Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Seafoam....
  2. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    I hate sea foam. I'd rather fart in the tank and hope that works. :rolleyes
  3. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    or techron...has worked for me.. :wink:
  4. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Nice, mine doesn't have those 4 lines and the material bunched up a bit there but still looks ok. More importantly it feels great!

[​IMG]
  5. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    http://mystarbrite.com/startron//content/view/35/47/lang,en/

Lots of people I know swear by this stuff.

The 93 octane will do nothing...well, I suppose, if you trust their advertising, there is some magical detergent stuff in there, but around here filling up with gas nets you an additional 10% alcohol....not good.

Beyond the detergent package the only reason to move up to higher octane is to slow the burn down and make it more "controlled"
  6. buildit

Oddometer:
    Well, it has happened before and getting fresh fuel usually clears it up in time. This may be the year I get the valves checked again. Probably ought to do the clutch too. :hmmmmm
  7. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Which model is that Alan? Mine has a Seat Concepts, but no lines.
    When I did that Flint Ridge ride in the late fall I spent about 10 hours or more on the bike & my butt didn't complain. Well, I guess I usually stand on gravel, so maybe 6 or 7 hours on the seat. Pretty comfortable.
    I have an electric stapler here if anyone down this way needs one. It worked fine for putting a new seat on the KLR.
    I put a SpeedoDRD on my WRR today, the speedometer was about 15% off. It was only a couple percent off when the gearing was stock, that just bugged me too much. The device works as advertised. The speedo is dead on with my gps, I'll check the odo next time I'm out. Maybe we should rename this thread WRR in Ohio. :lol3
  8. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I have the standard seat height version and I'm guessing that you and I have older versions of the cover and they now put those stitch lines in to prevent the bunching up of the material in that area...
  9. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    All modern fuel has detergent in it. Sometimes running it is enough to loosen up and remove most carb gunk. Its not 100% of it though.
  10. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its the regular height carbon fiber. My stock seat was good until about the 100-150 mile mark and after that I was wishing for a new seat. My leg is still sore so standing is not as easy as it was before so that was my other reason for pulling the trigger on a new seat.
    My speedometer is off 10 mph at 65mph so it makes the math real easy. Plus I dont really care how fast I am going on the wr just so I am not getting passed by amish buggys, going to fast isnt a problem.
    I hope we can get a big group of Ohio WR riders together this summer for a ride.
  11. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll probably take you up on that some day.
  12. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    so I'm looking to place an order at Iron Pony's website...anyone got a discount/coupon code?
  13. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine was off 9 at 60, so the percentage is pretty close. I thought the same until I did that adv enduro, now I'd like the speedo to be pretty close. I plan to do a couple more this year. It was a pretty good time.
    I'd definitely be up for a WRR gathering this year.
  14. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    From what I read in the mega thread, your odo will be off.
  15. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some anyway. Mine were pretty close stock with T63s, not the 10% off that some of those folks claim. I may recalibrate on the odo instead of the speedo.
  16. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Higher octane (by itself) won't cure a stumble, not on your bike. VStrom is designed for 87, higher octane requires higher heat and compression to effectively burn...which you ain't giving it. More likely is that the gas you've got is bad, not that the octane is too low. If that's the case, the fresh gas might help, but the octane isn't the fix.

Have you had a bad experience with it? I've used it for years and it's unfucked some pretty gummed up carbs...it's a good fuel stabilizer, too.
  17. buildit

Oddometer:
    I tried it one year on the KLR. It has been the only time the KLR has had issues when brought out in the spring. Just regular Fuel Stabilizer seems to work best and occasional starts over the course of the winter. I've been a slacker this winter, but a week ago all three started and ran fine. I think fresh fuel is what the Strom wants. :evil
  18. z@ch

z@ch Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer:
    Sta-bil for "I'm planning ahead for winter!"

Sea Foam for "Shit! I forgot the Sta-bil!"
  19. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    I use SeaForm for both. This is ok, yes?
  20. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Yep, pretty much the same thing except a couple versions of stabil contain alcohol. Let the flame war begin.