Lizrdcooler adaptor for TW200, XT225, TTR 225, TTR230

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Lizrdbrth, May 22, 2012.

1. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Crazy C. Your XT should have a canister installed (you'll notice it....it'll look out of place on a bike).....do a google search for "smog canister for XT 225" and it will show you exactly what and where it is.
  2. Crazy Canadian

Crazy Canadian All who wander r not lost

Oddometer:
    Nope, no canister on my bike. I bought it second hand from a military guy who had it in at least 4 different states with him. So it could be a CA, TX, AK or NC bike.
  3. mikesova

mikesova Michigander

Oddometer:
    Also curious? I just bought a t-dub for my wife and can see a lot of slow, easy going exploring in our future, do you think this mod would help extend the life of the bike?
  4. r80rt

r80rt Dirt road nomad

Oddometer:
    Yes a oil cooler will help to extend your engine life, as soon as the 49 state kits are ready I'll bolt one on my TW. With only one quart of oil these little guys run hot, a cooler designed and sized for the TDub just makes sense all the way around.
  5. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    Sorry gang. My notifications thingy must be broke.

The 49-state versions are prototyped. I'm in Cali so it's taken awhile to verify with out-of-state testers in order to ensure that the 49-state hardware will accomodate all the known aftermarket tank, fender, downtube and skidplate hardware variations, just as I had to do initially with the Cali units.

They'll be available mid-April at the very latest.
  6. seantx

seantx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :ear

Waiting on 49 state version.
  7. r80rt

r80rt Dirt road nomad

Oddometer:
    I put a Lizrdbrth Cooler on my TW today, I'ts a great piece of work, my little motor loves it,:clap
    [​IMG]
  8. DingDangKid

DingDangKid El Lechero

Oddometer:
    :ears

Is it possible to get a copy of the installation instructions before ordering? I like to feel out the project before diving in.
  9. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    The 49-state mount isn't yet available, therefore instructions are not yet available.

The Cali kit installs in 30 minutes or less. They differ only with respect that the 49-state kit will have its own mount rather than the Cali kit's canister mount, so I project that it will take.... 32 minutes?:clap

Synopsis of Cali kit instructions:

Remove stock oil filter cover. Install its O-ring into your new cover and install just as stock. Same 3 bolts, same filter and O-rings. As long has the bike has been sitting on its kickstand for at least a couple of hours you won't even drip oil.

Mount cooler to canister mount using supplied nuts and bolts.

Measure and cut tubing to length. Orient hose clamps, thread return hose through old canister drain hose loop, attach and tighten clamps. Done.

All fittings are pre-installed with Teflon, trimmed and pre-tightened.

The most time-consuming part of a proper install is leak checking. I recomend that the bike be run at idle for for at least 30 minutes until both the cooler and cover have both had a chance to fully expand.

Once in a blue moon a fitting will weep after the first warmup. The weeping is usually so minor that it's barely visible, but if any occur they can usually be stopped by tightening the fitting an additional 1/8 turn.

I'll be more than happy to post the finalized instructions for the 49-state kit once done.

I try to speak to every purchaser personally and am available by phone 24/7.

'Cept when I ain't.

Be warned that when I ain't that number drops drastically. More like 18/7.

I like to ride, and I don't do Bluetooth. Sue me.:rofl
  10. Hawk62cj5

Hawk62cj5 2 Cheap 4 a KLR

Oddometer:
    I might have missed it but how much for just a cooler , Ive been thinking about adding a oil cooler to my sherpa for the summer .I really like the ruggedness of the billet design you have there .
  11. MrSandman818

MrSandman818 INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Oddometer:
    badass!
  12. roasterx

roasterx Leatherman Jedi

Oddometer:
    Are the 49 state kits ready?
  13. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a nice kit. Any info on how much cooler the oil will run with this setup?

On a side note, any good sources for the correct TW200 filters (four hole with for slots as seen here http://tw200forum.com/forums/43754/ShowPost.aspx)?
    My dealer had the incorrect filters.
  14. ThumperRob

ThumperRob n00b

Oddometer:
    If not, does anyone know if the tw200 kit would work?
  15. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    Due to some family health issues rather than piss people off with slow service and spotty communication I've decided to suspend sales temporarily.

Cooler sales will resume 10/1/13.

Thanks for your patience and interest in the adapters and kits.
  16. Hawk62cj5

Hawk62cj5 2 Cheap 4 a KLR

Oddometer:
    Hope all goes well.
  17. operose

operose Mama tried

Oddometer:

Hey Russ, have not had a chance to catch up with you lately. Sorry to hear about the health issues, hope all turns around for you and the family. I know you all have had other hard times in the recent past so this is even more sad for me to hear.

I almost have my TW back together again! I think it has been almost a year or something stupid like that... Keep your chin up bud
  18. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    You sir are the most tenacious and committed TW dude on earth. lol. Lemme know if you need stuff.

All good here, just too much travel and time away from home in dealing with that to properly deal with the cooler thing.

Be back at it shortly.
  19. operose

operose Mama tried

Oddometer:
    The other night I pimped your stuff to a local guy that ended up with an XT225, he got a nice bike on the used market, all setup with cycleracks front and back, good handguards, good skidplate, kolpin fuel pack with mount on cyclerack, acerbis cyclops headlight setup, blahblahblah.. What it really needs is a lizrdcooler ;)
  20. jontow

jontow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Or, optionally, I could take that terrible choice for a bike off his hands and haul it to the local trash heap (my garage). And then put a lizrdcooler on it and ride the crap out of it.

Good show!

Also, count me in as another satisfied lizrdcooler customer on a TW200 (CA bike). I've been running it for around 3000 miles, 50/50 pavement/nasty slow offroad. operose can attest to it.