new rider I have neither the gear or the experience to deal with these conditions. I'm so pissed. For weeks and weeks it was 70 and sunny every day and today it's just horrible. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same, maybe it'll clear up but 'they' say it won't. Now I have to wait another week before I get to ride. Poor stella, poor poor stella.
  2. kdude

kdude Happy to be here !

Oddometer:
    Your bitching about some cool rain... how about Montreal now ! Its -26 with the wind chill and tons of snow.

Thank g-d for the bike show coming next week, because at least I have a little something to lookforward too related to bikes... :clap

DOn't worry BE HAPPY :D , the sun gonna shine again !

hp
  3. Srbenda

Srbenda Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer:

Just go and do it dude. You'll get a little wet? So what!!! Just grab the throttle and go.

BUT

Whatever you do, take some pictures of the scoot. We're really beginning to doubt its existence.:lol3
  4. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    There is no bad weather..only bad clothing.
  5. KaminoChiizu

KaminoChiizu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Put on a raincoat and get out there. I've ridden through rain and snow and wind conditions that would blow a car sideways. 'Course the Ruckus can handle it all.:evil
  6. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    It's about 34 degrees and we're getting frozen rain here. :vardy

Cold wet rain here, IMHO, sucks the big one. I'd much rather have snow or 10 degree temps.

You couldn't pay me enough to get on the Super 9 or Stella right now. :lol3

I've lived in Massachusetts, Alaska, New York, Bavaria, and worked in North & South Dakota. I've NEVER been as cold in any of those places as I've been here in NC when it rains in the winter. Blech. :vardy Cold wet rain. Yuck.
  7. familyman

familyman I have bad ideas

Oddometer:
    I'm still learning about Stella and I don't think frozen fingers and cold slippery roads are really the time to do it. Neither does my wife and that sealed the deal. I'm going to go out for a spin around the neighborhood tomorrow to get it warm and top off the tank to be ready for next weekend when it will be nice dammit!

Here's the scoot a couple of weeks ago right before my first trip around the neighborhood. Old helmet and work gloves.
  8. Srbenda

Srbenda Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer:
    all right! Very cool!

Its best to obey the wife...
  9. donsolo

donsolo MasterOfLosingMaps

Oddometer:
    Nicer Gear than me. Of course, I'm not as atgatt as these guys are. I know I'm gonna die. I just can't put together money for the XLR cables I need let alone a mesh jacket and armored jeans in my fat-ass size