ADV Rider style shop in East TN

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Minimike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Minimike

Minimike Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hi fellow ADV Riders!

My wife & I have opened a small gear shop in Tellico Plains, TN just off the Cherohala Skyway, and about 45 minutes from Deals Gap / 129 “the Dragon”. The shop is on the town square in Tellico Plains.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the few weeks that we have been open, we are now the largest Olympia Moto Sport dealer in TN. We carry women’s & men’s jackets and pants.

[​IMG]

We have Wolfman Luggage

[​IMG]

Marsee luggage, Tech Mounts, and Powerlets

[​IMG]

ADV Rider Shirts (purchased from Ink, Inc – the ADV Rider vendor, so ADVRider.com gets their $ support)

[​IMG]

ADV Rider decals (purchased from Gadget Boy – the ADV Rider vendor, so ADVRider.com gets their $ support)

[​IMG]

Here's the pig I shot in 1988 8-miles up Rafter RD. I rode my Blue & White R100GS up from Orlando to go pig hunting with a friend of mine. I've been coming up to the area ever since. When my wife suggested we move here & open our own shop I was estatic!

[​IMG]

We are also sponsoring the ADV Rider 2nd Annual Airhead Rally in Tellico Plains that is being held on Oct 12th-14th and the KLR650 Tour de Tellico in the Spring! The shop is donating 5 door prizes, 15% off coupons for all the attendees, and we're making a beer run for the rally!

[​IMG]

Also this Spring, the shop will be conducting monthly shop ADV rides into the Cherokee National Forest and the surrounding area! The rides will be posted on the ADV Regional board, as well as our web site.

Sorry folks, we don’t do mail order. Currently we’re too small. Maybe we can next year. You can see our website at www.tellicomoto.com

If you ride in & make a purchase, I will ship your old gear home for FREE!

Our thanks to ADVRider.com for the site & the opportunity to post on the vendor forum! We’ll bring the a load of beer for the Airhead Rally in a couple weeks to show our appreciation!

Mike & Cherie Dozier
    Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters

2. Kainic

Kainic Almost there

Oddometer:
    Looks good. Good luck with your business.
  3. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Wow!! What a beautiful store and merchandise!! I'd blow some serious dough on your Olympica gear! Glad to see the decals arrived quickly. Be sure to stick one on your front door to fly the ADV flag!! :thumb

When I'm down there again, I'll have to come and visit!! I hope many inmates stop by to say hello and try on some cool new gear.
  4. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    Very cool. Thanks for supporting ADV, I hope you reap the rewards in return. :thumb

Want to open a NH branch? :D
  5. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Cool, I'll try to pop in there next week when I'm down there.:thumb
  6. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    Hello from the GWN,

As vendor on this site just wanted to wish all the best on your new venture.

Take Care,
    Rick
  7. Behindbars

Behindbars Let's Ride

Oddometer:
    Cool store. We will definitely stop by. Do ya'll have a set hours of business?
  8. Minimike

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the positve comments! The shop is currently open Tuesday thru Saturday 9am to 5pm, and Sundays 10am to 4pm.

That being said, I've been open as late as 9pm, and have opened up on Mondays. Tellico's a very small town & every one knows me as "the guy with the bike shop". So when a rider needs something it's not unusual for a local to point me out across a parking lot.

I've also closed early on very slow days to go ride with customers! I love this town and all the cool roads around here! It's so rare for me to drive the car that I often can't remember where the keys to it are! Even on the days I drive in, there's a bike & gear at the shop waiting!
  9. daimmel

daimmel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    very cool Hope it works out well for you!!
  10. Groomez

Groomez Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey I'll have to head up there on a weekend sometime! Good lookin' shop :thumb
  11. GapRunr

GapRunr Well Known Hermit

Oddometer:

Nice shop, but you might want to update your location info. Even if I was guaranteed I would be able to keep my license and not get a ticket, I could never make it from Deals Gap to your shop in 45 minutes. It's a distance of 65 miles if you cut through Joyce Kilmer. On a good day, with little traffic, and a decent radar detector you might be able to make it in an hour and 15 minutes, but that would put you at risk of losing your license. Most people need closer to two hours to make it from the Gap to Tellico Plains.
  12. beemerinwyo

beemerinwyo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :cry :cry :cry

I wanna go to Tellico now! I've never been to TN, but when I do, I know where one of my "definite" stops will be....

Good luck, I too hope you reap many rewards on your new venture!

:clap

Are you sure you don't want to move to Wyoming? Right next to Yellowstone!!:deal
  13. Minimike

Oddometer:
    The fastest route for me is to go up 360, right on 411, right on 72, and then right on 129. It takes me about 15 minutes to get up to 411; and, then about 40 minutes to get to the Western side of the Dragon. I usually go at my "maximum safe top speed", pass a few cruisers or tourers, & get passed myself by the race replica riders.

Going around the Eastern route is definately longer and slower. There are fewer passing zones, more LEO's(NC side of the Skyway), and slower moving traffic. You can't be in a rush on this route. You have to be in the relaxed, see the sites mode. I made the mistake of taking this route last week for my meeting with Ink, Inc for the ADV t-shirts. Needless to say, I was late for the meeting. :lol3
  14. Tbone

Tbone off-ramp slayer

Oddometer:
    I'll make sure to stop by next time I'm up . Looks great !
  15. NaDSoB

NaDSoB The garage is full.

Oddometer:
    WOW! What a great looking place! I'll definitely be stopping in whenever I'm in the area. What lines of boots do you carry? I've been looking to try on some Gaerne "Balance" boots, but haven't been able to find a store stocking them.
    Thanks for supporting ADVRIDER, and I wish you much success and happiness!

Rob
  16. Zrexrob

Zrexrob Back in the South...yep!

Oddometer:
    Nice looking place, i'll stop in next time im in the area!! Good Luck too!!!
  17. hcope1

hcope1 GS Convert

Oddometer:
    :wave Great idea and great looking shop. I'll see you in 8 days.:thumb
  18. NaDSoB

NaDSoB The garage is full.

Oddometer:
    How about posting the GPS coordinates for your shop here and on your web site?

:norton

Thanx!
  19. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    If you can take and ship an on-site sale, why not an Internet sale?
    I really need a pair of grand-opening sale-priced Olympia Ranger 2 size 30 overpants ... darn.

Followup: He took my order via telephone. Free shipping direct from Olympia. Good experience.
  20. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Great shop. I sure wish you had a Texas location, too. Good luck.