2012 CupWE VicHighCountry Ride

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by AusGoFar, Nov 6, 2012.

1. AusGoFar

AusGoFar get back on that horse

Oddometer:
    Steve put the plan together for a Cup Weekend High Country Ride. The 5 of us saddled up the KTMs and left from his place 8am Saturday morning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some great riding from Cockatoo - Beenak - Warburton - Reefton spur - Big River - Mt Disappointment - Jamieson - Stoney Creek - Sheepyard - Upper Jamieson Hut for Camp. Too busy riding for taking photos

[​IMG]

Nice camp on the river
    [​IMG]

View from the tent in the morning - looked like another cracking day ahead of us

[​IMG]

Just to ensure we rode all day with wet feet in our boots - the obligatory river crossing to start the day

[​IMG]

After crossing and about to head up the hill, out of the valley and ultimately to Harrietville

[​IMG]

Harrietville pub for a sensational meal and beers

[​IMG]

Next day - from Harrietville - up towards Hotham - then out to Blue Rag and then down the steep drop of Bald Hill Track

Snow still on top of Hotham

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then down Bald Hill - - 1km down

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="425" height="756" src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2198533526_T6CWcsP?width=425&height=756"></iframe>
  2. Mudguts

Mudguts when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer:
    Nice pics Dave
    You missed out on a ripper track on the way back
  3. notsoslow

notsoslow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You wouldn't want to meet bald hill on a wet day. It looks pretty steep on the vid which usually means its stepper in real life.:clap
  4. Russ

Russ Путин - военный преступник

Oddometer:
    Good stuff great pics.:clap
  5. Brute

Brute Melbourne , outer east .

Oddometer:
    Great pics Dave . Any pics of the log? It was a great ride . I was talking with the boys on the way home saying with a bit of fine tuning , the 1000 kilometre loop we did could become an Iconic loop with some of the best tracks in the state .
    The steep hill in the video was South basalt knob track .
  6. alexmacca30

alexmacca30 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would have been me you saw in the White Hilux down from Refrigerator Gap at the rather large tree that had fallen down blocking my path.....one of those times I wished I was on the bike, I would have got through...:cry
  7. Brute

Brute Melbourne , outer east .

Oddometer:
    Small world , The size of that tree was a bit much for a quick chain saw job .
  8. Reckless Relic

Reckless Relic Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Dave thanks for putting up the ride report good to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves, who knows it may become a Tight Ass Adventure Tour annual event. :clap

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/53066851?badge=0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="281" width="500"></iframe> Blue Rag Range from Reckles Relic on Vimeo.
  9. rutsthematter

rutsthematter Yes they are

Oddometer:
    Nice RR thanks for the pics it can be hard work stoppin to take them. I was up that way on the monday nice weather and good track conditions but more 4x4s than I like. Went from Drouin Erica Mt usefull South Rd Bull plain spur Nobs Clear creek Brocks Cairn creek Bluff 16 mile jeep Bluff link Howqua river Howqua hills Jamieson poletti mount terrible Hope Big river Snowy track the triangle nine mile thompson valley noojee home. 520ks.
  10. Dave70

Dave70 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey mate, what size fisheye were you using in those pics?
  11. Reckless Relic

Reckless Relic Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dave took the stills and the first video on his iPhone the video I out up was taken with a Nikon AW100 pocket camera.
  12. AusGoFar

AusGoFar get back on that horse

Oddometer:

IPhone 5. It has a cool panorama feature
  13. Dave70

Dave70 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thats super.
    Makes me glad I lashed out two grand on a Nikon D7000...