MotoGP '13 Qatar- Desert in the dark (spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by DC2wheels, Mar 29, 2013.

1. motojunky

motojunky Professional Idiot

Oddometer:
    I hope this is true.

I like to think that if I were in his shoes that I would, but who knows how appealing it will really be after a long road racing career...
  2. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
  3. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was kind of Yamaha to put Lorenzo in the foreground. :lol3

Look at all the chatter in this thread. Did someone new win a race?
  4. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  5. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    I was trying to figure out how to make that point. :D

6. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

Just the race for 2nd. Didn't you hear the whole crowd cheering for Vale at the end?
    That must be at least a little tough for JLo to swallow.

This is the First Ducati turnaround with the might of the Fatherland behind it. I think there is extra value in that.
  7. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Yeah I can see that,Bryan Smith with a factory Kawasaki semi,Nicky with full Ducati backing,Harley rolling out a 5 man factory team like back in the day,and all racing for a couple thousand dollars at an old horse track.

Uhhhh,maybe not.
  8. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Audi should get Moto-Gp figured out in no time..........Ducati has had how many winning bikes in road racing?
    A lot.
    And how many years have they struggled with this current package?
    A lot. Maybe time for some seriously fresh thinking.
  9. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    Yes, it must. Valentino is already in his head. Oh well. Jorge is a winner, no doubt, a champion, too, but to be CHAMPION, he has to be really great this year.
  10. maloosik

maloosik Squishimus Squidimus

Oddometer:
    He will be.
  11. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

It seems that Vale will the "The People's Champion" for this era.
  12. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Somewhere in the back of Jorge's head is that season when Rossi came back from the broken leg and started effing with Jorge for the pure fun of it.

He was unable to resist,and it made for great viewing.
  13. SGrider

SGrider Bob's country bunker

Oddometer:
    This thread is getting comical, you guy's think Rossi finishing 2nd is going to get into Lorenzo's head.:rofl That's some of the stupidest shit I've ever heard.

Remember in 2010 when Rossi highsided himself to the moon trying to keep up with his faster teammate? Remember the wall Rossi insisted on, who was faster after they put up the wall and won the championship. A lot of selective memory around here. :lol3
  14. Old fart

Old fart Keen AG100 rider

Oddometer:
    The haters go on hating :evil Maybe Rossi could retire and go racing in V8's instead, bet he'd finish better than 14th in the beginner class :D
  15. BeeCeeGS

BeeCeeGS WeaponOfMassDestruction

Oddometer:
    IIRC, Rossi was the victim of a tire that cooled off quickly if you didn't work it hard enough

Anyways, I think Jlo will take it all in stride. I think he's used to building up a lead in the championship while everyone looks elsewhere.
  16. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Jorge has launched himself to the moon and higher enough times to know ,dont charge Quite so darn hard,be smooth.

Ive cringed watching him bounce off the pavement at speed more then enough times,hes been lucky to walk or be lifted away and race again.

Hes the king of smooth now,learned some lessons.

Him and Rossi seem like the best of buddies rt now,wonder how long that will last?
  17. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I think they are NOT. :D

It is a matter of keep your friends close and your enemies closer. For now.
  18. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    I don't actually care who wins. I like to see good racing. Safe racing. I think that is what I saw in the three races this Sunday. I think it would be perfect if we got to the last race and it's anybody's game to lose. I don't think that will happen between the five, but I bet Dorna would be all over a close season long battle.
    I'd like to see Pedrosa take the crown, just so he finally gets it done. I'd also like to see Rossi take it. But, then I'd not mind watching Lorenzo repeat.
    I do really hope we're in for a season long battle between four or five or six riders. We know Lorenzo, Marquez, Pedrosa and Rossi will be there Crutchlow will push until he twists the throttles off all his bikes, and maybe Bradl will get in the mix. Maybe Smith? Bautista too.
    Certainly four riders in the mix every race. The trick will be to not let anybody get too far ahead. Both Pedrosa and Lorenzo have done that. Pedrosa can't be counted out from one race. Not after his second half last season.
    This was the first race Lorenzo won since Laguna Seca 2012 when he and Dani both finished. A load of races to go yet and Dani didn't lose too many points.
    It was after all fourth not a DNF.
    I also don't think there are any frail egos in this mix. These guys have all been at this long enough and around to know what is what. Any of that nonsense is probably trumped up by the Italian or Spanish media.
    Then again what do I know? They all could spend their days sitting around sniping about who was wearing what when.
    Could be just an international version of Jersey Shore. :lol3

Dovi and Hayden are looking to be doing about the same as last year if testing and this one race say anything. They may get to the front as Hayden was able to do last year but five laps is about the limit of contact with that front four. Maybe the Germans will push the right buttons in the correct order and get the big red turnip trucks turning. Maybe not. I hope they do. That would make the second half of this season fun and next year even more so.

Stoner is gone to four wheels. I'll miss seeing him paint those big black arcs. But,he ain't here no more so there is no need to talk about him.

Lastly I sure hope Spies gets his shoulder working so it's easier for him to keep pace with the turnip fleet.

And I still don't get CRT. Where does the money come from? They can't all be financed by Nigerian princes.:lol3
  19. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Last year Pedrosa's team-mate was arquably the fastest motorcycle racer on the planet at the time. But Pedro still beat him. Seems like Stoner got a valid successor, but with just 1 out of 18 rounds gone, I wouldn't say Dani is 2nd in that team just yet.
  20. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    So agreed on three good races, and sort of not caring who won. I loved the Moto 3 race and sort wanted Alex Marquez to win, but enjoyed it and was less than disappointed with the finish.
    Moto2 was great, I love a two rider stalking, with equally matched riders, just waiting for a mistake. I like both of the riders, wanted Redding to win his first, and as the slower underdog rooted for him, but I like Esparargo, talented and seems to just enjoy racing and his brother.
    MotoGP, how can you not root for Cal? Of course been a fan of Rossi for ever, and coming back ,and shredding through the pointy end of the field, had to root for him. I have been an MM fan since 125, will never forget his crash in warmup, rebuild the bike and did what he had to do for the championship. Indifferent to Pedrosa, and not really a JL fan, but no denying his talent, and i enjoy talent.
    If this year is even close to the three races this weekend we are all in for an awesome year.