Time for something new, jobs, whose gottem and what are they.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Natnewt, Jul 20, 2009.

1. XLent

XLent n00b

Oddometer:
    Mechanical Designer, became unemployed late Feb., made $ by repairing/rebuilding some old bikes/landscaping for cash (didn't take long to figure out that I'm too old to dig out tree stumps:huh) did some light factory work but the repetition was killing my mind. Just landed a gig in Sludgebury, ON.

Will be bouncing back and forth between Cambridge and Sudbury if you see a red EX500 in-between there say Hello! :D
  2. BringSparesAlong

BringSparesAlong Pist N Broke

Oddometer:
    Started in the car busissness, then spent 14 years in the forest industry. As of Aug 1st, I'm now the owner of my own company, Firstplace Detail and Performance. :clap I'm working 10 hrs a day and couldn't be happier.

BSA
  3. Wreckluse

Wreckluse Will work for beer

Oddometer:
    Well if you work on cars, buses, gravel trucks, tanks, etc, you probably use a lift to get them up in the air. I'm the guy who sells, installs, services and inspects your Rotary lifts, anything from 7,000 lb to 100,000 lb capacity. Mostly install the heavy duty stuff, 30,000 lbs and up, because of the $. Work all over Western Canada, but mostly in southern AB.
  4. H e a d N o r t h

H e a d N o r t h (take the high road)

Oddometer:
    Architect (not IT; buildings)
    Lot's of variety.
    Today, for example: a bandstand and washrooms in a park; a cool home near the water; a hospital renovation; and ongoing school renovations. Different pile tomorrow.

And my first bike was a Honda TL125
  5. DocW

DocW Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not that I'm counting at all, but in a couple of months I'll be a Doctor.

Not that it's a big deal though - just a very small fish in a giant lake again, years of training to go before I can have anything to hang my hat on.

Still, interesting mix of people on this forum. So good having all these perspectives, and disagreements seem to be handled very well. Epic!
  6. MinorAbrasion

MinorAbrasion Muddy When Wet

Oddometer:
    I am a sales rep for a rather large biotechnology company. We research, make, market and sell medications in a few different areas. I am involved in our cancer division. The drugs we make either treat cancer or are used to keep a patient's blood counts high enough that they can get their chemo and prevent them from getting an infection and having to be admitted to hospital. So, if you have family going through chemo, chances are they may benefit from one of our products. They are expensive but there are ways to get them. Feel free to PM for further info.
  7. storch

storch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I run a small sailloft on Vancouver Island with my wife.Hitech with computer controlled laser cutting table.
  8. Motojournalism

Motojournalism motojournalism.com

Oddometer:
    I make sh*t look cool for a living. :D
    (photography and graphic design)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. LacRouge

LacRouge Adventurer

Oddometer:
    dirty, greasy, heavy equipment mechanic

work all day in a shop with no windows, 6000ft underground.
  10. Motojournalism

Motojournalism motojournalism.com

Oddometer:
    I think skibum69 wins the cool job competition :eek1

[​IMG]
  11. TruSound

TruSound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hang out with Snoop Dogg all day, when he's to stoned to throw up the Westside sign I do it for him.
    [​IMG]
  12. Natnewt

Natnewt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    fo shizzle :D
  13. TruSound

Oddometer:
    My nizzle
  14. Mimic

Mimic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Freelance advertising creative. 24 years in agencies, 5 as a hired gun. Every account you can think of. Most relevant? Tim Hortons - 6 years of their ads and everything you see in the store. Don't blame me for the stuff over the last five years though :augie Art direction mostly, but I've been accused of writing the odd script or two.
  15. alphajory

alphajory Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. TruSound

Oddometer:
    Here's another one just for fun...
    [​IMG]
  17. David_Moen

David_Moen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Floe,

Based on your avatar pic, I bet you work in the plant in Creston that I toured last Friday right? You got some mighty big beer cans in the building there! Cute tour chick knew lots about the fancy machines but not alot about the ingredients or how the process influences the flavour of the product though. I shoulda looked you up! It was a nice break in the day after a very warm ride down from the ferry, the chilly ale at the end of the tour went down real nice!

18. Hockeygod

Hockeygod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I teach hockey skills and tactics in both the public and separate school boards ("Sports Performance"). This year I have a Grade 7 and a Grade 9 class where I help teach in a Hockey Canada Skills Academy. I also run another class (my own private Skills Academy) in Cochrane for Grades 9-12. Last year I had 21 International students and 9 local boys. We had several countries represented: Canada, USA, Switzerland, Italy, Latvia, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Austria. I meet my newest group in mid-September.

I have coached minor hockey, junior, college, university and Team Canada Men. Loved it, but after 20 years, the travel took it's toll. We are starting a family now (a bit later in life than most) and this is a way to stay involved without all the travel! :lol3

Might return to coaching a team once the kid(s) get a bit older... but I must admit, I am enjoying the teaching thing! Plus it has allowed me to get back into motorcycling - my #1 passion - that I had to suppress for 20 years!!!!!!!! :clap
  19. goswiftly

goswiftly Got tubes?

Oddometer:
    I'm a plumber, and G.1 gas fitter, boiler mechanic, by trade. Currently serving a life sentence with the third largest school board in Canada. Hey, it pays the bills... I'd rather be riding though!!!!:lol3
  20. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got my degree as an Electrical Engineer, then became a hired-gun software consultant back in 1986. Currently I specialize in updating legacy Progress ABL systems, business process design, and other business-related IT architecture & implementation work.

I also dabble in photography, with most of my work being in landscapes with the odd portrait here and there.

Past rides included a CB550, CB750, Yamaha Venture Royale, and currently ride a 2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate all over North America.