anyone in chester county, pennsylvania?

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Niedz, Feb 19, 2011.

1. LawrenceTheCat

LawrenceTheCat 3rd,Pinit,DumpdaClutch

Oddometer:
    Uh, sorry- didn't mean to scare everyone off with my outlaw national monument pic. I'm sorry, and could someone please bump with a dirt photo to help me thru the down-time of splitting my cases and pulling and replacing my third gear drive and driven cogs? It's been a rough DR-less two weeks! wahh:cry
  2. Niedz

Niedz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hows this? from a few weeks ago in the pine barrens.

[​IMG]
  3. Gundy

Gundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice action photo - you got any more from that day?
  4. LawrenceTheCat

Oddometer:
    Yessss! Thanks, I'll keep that pic in mind as the left side gets pulled today. Drove my car thru some Pine Barrens area the end of June, It was amazing- the towns in NJ acually are proud enough of their riding heros that you see their names on street signs! Like "Home of Such and Such, National Enduro Champion 2003" As if it was a respectable sport or something! Just try that around here....
  5. LawrenceTheCat

Oddometer:
    Nice way to say- lot's of power on tap!

Attached Files:

6. DAKRIDER

DAKRIDER Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All-Road motorcycle Training: www.xplor-int.com offers multi-day guided training adventure tours in North American and Europe. We provide beginner/advanced rider work-shop for large displacement adventure bikes (Like; Triumph Tiger 800XC, BMW R1200 GS, KTM 990 Adventure, Ducati Multistrada S1200, V-Strom DL650) . We also provide all-road riding training and group events at our Rider Training Center in Holland and US with trained and certified experienced instructors.

Experience the beautiful back roads of the western Pennsylvania on a guided three-day Adventure Ride. The tour begins at Poe Valley National Camp grounds, with a skills clinic preparing the riders for their challenging adventure ahead.

Over the course of three days, riders will explore parts of various National Forests in the area. The adventure will be a true dual sport ride continually moving from twisty paved roads to a combination of gravel, dirt and bedrock roads.

A support vehicle will transport luggage and provide any assistance necessary. Instructors will cover on and off road skills and pertinent topics in the clinic as well as at various points along the journey.

The Three Day Adventure Tour is for beginners. Riders need to be comfortable riding at the speed limit on public roads. A large portion of the Tour is off road. The primary off road surface will be packed gravel (forest service roads). There will be opportunities along the way for more skilled riders to challenge their abilities on a bit more aggressive terrain. Riders should be prepared to ride 150-250 miles a day on mixed surfaces.

Trainer: World renowned Dutch motorcycle instructors Bert Duursma
    Resume includes: Certified BMW Off-road instructor, 2010 till now, Manager for Frans Verhoeven on his Dakar Projects, Tourtech distributor Holland, BMW Motorcycle Dealer of The Netherlands.
    Date: April 6-8 2012
    Cost: $950.00
    What is included: Camping site, training, adventure detours.
    What should I bring: Motorcycle, right riding gear, tent and camp equipment.
    Class size is kept to a maximum of 12 students

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. antonac

antonac Commuter

Oddometer:
    Are you for real? Why would I pay a Dutch guy a thousand dollars to ride the speed limit on roads in my home turf and then pitch my own tent afterwards? And in Centre county no less... this is not exactly a destination - trust me, I ride the 200 miles to State College every other weekend to visit my girlfriend. I sure as hell don't do it for the local roads.

P.S. Maybe you should consider not shitposting your ad everywhere :csm
  8. rocketkidd777

rocketkidd777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    On the heels of that, I am going to post an ad. :evil I am selling my DR200SE. I live in Exton, PA right off of Rt. 100.

[​IMG]
  9. Gundy

Gundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yet another local Flea Market post (sorry, this seems to work a lot better than the general FM forum).

