Cincinnati Area Dual Sport Group

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by DYNOBOB, Jan 23, 2012.

?

Dinner Location?

1. Golden Corral

17 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. Asian Buffet

20 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. J Gumbo

24 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. Marions Pizza

55 vote(s)
    49.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB lucky dog Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi all.

Thought I'd start this thread to make others aware of our local group of dual sport enthusiasts. Right now we get together on the third Thursday of the month at Golden Corral behind Bass Pro Shop at 6pm. Nothing formal, we talk about our bikes, plan some rides, compare farkles, etc (we had 15-20 attend last time). Some lean toward sport touring, some toward dirt; all are welcome. We have folks from Northern KY to Dayton participating. There's a shared spreadsheet of names, emails, and what you ride, if you want to be added PM me or inmate Dualsport. Props to Dualsport for really spreading the word about our group in the area!

So use this thread to check in, post pics of your bike, links to your RR, share a vid of a buds get off, or whatever. :)

Ride on!

EDIT (6/27/14): We are now meeting at Marion's Pizza in Mason (across from WLW tower) at ~6pm on the SECOND Thursday of the month.

EDIT AGAIN (12/10/14) You better check at the end of the thread for current meeting location, it's bouncing around a bit...

Edit 4/2/18: Because of the geographic spread of the group we've evolved a north and south dinner location. The northern Cinci/Dayton guys have been meeting at the Village Family Restaurant in Waynesville on the 1st Monday of the month. The northern KY/Cinci guys have been meeting at Smoq in Tri-County, I believe on the 3rd Thursday. Inquire on the thread for confirmation.

Edit 2/22/23: The regular meetings unfortunately have fallen off. Anyone that wants to organize and get them going again is more then welcome to. They are a great way to meet like minded riders and develop a circle of moto-friends.

Need_More_Knowledge likes this.
  2. Dualsport

Dualsport Maker of Sweet Cheek

Oddometer:
    Cincinnati the best riding in the area, aint here
    Thanks for the thread Bob. This could be a good place for us to share our route sheets as well.
    I'll talk to a few of the guys and see if we can get them linked.

BTW I'm calling on a 690 Adventure R this morning. Couldn't sleep last night. I was like a little kid waiting for Santa.:clap

edit... KTM sold over the weekend...:(:
  3. bluemarlin

bluemarlin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for this new effort, Clarke. Everytime I go to an outing like this and learn about a good product
    I end up spending money. Anyway, at our table I learned about Heidenau tires. I found a local distributor,
    Heindl Engineering in Eaton, OH. He has my size in the K60 Scouts and I'll be a bit lighter in cash.
    I read about the K60's on ADVrider and everyone loves them, How about 8-10,000 miles on a duel sport
    tire ! It's rated as a 50/50 tire. Heindl will mount and balance, but, I'd make sure they are balanceable.
  4. Dualsport

Oddometer:
    Hey you Weiner - I sell Heidenau as well. And I'm a heck of a lot more local and cheaper.

Yes, I can balance them.

Call me at Sport Tour... 513.761-0936
  5. DYNOBOB

Oddometer:
    Welcome Clarke. Actually we helped you save money by buying a long lasting tire...yeah, that's it, we're saving you money... :D

6. motoxer667

motoxer667 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just signing in to say hi. I wish I could make the 3rd Thursday meetings, but that is my kids scout meeting night. Hopefully I will be able to make some as we get closer to riding season.
  7. witttom

witttom Ανταγωνιστής

Oddometer:
    How high? ;)
  8. motoxer667

motoxer667 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Noticed that too. Then I read yours. :rofl
  9. grinderboy

grinderboy Grinderboy

Oddometer:
    Great Idea!

Always check Adventure in Ohio and Northeast Ohio site, now get another one.

Can't do Thursdays.

Will use this thread to keep up
  10. cobrat

cobrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In...I'm high....er, I mean ..... Hi, I'm in!

Tom
  11. D K

D K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone..

Im trying to see if anyone is hading out toward Arizona in the next month or so.

Would like to rent trailer space if possible...:clap

David
  12. Toy Teacher

Toy Teacher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Group,

I have been to a couple of the Thursday night meeting but have not ridden with anyone from the group in the dirt,
    maybe soon that will change.:evil
  13. HAWKWIND

HAWKWIND Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great idea Bob, I had fun last Thursday. Talking to different bike owners is helping me on my quest for the perfect bike.:D

Ed
  14. Dualsport

Oddometer:
    When you find the "perfect" bike...PLEASE let me know what it is.:lol3
  15. patmo

patmo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ray and others,,,,,,,,

Sounds like fun. I work in Florence until 6 on Thursdays but if you don't mind me showing up late I'll try to make it next time.

Pat
  16. witttom

witttom Ανταγωνιστής

Oddometer:
    Perfect bike. Ummm.... yeah. That's like trying to fill your toolbox with one tool that does everything. You're better off owning multiple tools. ;)
    alexlycaon likes this.
  17. Badjuju

Badjuju Biker Billy

Oddometer:
    I'd like to weigh in on this, too. Noticed a lot of people already said Thu were bad for 'em, and for me as well. Any chance we could rotate in a Mon-Wed-Fri to the meeting schedule....and maybe NOT at the GC. I haven't ever been, and didn't realize: 1) you can't get in without paying for food, whether yer eating or not; and 2) NO F'N BEER!

Hope y'all don't think I'm trying to sheit in yer mess kit, but figger it doesn't hurt to ask. :freaky
  18. Dualsport

Oddometer:

I sent out multiple e-mails to find out what day worked best for everyone. Thursday was best overall from those that responded. Those that did not respond didn't get a vote. Third Thursday worked better than others so it is the third Thursday.
    I called several places trying to find one that had a meeting room we could use for several hours. We can't use a bar or someplace with music or TV's because we like to sit and talk - not yell.
    I went out and met with many owners and managers before I settled on Golden Corral.
    Those that have attended like it.
    And If you can't come and talk with the guys and eat because there isn't beer, I feel sorry for you. You need to be attending a different support group than what we have to offer.

OK, I'm off my soap box now.

Oh, guy's can you put your name in your signature so we know who you are?
  19. Dualsport

Oddometer:
    Pat, One of the things that made me pick Golden Corral is that we have the room for 3+ hours. So by all means come visit with us.
  20. DYNOBOB

Oddometer:
    I don't want to step on any toes because I'm the new guy and haven't done the work to organize the group... but who says there can't also be a "second Monday of the month meeting" at a different location or whatever. Hell, throw your idea out and see who salutes...that's the purpose of this thread. Not everyone on the thread is going to share the same riding interests/styles anyway. One of the things I like best about the motorcycle sport is you meet consistently good people and always find a few w/ compatible interests.

Obviously there is never one date that works for everyone, that's the nature of the beast. In the end someone has to make the call and I respect Ray's effort to get a third Thurs group together...

n2deep1901 likes this.