Presenting my scooter

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by sintegua, Apr 5, 2013.

1. sintegua

sintegua Principiante

Oddometer:
    Hi! This is my scooter. It's based in a 150cc Chinese GY6 motor, manufactured by Lifan. I have it since 2004 (when new), and I have made some cosmetical changes to it.

This is how it started... it should be my wife's bike... she used it for less than a year, then she prefered to use the car.

[​IMG]

When she decided not to use it, I sold it to a friend. When I got back the motorcycle, 6 months later (due to some business) the motorcycle didn't have the plastic in good shape (all of them stretched with masking tape, o plastic straps), so I decided to take everything off:

[​IMG]

This is how it looked with everything of (I also rewired the bike completely, cause a big short circuit made a small fire on the harness, burning like 35% of it):

[​IMG]

With some ideas on the head (trying to emulate a Honda Ruckus), 1 can of yellow spry paint, and an camouflage fabric, it ended like this:

[​IMG]

The idea was nice, but I had 2 main problems: Using it on winter (raining season) was a mess, due to the fabric (it wasn't waterproof), and also without fenders... I ended eating some soil from the steets. The other problem was a bit more stategic... having all the internals exposed, it is a lot easier to repair, but... also to steal some pieces, so I decided to cover it again, but everything done in metal. So, almost 7 years later, this is how my scooter looks now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments welcome!
  2. maddiedog

maddiedog In dog we trust

Oddometer:
    That's quite a contraption! :lol3 Looks like you've had lots of fun with it over the years though. :D
  3. nevermind

nevermind know when to fold 'em, know when to run

Oddometer:
    Good job keeping her going! Most people just punt that stuff to the trash heap because they don't know which end of the nut to turn. :D
  4. bvardi

bvardi Probably not Deciduous

Oddometer:
    Evidently you're a troublemaker... because as far as I can see you've gone and created a Ruckus ;)

Nice! Has definite character
  5. sintegua

sintegua Principiante

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the nice comments. There's is no doubt I have a lot of fun with this bikes and others I have mess up jajajajajaja. I have also built a hardtail bobber.
  6. Domindart

Domindart Scoot'in on......

Oddometer:
    I like it. :rayof