Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    hear hear,a pity stoner gone imho but mr rossi sure knows how to race.Hopefully with MM( idont etink any of us doubt his intentions or ability) and Rossi on factory bikes there will be some close racing up front
  2. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tactical genius in close combat. That is (or at least was!) probably the best side of Rossi's racecraft, he always had a plan, and could change it very quickly. Not afraid to do some ballsy moves, even in the last corner, if necessary. Pedrosa showed similar determination a couple of times this year, but that's new for him. Like the rest of the "three aliens", before his title challenge in -12, he's been at his best, when he's able to ride his own race, preferably break away at the front and not get tangled up in a fight. Rossi can have it either way. But of course he'll need to be able to stay with Lorenzo&Pedrosa first.

MM seems to have that ability to fight hard, but sometimes his judgment fails him. But the dude is barely twenty (or is he still under that?) so he will learn. Just hoping his learning process isn't a painful one!
  3. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Rossi sure is entertaining to watch. I think he has that determination and passion to pull "stunts" like Laguna 08... that was just insane and not just the cork screw, but the whole race... well...until Stoners ambition outweighed his talent.:D

#58 was entertaining to watch too, maybe even wilder than Rossi.

I hope Iannone can figure that Ducati out. That could turn interesting...
  4. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    He's 20 early next year. He's going to be something special.
  5. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    I wished that Rossi would have given Ducati 1 more year as well, see how they would have faired with Audi money and engineering. I can see how Burgess can think of it as a regret. I don't think anyone puts that on him or the team though, Ducati fell flat on their face. Lack of development, lack of parts to test. I mean you can only polish a turd so much without new stuff to try out. Also NO ONE except for Casey could/can ride the duck fast in it's current state. Hopefully Audi can change that.

Ah well, I just hope Rossi doesn't get the Spies treatment at Yamaha.
  6. 5th-Elefant

5th-Elefant Long timer

Oddometer:
    It'll be interesting to see how Spies does on the ducati as he seems to prefer a setup radically different to other riders.
  7. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    The difference I see is that Rossi was original, and he is a real rock star all over the world. He brought many people in to watch MotoGp first for him, then for the racing.

Lorenzo was a copycat. His celebrations seemed contrived, he was not a rock star world wide, nobody came to watch MotoGp because of Lorenzo:deal If anything, they watch it in spite of Lorenzo. I for one enjoyed his racing, but if he won, would not watch the painful after race antics.

Huge difference in my eyes.
  8. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Rossi was an innovator. Jorge is an imitator.
  9. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Agreed. If the Claudia Schiffer prank failed to raise a smile in someone, they need to get checked :lol3
  10. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually, from this perspective I agree. If Marquez would still have been on competitive machinery had that happened.

Hehe, that is true. Haven't thought of that for a long time. :lol3
  11. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:

That prank was to poke Biaggi, who was pretending to date some supermodel. The racers now don't have big rivalries like that anymore. Or at least don't poke each other publicly like that anymore. Its just stupid dress-up on the podium and the occasional neat helmet design.

Which is fine by me. I don't care about the drama. I want to see a good race.
  12. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It looks like he found out how good the brakes work the hard way!?! :rofl

[​IMG]
  13. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, if one doesn't exclude the other, it does add a bit of flavour. But yeah, those things are not a substitute for good racing. Rossi's popularity among people who didn't use to watch racing I think is in that he offered (-s?) good racing, with a laugh as a side-order.
  14. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    My great hope is that Iannone is the big surprise for next season. I have no doubt that Jorge, Pedro and Marquez will deliver, it is Iannone that could really make for an interesting year. That is...as long as Ducati deliver.
  15. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Haha, and who could forget the port a potty one. Sorry but that was amazingly funny.

I really hope Ducati pulls it together. Got 3 of the guys I root for on their squad now damnit. Hayden, Spies, and Iannone. CMON DUCATI GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER MAN!
  16. MODNROD

MODNROD Pawn of Petty Tyrants

Oddometer:
    I rekn Spies might be the surprise packet on the Ducketty. I think it might suit his aggressive riding style.:deal
  17. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    I think most of us hope so!
  18. 8703

8703 message in a bottle

Oddometer:
    Millions of MGP fans don't seem to agree with you. Did you not notice the oceans of yellow t-shirts? :deal
  19. 8703

8703 message in a bottle

Oddometer:
    Burgess comments on Spies mechanics though, was a bit over the top. Anyone relying on MotoGP for job security is misguided (not to mention, ahem .. 10th place factory effort :augie).
  20. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Audi money and engineering might turn the ship. But if that's gonna happen in -13, so that we can really see all Ducatis going much better on track against the RCV & M1, then it really is very quick success for them. With 3 out of 4 of their riders being new to the bike and all. And for at least two years, they've been so far behind, that I dunno if you can call that project a 'ship'... more like a friggin' submarine! So the task is really huge.

Of course it's possible, too, that some of those new riders riding style will suit the bike. But there's already a long list of riders, who have tried, but had to admit, that that's not the case.