ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #61
nadredrum
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: northern Indiana
Oddometer: 109
Glad to see you made it to the states, hope you are injoying the new vstom. And hopefully you make it out of Miami soon, not that the weather is to bad there right now.
nadredrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #62
LiamH91 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LiamH91's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: London, UK
Oddometer: 114
Thanks Dan :)

I'm in Chattanooga now and yep the weather has been good to me! Enjoying myself so far but being destroyed by the mosquitos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadredrum View Post
Glad to see you made it to the states, hope you are injoying the new vstom. And hopefully you make it out of Miami soon, not that the weather is to bad there right now.
__________________
http://bikepackertravels.wordpress.com/ <<< The Blog :)
LiamH91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #63
nadredrum
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: northern Indiana
Oddometer: 109
Lol ill be in the smokies on Wednesday tor Thursday. Some great riding down that way.
nadredrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:15 PM   #64
LiamH91 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LiamH91's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: London, UK
Oddometer: 114
Awesome enjoy!


Quote:
Originally Posted by nadredrum View Post
Lol ill be in the smokies on Wednesday tor Thursday. Some great riding down that way.
__________________
http://bikepackertravels.wordpress.com/ <<< The Blog :)
LiamH91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #65
The_Precious_Juice
Two pump chump
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Roanoke Valley, Virginia
Oddometer: 1,114
Welcome to the U.S.A.

So post Smokies, are you hitting the TAT?

We have April showers for May Spring flowers this time of year.

Im not very familar with west of the Mississippi River.
__________________
2013 DR650se
1995 Honda F3 (Sold)
Ride report: USA. Deep South: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=948886
USA: 77 Day ride report, coming this winter
Northeast trip planning: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003227
The_Precious_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:11 PM   #66
LiamH91 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LiamH91's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: London, UK
Oddometer: 114
Thank you I'm in Chattanooga and not hitting the TAT because I need to keep the bike in good nick to resell as I need the money for a bike in Aus :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Precious_Juice View Post
Welcome to the U.S.A.

So post Smokies, are you hitting the TAT?

We have April showers for May Spring flowers this time of year.

Im not very familar with west of the Mississippi River.
__________________
http://bikepackertravels.wordpress.com/ <<< The Blog :)
LiamH91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #67
DCrider
Live from THE Hill
 
DCrider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Oddometer: 3,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamH91 View Post
Thank you I'm in Chattanooga and not hitting the TAT because I need to keep the bike in good nick to resell as I need the money for a bike in Aus :)
Forget that hit the TAT and ride the piss outta it, you only live once and a few dings won't hurt resale much
__________________
ADV'ing from America's fine Crapital...
DCrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #68
LiamH91 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LiamH91's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: London, UK
Oddometer: 114
Haha I totally get that but I really want to do ALL of the TAT one day so I will save it all for when I do the whole thing

For now I will do some of route 66 and enjoy that one


Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrider View Post
Forget that hit the TAT and ride the piss outta it, you only live once and a few dings won't hurt resale much
__________________
http://bikepackertravels.wordpress.com/ <<< The Blog :)
LiamH91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #69
The_Precious_Juice
Two pump chump
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Roanoke Valley, Virginia
Oddometer: 1,114
I can dig it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamH91 View Post
Thank you I'm in Chattanooga and not hitting the TAT because I need to keep the bike in good nick to resell as I need the money for a bike in Aus :)
I think this is a good call seeing how you have a Vstrom, and the conditions are kind of muddy. And it is just you.

You are thinking long term RTW ADVtouring logistics and planning. I understand.
__________________
2013 DR650se
1995 Honda F3 (Sold)
Ride report: USA. Deep South: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=948886
USA: 77 Day ride report, coming this winter
Northeast trip planning: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003227
The_Precious_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #70
DCrider
Live from THE Hill
 
DCrider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Oddometer: 3,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamH91 View Post
Haha I totally get that but I really want to do ALL of the TAT one day so I will save it all for when I do the whole thing

For now I will do some of route 66 and enjoy that one
Cool I hope you do make it back some day to do the TAT, in the meantime you'll still have a blast.
__________________
ADV'ing from America's fine Crapital...
DCrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014