Show us your new Liquid Cooled BMW R12xxGS / GSA

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by AdvStrider, Mar 8, 2013.

1. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    ...to mine. Here is a video of my '14 1200 GSA in action

Great video, Laboy! I, for one, would like to see you do a ride report!!

Mike
  2. 12bnkd

12bnkd UP for any Adventure

Oddometer:
    Oh so jealous, great video :clap

Out of curiosity, part of the video you show you shoving the bike down, what was that showing? Were you mad at the bike matter the situation trying to show the bike can't take damage?
  3. schlim66

schlim66 Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    +1, inquiring minds want to know!

Schlim66
  4. IB1

IB1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pictures aren't showing here.
  5. IB1

IB1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Update:

Still needs farkles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Intensemojo

Intensemojo Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. TIGERRIDER007

TIGERRIDER007 North GA RAT

Oddometer:
    +2...a slip perhaps....
  8. Intensemojo

Intensemojo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A little off topic but my wife hooked me up for my b-day a couple days early. Matches my new blue GSA pretty nicely. Now I just need the weather to get above freezing. Digging the combo a lot.

:ricky

Attached Files:

9. fjmitchell

fjmitchell TRUTA!

Oddometer:
    Super excited to pick this up last week, now shipped to Europe for a few months of summer riding! For initial farkles added the ALTRider skid plate and crash bar combo, Touratech GPS Mount, Wolfman tank bag, ALTRider Radiator guards and the MoTech light protector. Just need to get my luggage put on (will have to wait till Europe).

Bought the bike from Hap's Cycles in Sarasota, don't live there (live in Philadelphia), but shipping out of Orlando using Knopf tours, so found a local BMW dealer and the right bike. Can't say enough good things about Hap's and my experience with those guys. From the salesman to the service guys, and the help on the back end working with BMW to allow me to ship the bike internationally.

Now I'm just counting the days till I get over to Europe in May, watch some champions league, eat some iberico ham, and drink some italian wine and german beer!:freaky

Cheers,

Fran

Attached Files:

10. Mike M

Mike M Long-timer... Supporter

Oddometer:
    My Akrapovic header after Jet-Hot ceramic coating with satin black. Should look pretty good on the white GSA with black drivetrain. They coat the inside and out then apply the black to the outside only.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    griffsred likes this.
  11. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dang, those headers are purdy! Be sure and post up the final results.

Mike
  12. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ooh, I like that. Are you getting the black Akra silencer as well? Mine arrived today.
  13. Mike M

Mike M Long-timer... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rich, I went with the Titanium Akra HP can (I liked the way it looked on your bike!). Thought about the black but went with the Ti.
  14. Nashfast

Nashfast 101st AB Sniper RVN

Oddometer:
    Jeff,
    Great picture of somewhere in So. Cal
    I have the same Altrider skid plate and love it.
    I have some other farkles that you may want to add also.
    PM sent.
  15. Roadscum

Roadscum Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tell me how Hap's worked "with BMW to allow me to ship the bike internationally"?

I've shipped two BMW's to Europe in the past 6 years (using Stefan Knopf and I store a bike with him) without dealer intervention or approval from BMW. Last year it was a F800GT that I bought new from Hap's. Their Master BMW tech. installed a BMW LED taillight on that bike but was not able to figure out how too remap the ECU! They told me he was "really good on old bikes". :lol3

I live just a few miles from Hap's but now do business at Gulf Coast Motorcycles in Ft. Myers. There's many reasons for that, way too numerous for this thread.

I plan to spend 6-8 weeks again this summer playing in the Alps and on the Croatian coast. If ya see a F800GT with the Florida tag "EATN PIE", say hello and we'll share a few beers.

Paul
  16. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not 100% on the black can, as it arrived with some scratches, so they are going to replace it. I asked how durable the finish is, and they said very, but if it can scratch like that before I've even fitted it, I'm not so sure. Will see what the replacement looks like.
  17. fjmitchell

fjmitchell TRUTA!

Oddometer:
    Basically since I am financing it through BMW they were somewhat reluctant to allow me to ship the bike internationally. I know this is something they routinely do for military, but I don't think it is as routine for everyone else. They reached out to their BMW rep, and I had to jump through some hoops to show that I'm not going to run off with the bike :evil. It was a whole lot of emails back and forth, and providing docs, etc. Again, felt like they really went out of their way to ensure after I bought the bike I'd be able to transport it internationally (that BMW would provide the documents I need to ship it, etc.). I think recently BMW has changed their policy on this, becoming more stringent. Did you have the clean title in hand for your bikes? Obviously I won't for another few years since I'm not going to be repaying a loan with a three handle early :D. Dealing with Stefan has been good as well, looking forward to getting over there. If I do see you, I will flag you down, and yes, deff grab some beers!
  18. Roadscum

Roadscum Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the explanation. I never gave thought to the obstacles of shipping a bike W/O a clear title.

YES, I had a clear title on both bike I shipped to Heidelberg.

Stefan is a great guy, easy to due business with, and a gift to the motorcycle community.

Paul
  19. 2on2off

2on2off Head'n somewhere new

Oddometer:
    The locks finally came in for my OEM aluminum panniers and I was surprised to learn that the OEM interior bags are very tall dry bags. I have used interior bags on my past GSA's that were from Cee Baily. Very easy to get into while on a ride.

I don't need dry bags so I'd like to know what all of you are using. Seems like RKA might be the only interior bags available that are not dry bags. Post your pics of the interior bags you like.

Thanks.
  20. Jafix

Jafix Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Haven't picked up bag liners yet, though I do like how the RKA bags look... that might be a winner for me.

I used Kathy's Journey Design bags on my old GS and they did the job. as well.