Major Apology

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Major, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Major

Major Major Catastrophe

Oddometer:
    Gidday all,

I am Grant Major. I have been here in the past.......a while ago......and am somewhere near getting clear of some crap that has been happening in my life over the last 5 years.

There is a thread in here somewhere with all of the gory details of my humiliation after I dudded some fellow inmates who trusted me. I lied about returning their money and made excuses and generally evaded people etc.

I wont go into further details as to why and what I have been doing since 2009 but suffice to say it was an extremely dark period in my life that I would prefer to leave behind.

Anyway, I am now in some sort of position to try and redeem myself. Albeit slowly, my intention is to pay each and everyone back. With this in mind could each of the inmates concerned send me their details via PM so I can try organise. As I sad earlier it will take some time but I made a promise to myself that i would fix things and I intend to keep that promise.

I hope you are all well.

Sincerely.

Major
  2. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Some of those effected inmates aren't as active here as they once were.

You may not hear from all of them.
  3. Russ

Russ Путин - военный преступник

Oddometer:
    You could try PM ing them.
  4. Major

Major Major Catastrophe

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys ....Will do
  5. philth

philth www.motorbikin.com.au

Oddometer:
    I remember you mate.
    I think there was a thread about people bitching about cows on the road and I made a comment asking folk
    "Do they realize how hard it is to keep a strong minded cow on the right side of the fence?"
    and you replied
    "Yes, my wife just left me for another woman"
    or was that another major
  6. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think I sent you $20 or $30 dollars for seafood you promised to bring to a get together. Only time I have ever been ripped off by an inmate.

I met you once at the winter rally. I have photos.

Grant ...life is too short to hold grudges. I'm forgive and forget. $25.00 in 2009 money is a slab in todays. :freaky

Fix it and all is good.
  7. DR Ozzy

DR Ozzy Suzuki scum

Oddometer:
    Are you the guy that advertised ... "send me $25 and I'll show you how to cut your electricity bill in half" ... then sent me a pair of scissors :bash
  8. Ockrocket

Ockrocket Long timer

Oddometer:
    Major, I suspect the "Black Dog" has had a good grip on your life after the collapse of your relationship [been there, done that... my now ex. and our former boss doing things behind my back- life moves on, the lady in my life now and I just got married in May. Your life will move forward too].

Good on you for trying to atone for your misdemeanour's, some will forgive and forget, some will understand and let restitution slide, some will want compensation.... each to their own needs in whatever makes it right for them.

If you need an ear send me a PM and I will give you my phone number, if you are in the Sydney area we might even be able to catch up for coffee.

Cheers,
    Steve
  9. GagsD2

GagsD2 ...Are we there yet?

Oddometer:
    A strong first move, Major, and one I'm sure that was difficult to do. Probably not all those affected will be so forgiving but don't let that take you down. Kick that 'dog' to the kerb and move on with life. I am not one who had dealings with you but can surely relate to a visit to the dark places. Welcome back!
  10. OldDog

OldDog non impediti ratione cogitationis

Oddometer:
    Wow, Grant good to see you back mate! You owe me nothing but if we get a chance to catch up for a ride I'm more than happy to get you drunk again and sit back and laugh while you wrestle with your bivvy. That night down at Limeburners when me and Andrew2 met up with you, Fish and Danno was an all time classic ADVrider fiasco I'll never forget :freaky- http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198642&highlight=limeburners

You made a grand entrance that day, I remember watching you come barreling out of the scrub straight at us and saying to A2, "Gees I hope he can use the brakes as well as he's using that throttle!" and from memory the next day you could barely get on the bike:lol3.

You still got that place at Hargraves? I say that as I'm just up the road at Mudgee these days.

Great to see you back man,

Cheers

Bill
  11. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Grant,long time no see! I'll never forget the good deed you did for me at Taralga when the 1150 shit itself after the Yerranderie weekend:deal Look after yourself
    Still riding bikes?:ear
    All the best,Dave
  12. Pezz_gs

Pezz_gs Cant ride for crap

Oddometer:
    G'day Grant

Glad you are on the up Mate :thumb

Good on you for fronting up again.

Be good to catch up for a coffee and a chat

Pezz :)
  13. Major

Major Major Catastrophe

Oddometer:
    Gidday guys......yeah I'm on the up I hope.....trying anyway.

I plan to get all of this sorted in time, and it is going to take some time.

Bill, I don't have the place at Hargraves any longer as I lost everything mate. Including friends, and employment and health.

But, as I'm only just finding out -

"The most important things in life aren't THINGS"

I totally understand that some will harbour a grudge forever and I will cop that on the chin. I'm not going to hide, hence me asking for the reinstating of my original account here.

I have just borrowed some money off my dear Mother and bought a bike as I needed an interest. I loved being part of this fantastic forum and indeed the friendships which were dear to me. I hope that I can once again be involved.

I was going to travel down to the Alpine Rally but I am unsure as to whether I will make it or not. I will make a decision tomorrow.

Any way, enough of my ramblings.......onwards and upwards.

To all those that have offered support......Thanks so much. It really is sincerely appreciated. You know who you are.

Cheers,

Grant Major
  14. TouringDave

TouringDave Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer:
    It's a big man who will stand up and admit his mistakes and, more importantly, take responsibility for them.

A rare quality these days, well done.
  15. OldDog

OldDog non impediti ratione cogitationis

Oddometer:
    Well, I reckon all your old ADV friends are still here for you mate. If you're coming through Mudgee let me know and we'll throw a few beers down.....you're not still drinking that horrible cask red wine are ya?

Cheers
  16. Major

Major Major Catastrophe

Oddometer:
    Bloody cask red..........got me a good one that weekend lol3:lol3:lol3

I will definitely give you a yell next time I'm in Mudgee OldDog.....I enjoy Goulburn River National Park mate......Have spent a lot of time out there alone......contemplating life and all its vagaries.......lol Lovely spot. May even make a trip up there soon.

Again, let me thank all you guys for the support and kind words. Overwhelming to be honest.

Cheers,

Major
  17. thecanoeguy

thecanoeguy just a yobbo from oz

Oddometer:
    i had one inmate never paid me for a sleeping bag , can't rember who it was , do you have a nice sleeping bag
  18. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    I admire your courage Major. It can't have been easy to come back and face the past, but credit to you for having a crack eh.

Whatever happens in your life, remember there's always someone worse off than you are, it helps put things in perspective.
  19. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:

I paid you for what I purchased, but I do remember thinking at the time, you are pretty casual about things.

:lol3
  20. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bring beer and all is forgiven:clap