9 Horses of Fury...A Zuma 125 on the Loose

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cbolling, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    Forward sloping is the worst! My Vstroms stock seat was the same. I've had good luck with sargent seats if you are thinking about going aftermarket. Corbins are nice but they weigh a ton and everyone of the 3 I've had have fit terribley.
  2. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    It seems that nearly all Suzukis have nut crusher seats.All my GS's have them.
  3. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    I think I'm up 9 bikes now since I first started riding at 21. The only stock seat I've ever been able to get more than an hour of comfort on is the Silver wings seat. It's got a good firmness to it but not hard like a corbin
  4. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    And I thought my six was a lot of bikes.I plan to redo my seats.I just gotta come up with the dough to buy the supplies.Corbins do seem a little stiff but not uncomfy.Of course,I'm a fat guy so I compress the stiffest foams.:lol3
  5. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    The worst part is I keep buying the same bikes! I'm on my second klr and my second Vstrom. It's been a process of figuring out what I want in a bike and what fits my lifestyle. I used to not own cars and just have bikes. Now my job requires me to tow a trailer everyday so I own a van. Pretty much the van stays parked all weekend and and most afternoons. Right now what I'd like is a bike that I can ride all day in comfort and bring all my gear. I've narrowed that bike down to a Goldwing. My plan is to sell the business and the van next spring and go back to just having a bike. Hopefully if all goes well that new bike will be a Goldwing. Also maybe a Small scooter depending on my commute... Shoot sorry bout the thread jack. Back to the fury of the zuna/versys.
  6. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
  7. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3

All six of my bikes are GS500E.I think it's in the water.
  8. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    That was the bike that got me into motorcycles. A friend and I went to go see a mountain bike race, it was a three hour train ride or we could take his 95 GS500. Man I was hooked after that. I got my license a year later.
  9. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    All the bikes I've road over the past 25 years,and I became hooked on the GS500E.Plenty of better bikes out there but it's just something about the simplicity and reliability of these bikes that keep me coming back.Except my daily rider,it's pissing me off lately with all it's gremlins.
  10. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    I owned a '95 Suzuki GS500E. Bought it back in around '97 as a scratch and dent model with a couple hundred miles on it. Didn't look like it had been dropped, just bumped into a few times. It was one of those bikes I wish I had never sold. The Suzuki GS400/425/450/500 were one of the most bulletproof engines ever made. I had previously owned an '80 GS450L, and just couldn't kill it. The E model was also a nice looking bike, unlike the wannabe GSXR F model.

As far as Corbin goes, they will never get another penny of my money. I put a Corbin on a 2001 KLR650, and it was so bad I sold it at a nearly $200 loss, and put the stock one back on. Very expensive lesson learned.
  11. jdgretz

jdgretz Looking for new places Supporter

Oddometer:
    Canoga Park - A great place to live work and shop
    Just found this thread and am slowly getting caught up.

As you can see from my sig, I too have a scooter along with other stuff(tm). I can't believe it's legal to have as much fun on two wheels as I have on Zippy. I love the Norge, but the Helix is just stupid fun. The giggle factor is off the scale. It's a shame there are not roads like you have in my area - at least not close by. I'd love to ride more on the scooter but it takes so long to get to the fun stuff (unless I'm chasing down sport bikes in the Santa Monica Mountains :D ).

Here's hoping the Zuma lives a long life with you.

jdg
  12. kiznile

kiznile Scooter Commuter

Oddometer:
    WOW, this looks like a lot of fun!

I'm not all the way through your thread yet, but I'm interested in doing this in Northern California. Any idea what this is "Called?" I've been "googling" around the area, but I cant seem to come up with any solid results.
  13. cbolling

Oddometer:
    You kind of lost me. What is what called? This thread? I would call it sort of a blog and a ride report combined.
  14. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Super nice weather today in South Carolina. I rode the Versys to work today but I think I will ride the Zuma for the rest of the week.
  15. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    CB

you are in a big dilemma... I like both of the bikes you have, and I think you should keep them both, of course if money is an issue (as it is for most) sell one.

That versys is looking better and better. I would like one also, and I will have to put it againts the DL650 of the new hondas CB500's. I know about the DL650 as the best for 2 up touring, but then again I think this year my wife has been on the KLR like 2 times! so I don't think I need a 2 up bike for the 2 times she get's on.... it would be nice. So this coming weekend I will go to the IMShow in Long Beach to see what are the new models for 2013!

Cheers amigo!

Damasovi
  16. cbolling

Oddometer:
    I am heading to the IMS show when it comes to Charlotte in February.
  17. kiznile

kiznile Scooter Commuter

Oddometer:
    The tag game :)
  18. jdgretz

jdgretz Looking for new places Supporter

Oddometer:
    Canoga Park - A great place to live work and shop
    I'll be there as well on both Saturday (with the wife) and Sunday (by myself). Our group is meeting at Rudy's around 8am for breakfast on Saturday. If you're in the area, stop in for breakfast or at least a cup of something and say Hi.

jdg
  19. cbolling

Oddometer:
    If there is one it would be in Regional Forums. I looked but didn't see one at all in California.

Looks like it is time for you to start one.:deal
  20. kiznile

kiznile Scooter Commuter

Oddometer:
    Good thinkin. :)