Sell your vehicle -remove your ADv stickers

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Saltbox, May 21, 2009.

1. ADVMindset

ADVMindset Americana Adventurer

Oddometer:

Well....let's see a picture of Bugs !
  2. KSJEEPER

KSJEEPER Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :poser
  3. MathewC

MathewC All adders are puffs

Oddometer:
    I was riding last night and passed someone in my neighborhood with a F800GS and got that "I'd really like to stop and talk to him" feeling

I'm just not sure that I can get behind the whole flipping people off thing. It's too bad there's not another way.
  4. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here you go n00b :fyyff

http://www.bmwmoa.org/

http://www.klr650.net/

:komet .........................:lol3
  5. MathewC

MathewC All adders are puffs

Oddometer:
  6. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Now you are catching on. :wave
  7. Noreaster

Noreaster Fat and Cuddly again

Oddometer:
    Is this for real? Why didn't you just fucking cap him? He could have killed you and there is no way on God's Green Earth that you could have E&Eed him on that KLR!
  8. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Such a stellar example of rational thought. :1drink
  9. Noreaster

Oddometer:
    "in fear for my life or grave bodily harm"........
  10. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    "I show him the same sticker on my bike and explain what it means. At this point the guy busts out laughing, apologizes to me for riding my ass."

A little better ending that "Just fucking cap him" don't you think?

:norton
  11. Human Ills

Human Ills Useful Idiom

Oddometer:
  12. Noreaster

Oddometer:
    Eventually he was able to defuse the situation and I'm not at all surprised. Up until that point he was in grave danger (is there any other kind?). Of course, we are talking about a thread about flipping people off to show them how much you like them. It seems to me you might be wound a little to tight for a dude with "69" as an avatar. Tounge in cheek (at least partly) bro.
  13. The Jerk

The Jerk Bring us some fresh wine!

Oddometer:
    Had a good one yesterday, I'm at a light in Brooklyn on the W650, guy in a truck rolls up and compliments me on the bike, we chat for a bit and he rolls up the window. Right as the light turns green he rolls down the window and says "hey I just saw your sticker" and with a big grin gives me the bird :lol3

I don't have ADV stickers on the W650 but do have a FYYFF sticker on the back of my helmet so I guess it's safe to assume the guy's an inmate if he recognized that. :D
  14. smile-maker

smile-maker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Waving is just part of being civil -- something distinctly lacking in our flagging society.

The "salute" should be amongst friends in a familiar setting: an ADV event for example. In general public, the "salute" is an uncontrolled hostility. Perhaps not from your pov, but from nearly any other perspective that might see it, children, etc.

The sticker is just a way to say hello to a fellow ADV person, and to promote the site.

BTW, if you're riding "like a hooligan" (translation: jackass), then don't be surprised when laws are passed against motorcycling in general. If you don't regulate yourself, others will do it for you.
  15. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have an ADV sticker on the back window of My pickup. Once in a while i will get a salute. Or if I see a Sticker on a bike and can get in front of em i will point my finger at the sticker and say Hello via the salute. never had a problem with it. Was rollin up I 70 in 08 and passed a member with his bike and a fully loaded Pickup pulled alongside and Saluted. He Laughed and returned it. Its all in how ya do It I think. Always makes me grin to have some one say hello that way.
  16. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:

That's funny as hell... a little.

I was at the Pikes Peak race this year, and there were some inmates that were going to meet up.

I see this HUGE harley looking type dude next to a very nicely farkled 1200 GS - with ADV sticker.

I walk up, flip him off, and he's like, "yeah, I get that a lot.... what does that mean"? HAHAH. VERY cool dude. Retired at 50 from building custom choppers. Totally sold on not doing big miles on HDs any more.

We bullshitted for about 20 minutes. Nice dude.

Barry
  17. SkiFastBadly

SkiFastBadly A beer? Yes, please

Oddometer:
    I was riding my Uly through Sultan WA today and I saw parked in a lot a BMW with an ADV sticker on the back and a guy standing next to it with his helmet off. I beeped my tiny Uly horn and he looked up and waved. I gave him the bird, and he busted out laughing as I went by. If I offended some children I don't really give a shit.
  18. Taurkon

Taurkon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I always give the salute to other riders of Adventure bikes. I am quite sure some of them are thinking "WFT was that for", but I always appreciate it when I get the salute!

:D :D :D
  19. misterjack

misterjack Universal

Oddometer:
    haha so great :rofl:ricky:rilla:jump:lobby:kat:kat
  20. slartidbartfast

slartidbartfast Life is for good friends and great adventures Supporter

Oddometer:
    Southern Louisiana or Southern England or ...
    Yeah, it's nice to belong to a group - and ADV is a great group to belong to. Recognizing other members and sharing something in common with them is also great. The so called ADV salute is just fucking retarded, however. This story is just another example of how we in the motorcycling community are our own worst enemies.