Calling Calgary - Storing 2 x 690 KTM's (Heeeelp!!)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Pheebs, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Pheebs

Pheebs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys and girls

Sam and I are in a bit of a pickle to say the least whilst on our Charity RTW trip (www.facebook.com/chasinghorizons). With my bike having a borked engine we've had to hire a van to bring them from Whitehorse down to Calgary where we have a friend mechanic who can take a look at the bikes for us... it was our only option as to remain in whitehorse to fix it would have taken weeks and mega bucks... plus weather isn't on our side!

Sadly, we were conned on two services we had coming in to the USA prior (lost out on around $2000... still fighting to get it back) meaning monies wise we are really up the swanny.

Now with the engine, we are having to return to the UK to be able to raise monies to continue our trip in 8-9months time. This means we will have to leave our bikes in Calgary for this duration :(

Does anyone know of anywhere or anyone who may be willing to store our bikes in a safe dry garage/area for this length of time? Right now we are properly broke but could always pay someone some monies on our return (and trust us... we're returning! No chance of leaving our babies behind forever!) Unfortunately right now we're bust so have no monies we could put down :/

We're a day away from Calgary... hoping someone might be able to help us out over the weekend. Short notice, but we didn't realise flights back to the UK doubled by mid next week, plus to top things off some family are having important hospital scans and results on Wednesday so we're eager to be there for them for the results which we only found out about today.

Ugh.. such a pickle :( Stressful way to end the first part of the trip to say the least!

Any help would be so so appreciated.

Thanks all x

Email: clare@chasinghorizons.co.uk
    Email: sam@chasinghorizons.co.uk
    Telephone: (UK number) +44 7545424569
  2. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    Pm sent.
  3. offworlder

offworlder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I realize yer headed to cowtown (Calgary), but I could arrange for storage in Vancouver (which is closer to Whitehorse), if that helps.
  4. 4B1T

4B1T Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PM sent. A spot for you in Okotoks if all else fails.
  5. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Kloshe Nanitch.
  6. windquest

windquest Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM sent. Let me know if your still looking.

Jason