Pics of all you guys who visited Mike at Casa Blanca in Cali, Colombia

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by kaiserkyhl, Dec 8, 2008.

1. kaiserkyhl

kaiserkyhl The journey is the reward!

Oddometer:
    Here's a collection of photos of most of you guys that have visited Casa Blanca Hostel since we opened August 1st 2008. If you got more pictures feel free to add to the thread. You can also see even more pictures on our "Bikers Wall of Fame" on Facebook or subscribe to and watch Mike's video diary on YouTube.
    Keep on ridin' in the free world!

Casa Blanca Hostel, Ave 6 bis, Calle 26N, #57, Cali, Colombia
    Tel. (2) 396 38 49 / (2) 668 9986 / Mike Cell 314 652 39 76:
    <iframe marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=113090483674574095961.00046761684d3593a4c3a&ll=3.469986,-76.529689&spn=0.014993,0.018239&z=15&output=embed" frameborder="0" height="350" scrolling="no" width="425"></iframe>
    <small>View My Saved Places in a larger map</small>

Here are the Danish/Colombian owners Mike & Diana & little Laura:
    [​IMG]

ATTN: DIANA, THE TWO GIRLS AND I HAVE MOVED TO MEDELLIN APRIL 2012 TO START A BRANCH OF OUR MOTORCYCLE TOUR AND RENTAL BUSINESS - MOTOLOMBIA AND WILL NOT BE AT THE HOSTEL ON A DAILY BASIS. DIANA'S SISTER LEIDY WILL BE ADMINISTRATING THE HOSTEL LIKE SHE HAS BEEN DOING THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS. SO NOTHING CHANGES. MIKE WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE ON EMAIL OR PHONE FOR ANY HELP YOU MIGHT NEED IN CALI.

WHILE WE WILL NOT BE OPENING A HOSTEL IN MEDELLIN, WE WILL OPEN OUR PRIVATE HOME TO THE BIKER COMMUNITY. WE HAVE TWO GUEST ROOMS AND SPACE TO PUT UP A TENT OR TWO IN OUR GARDEN. PRICE IS 50.000 PESOS PER PERSON/DAY AND YOU'RE FREE TO USE THE HOUSE LIKE YOUR OWN. COOK YOUR FOOD IN YOUR KITCHEN, RELAX ON THE PATIO WITH GRILL AND HAMMOCK, WORK ON YOUR BIKE IN MIKE'S 5-CAR GARAGE WORK-SHOP AND USE THE TOOLS AVAILABLE.

SO IF YOU'RE LOOKING AT A MORE SUBURBAN QUIET AND RELAXING TIME IN MEDELLIN FEEL FREE TO DROP US A PM!!!

And here's a bunch of our biker guests:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. kaiserkyhl

Oddometer:
    And more ADV RIDERS at Casa Blanca Hostel and 2 blocks from the hostel is Asturias - one of the best bike mechanics in Colombia:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Great picture of me there. I recognize about 6 of the other guys.
  4. Farioli

Farioli "just do it" Supporter

Oddometer:
    Does Asturias belong to Paco Con?

Thanks
  5. ColombiaGS

ColombiaGS Two-up in Colombia!

Oddometer:
    Great pics Mike! Good to see such an influx of bikers in less than one year! Hoping to network with you so that all the riders continue to choose the best places to stop in each of the cities on our route! By the way, will be heading down to see you in the first part of '09!
  6. kaiserkyhl

Oddometer:
  7. kaiserkyhl

Oddometer:
    Hi Buddy

You're welcome, hope you figured out a good solution for the bike shipment. I have now started the process of suing this other shipping guy...

It would be great with a biker lodging network for Colombia. People always ask about other cities and where to go!
  8. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    We stayed at Casa Kiwi in Medellin, I would gladly recommend any alternative to that place :puke1. Loud all night long and only quiet in the mornings because all the degenerates sleep until 2 pm.
  9. ColombiaGS

Oddometer:
    Thanks man... Yes, I will be bringing the bike down on the 29th.

I am getting it crated at BMW of Miami with an original crate and all packing done for $200 - just have to show up, sit back, and watch.

The shipping will run me $1043.00 to the penny through JJ Logistics. For 3 months I have shopped around and have just not found anyone more reliable, friendly and knowledgeable than these guys. They were successful sending all my belingings here two years ago, and I anticipate the same this time with my GS.

Good for you on the lawsuit - hit him for mental damage and interest which out to hit his pockets even more haha...

As for the network, I think we could put something nice together. I know there are other hostel owners that ride, but I really have a particular niche with my two places and look forward to them being a little better and different for the average biker.

Mery and I look forward to checking out your place soon! Leave the light on!
  10. ColombiaGS

Oddometer:
    I would never speak bad about any other place, as each have their own quirks. But yes - Kiwi and Black Sheep are both known to be the "party spots" and are not good choices if you are looking for organization, cleanliness and peace-and-quiet.

Our ApartaHostel will be just off the highway in the southern part of the city, relatively close to everything but not in Poblado wheer the prices are too high. It is a top story (5th floor) duplex penthouse in a small new building and will offer the comfort and tranquility of a private apartment but in a "hostel" setting. We think it will be come a popular option to the norm here and expect that our 5-person maximum will fill up quickly.

See it at www.apartahostelkatthias.com, however pics coming soon as the building is in the final stages of completion.

Bikers ALWAYS welcome - I'll bend over backwards for anyone who shows up on two wheels.

PS... Kaiser, sorry buddy, not trying to jack your thread. You might be surprised in how many places I regularly recommend your hostel both online and in person. Just responding to some posts...
  11. kaiserkyhl

Oddometer:
    Hi Buddy
    I don't believe there such a thing as somebodies thread ;-)
    Feel free to post whatever info you find fit anywhere!
    Looking forward to meeting you and I will be rolling up on two to Medellin as soon as my new family life permits it!
  12. ColombiaGS

Oddometer:
    Perfect...although I might beat you with a trip to Cali. Oh how I miss those Calenas!
  13. kaiserkyhl

Oddometer:
    Enrique from Texas hit 435.000 km on his ยด95 GS1100 coming in to Cali. Congrats dude - well done ;-)
    [​IMG]
    And the proff ,-
    [​IMG]
  14. kaiserkyhl

Oddometer:
    A gringo couple:D:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some Aussies in a hurry:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Hank

Hank Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike,

thanks for the photo, it was great staying at your place, very clean and great price, your location was a real plus....

I just ran into the two Aussies two days ago, your right, they were in a hurry,

Hank (enrique)
  16. ColombiaGS

Oddometer:
    Look at that big, ugly, orange KTM! hahah

Just kidding guys, glad to see that you made it safely to Cali and got to meet Mike!

:evil
  17. kaiserkyhl

Oddometer:
    Latest visitors:

Fritz and son on route to the buttom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brad and gilrfriend:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Popeye, who works at Harley in Miami came by:
    [​IMG]

I know this is not a bike, but I'm sure the adventure from buttom to top is about the same in this:
    [​IMG]
  18. ColombiaGS

Oddometer:
    Great pics Mike...nice to finally meet you in person!

And to clear the air, I don't abuse my girlfriend no matter what that photo looks like!
  19. kaiserkyhl

Oddometer:
    Here are some pics of Cruthas doing maintenance at Casa Blanca after a Pacific crossing:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Chilean/Canadian couple making their way all the way down:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. cruthas

cruthas AdvMotorcyclist Counselor

Oddometer:
    Yup, more motorcycle maintenance, the full stuff, the stuff that makes the road worth while. Thanks to Mike, I was able to change my time!