Election Time In B.C.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bccom, Feb 3, 2013.

1. bccom

bccom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    With the election coming up BCCOM needs your input. We will put together a maximum of 8 questions that will go to every candidate in BC then their answers will be posted on the website. Please keep the questions short and focused.
  2. sparklr

sparklr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dear Sir and/or Madam,

Once elected will you IMMEDIATELY remove the RUM designation from motorcycle licensing and insurance scrutiny, provided that they meet only the bare minumum of DOT devices afforded other vehicles that are deemed safe to operate on our roadways?

Secondly, will you regard that any new, used, rebuilt and self built motorcylce that is currently available for purchase anywhere on this planet will be granted MOTORCYCLE status EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Being subject to only these clauses.

a) Only rebuilt and self built vehicles are subject to MUST HAVE safety inspections.
    b) Any motorcycle that is sold, manufactured, and approved for highway use already in any other province or developed country, has DOT equalivalent or better designation and/ or the minimum BASIC requirements will not endure additional scrutiny in licensing and insurance matters.

A succession of YES answers would prove favourable in your election bid.
  3. Bayner

Bayner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nicely worded.
  4. offworlder

offworlder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. mroddis

mroddis Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Insurance rates for motorcycles in this province are crazy. Thoughts?

Motorcycles should be free to use all HOV lanes (if they currently can't ride in some). Thoughts?

Toll bridge rates should not apply to motorcycles. Discuss.
  6. DNF

DNF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Transferable plates x 8
  7. vanveen

vanveen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would you support a fleet rate for multiple vehicles, why is there not a insurance requirement on the driver instead of the vehicle and just a plate requirement on the vehicle? This would be cheaper for those of us who use a truck and a bike
  8. shuswap biker

shuswap biker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If tourism is such a big industry in BC, what are you doing to promote motorcycle touring in the province for both on and off road riders.
  9. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    I would like to know why motorcyclists are forced to pay for parking, unlike the civilized world.
    I would like to know why little or no enforcement is carried out in intersections, where deaths occur. Why are they hiding in the backs of campers,etc. with radar guns, instead?
  10. Berg57

Berg57 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 toll rates should not apply to motorcycles.
  11. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

Revenue, it's all about revenue. Cops hiding behind trees, bikes paying for parking. Money.

Money!!
  12. avdeeff

avdeeff n00b

Oddometer:
    How's about we make it legal to ride standing up?
  13. B.C.Biker

B.C.Biker mighty fine

Oddometer:
    How many times can we cast a vote for transferable bike plates, I`d vote all day. Kettle Valley rail bed open to all responsible people. Motorcycles included.
    If a dirt bike or custom street bike was inspected and had all saftey equipment it should be plateable. With a transferasble plate!
  14. RevyRider

RevyRider FXD Traveler

Oddometer:
    Definately transferable insurance would be cool. As a family, my wife and I own and license four vehicles, her Land Cruiser, my GMC and our bikes, we have to pay to insure all four yet we can only drive any two at one time, ..makes no sense.

The operator/driver should be insured and the vehicle/motorcycle should be plated. This insane double dipping by ICBC must stop. Such BS!! The ICBC CEO's and upper management earn ridiculous salaries!!! Stop stealing from us and get a real job where you actualling have to work for a living.

Motorcycles should be allowed freedom of movement and parking in all scenarios. This would help pormote their use and therefore decrease the reliance on larger vehicles. This is both logical and a win for the "green" environment.

Rant over for now, ..I could go on....
  15. woofer2609

woofer2609 Less flow, more Gnar

Oddometer:
    Add a few bucks to the policy for each bike it, and the plate, covers.

I support more traffic enforcement, and the hiring of specific Traffic Enforcement officers ( a la VPD) as usually in the case of motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians, we have the most to lose if someone decides to drive aggressively, distracted, fast, through an intersection, etc. knowing there are no repercussions. Fines would more than pay to hire these officers. I have no problem with cops hiding out behind signs etc. with a radar gun. Speeding is a personal choice.

Only 1 in 4 traffic camera infractions is ever cited. Seeing as these are the most dangerous spots for all involved, why not prosecute all infractions? To me this is like letting three out of four assaults go unpunished because the government doesn't want to be seen as "mean".
  16. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

Gosh, they're not imposing fines on 75% of intersection cameras?? Now there's an utterly classic government fumble.
  17. woofer2609

woofer2609 Less flow, more Gnar

Oddometer:
  18. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

IMO, every lighted intersection in BC should have a red light camera, and 100% of offences should be billed out. Cash grab, yeah, so? At least it's a punishing system, in a world of increasing lack of responsibility.
  19. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agree! A lot of the bleating about "cash grab" is probably coming from "special" people. You know the ones, the ones the rules don't apply to. Forget fines, crush their cars/trucks. :eek1

Lifetime driving bans for repeat idjits. Caught driving after that: lifetime on the prison farm digging in the dirt. :evil

Most people should NOT be driving, they aren't capable of it. :puke1

:wink:

:D :D
  20. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

Well,,,,,maybe a bit heavy,,,,,,

I like the idea of a perpetual revenue feed from those who do not take a true safety law into consideration. Anything to offset the taxes I have to pay, I'm all for it.