I have two bikes for sale and would like to sell one or both before moving on to another bike. Basically I just want something different and new-to-me, but I need to free up cash and garage space first or risk divorce. Both have been great bikes, with lots of extras, have been well maintained, and have many, many, many miles left in them. I have developed a bad habit of buying bikes, farkeling them, and selling them not long after. Fun, foolish, and a great deal for the buyer! Feel free to come by a take a look.

'06 DRZ400S

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716070

'09 KLR650

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709071
  10. tommu56

tommu56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am from the area and looking for rides in the area.

I'm just getting back in to riding after a 30 year vacation from riding.

I live in limerick work in east greenville

I also have a cabin up in north central pa and ride the tiadaughton state forest roads.
  11. solohvs

solohvs somewhere around the bend

Oddometer:
    OK guys. Let's get out of the house before the bad weather slows things down. I ride all year but the salt and the winter road dirt make me miserable.

I enjoy back roads around French Creek and Hawk Mountain. Dirt roads when I can.

I'm looking to partner up for a Halloween Ride to the Skyline Drive since I have a long weekend - taking Monday off.

Down on Saturday. Parkway on Sunday. Back on Monday. BMW f800gs.

Oh yea, I'm old too!

Brian
  12. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    Brian, what town to you live near?
    Is that your bike in the picture? Is it a 30th anniversary addition?

I can't go on your long trip, but am known to lead tours all over Lancaster county at times. I live near 340 and 10 which is Compass PA.

Next year you will have to come with us on some runs up to Potter/Clinton Co pa. There are more stone roads up there then around this area.
  13. TowPro

Oddometer:
    anybody going down to see this?

[​IMG]
  14. solohvs

Oddometer:
    Hey Towpro. Thanks for the reply!

I have a 2009 BMW f800g - the matt silver colour. Not exactly a dirt bike so I stick with modest graded surfaces. But I might try knobbies next year and see where that takes me. I'm in Mont Clare so it's just a few minutes to clear Phoenixville and be headed out RT 23 in your direction. I rode dirt bikes all over Uwchland Township in the 70's and now I go back for the great blacktop back roads.

Going to Virginia to get one more run down the Skyline Drive before it gets cold. But Bald Eagle and parts up north are good for me. My son is going to university in Selinsgrove - a good excuse to head up that direction.

Long distance? Nova Scotia last year and the Blue Ridge Parkway / Deals Gap this year. Anyone in for Trans Labrador next year before the pave the whole thing?

I try to ride every Sunday. Hint.

Brian in Mont Clare... Next to Valley Forge
  15. tommu56

tommu56 Long timer

Oddometer:

Were you headed tomorrow? I am just up the road in limerick. KLR650 and so far I am not busy.

tom
  16. solohvs

Oddometer:
    Hey Tom,

I may watch the MOTO GP from Phillip Island , Australia - LIVE 2:00am our time, or maybe the video when I wake up.

Looking at a 10:30 - 11:30 departure at any rate.

Headed EAST. I did Bloomsburg last weekend with all back roads.

I'll try for Lancaster County or... a bit south. I'm up for anything so long as I get some sleep before/after the race.
    Looks like Casey Stoner will be out front again!

Thanks for the reply.

Brian / solohvs@aol.com
  17. TowPro

Oddometer:
    I been promising my Nephew I would take him to the shooting range, looks like today is the day.
  18. tommu56

tommu56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My wife (on her TW200) and I (on my KLR650) went to to Allentown and then wound down to Pheonixville and back home 80 miles in all she need the bike time she only has 500 miles on her bike it was a good ride for her she is a little traffic shy and with all the traffic today she is getting better.

tom
  19. Gundy

Gundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone on here going down to Jersey to do the Hammer Run? Thinking of leaving the truck at home and just riding down there, and I will probably need to stick to slower roads with how my bike is set up....
  20. tommu56

tommu56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was hoping to go but my wife had plans made for that weekend the guys at RORR this weekend said it was a good ride!

tom