Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    That didn't take long:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hmvJOyrHydA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/18/ps4-bricked_n_4296042.html
  2. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    One would think with that much lead time that they wouldn't have skipped the QA grognards in the basement. :lol3
  3. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    Not only that they put this ad out earlier this year:

[​IMG]

Doh!
  4. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    Looks like PS4 should have been 720P :lol3

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-call-of-duty-offers-better-framerate-than-ps4-1463163114
  5. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    Also the Wii U surprised me a bit, I watched a video of AC Black Flag on 360, PS3/4, & Wii U and they really are starting to understand that system. The graphics were almost like the middle ground between the 2 generations. Now if Nintendo can cut the price to 250/200 it might have a chance like the Gamecube. What they need more than anything are console sales so companies will make games for it, Nintendo has some great IP but if it doesn't have BF/COD/Sports games it just wont make it beyond a niche market.

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/14/assassins-creed-4-graphics-comparison-ps4-ps3-xbox-360-wii-u" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  6. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    And XB1 has bad disc drives..... this new generation rocks :clap
  7. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    After my PS3 issues, this is why I didn't run out and buy a PS4 :lol3

Sony did fix the one I use now under warranty, but I still have another dead one at home that freezes when you power it up.
    At least the broken first gen (bad Blu ray drive) that I have still makes a handy Netflix box.
  8. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    My hardcore gaming buddy at work bought both on their release day. He text me last night asking if I was interested in the ps4, he's decided to go with just the Xbox this generation. The newest playstation we have is the 2 someone gave my boy years ago, not interested in going any further with Sony.
    I'm still debating if we'll get the xbox since I built two gaming computers this year. I'll wait till after Christmas to decide.
  9. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    On the front lines, battling a global pandemic.
    Well my NVIDIA GTX760 vid card arrived, installed and updated video drivers no problem.

Needless to say coming from a GTX 250 this thing fucking smokes. What eye candy.

Problem is that it's reading my 24" Dell LCD as an analog monitor. This is making my Chrome settings default to 1280x900 or somesuch. Everything else is maxed...games, etc.

I tried updating the drivers for the monitor but its outdated and not avail.

Ideas?

To clarify, the problem is with chrome, surfing the web, etc. My GeForce Experience screen says 1280x800, (and can't be changed) but my display in control panel and even in the NVIDIA control panel says 1920x1200 (native) x60Hz

Seems the only thing effected is the web. All games play in 1920x1200.
  10. UnderNewOwnership

UnderNewOwnership Thread Slayer

Oddometer:
    Digital Foundry used their frame pacing tool and discovered the judder problems on PS4 were caused by Ghosts code running above 60 fps (while output is limited to 60 fps).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...xed-and-whats-not-in-the-cod-ghosts-ps4-patch
  11. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    Edit: I had a whole paragraph typed here for the wrong problem. :lol3

I'd sync Chrome with google, uninstall it and then re-install it.

Barring that, try a different input on the monitor?
  12. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    What reasons did he give for wanting to go with XB1?
  13. UnderNewOwnership

Oddometer:
    Xbox1 manages to sell through over 1 million units.

Which goes to show that all the games journalism idiots who parroted the "Consoles R ded! Mobile iz lyfe!" line should STFU/GTFO.
  14. tommyg

tommyg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Iam a sony guy, but do own a 360, I wasn't going to get a ps4 until I found out bf4 was a release game. Nice undate in the graphics and 32 a side is nice. Also bought black flag, fun game. I still play the ps3, its still got a lot of life left in it. I feel the systems came out a year early, some great games just came out and many I haven't even played.
  15. TheNorthernMonkey

TheNorthernMonkey Clueless n00b

Oddometer:
    1 million is a who shit load of units for something which seems a bit overpriced. You need to be a hard core nerd to spunk that much cash on something that just plays games

NM (XBOne owner)
  16. UnderNewOwnership

Oddometer:
    The only truly overpriced console is the Wii U.

Which is quite the irony.
  17. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    It needs more storage :deal

I think 200-250 would be the sweet spot, especially since you're going to need to buy an external HD to go with it for 50-100 dollars. Though 200 might be wishful thinking, but they did do that with the Game Cube.

Also one thing I personally wish is they would ditch the tablet or make it a kinect for the 360 like option and offer it with the pro controller for that 200 dollar price point.

Ugh.....looks like that's not happening, after writing this I decided to research it a bit and while you can now use the pro controller for a lot of the 1st party titles at least with the patched New Super Mario Bros. U it's a bit of a work around:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U_dDb5Q4jhw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And a lil more research.....now this actually looks like a great deal:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/best-black-friday-2013-video-game-deals-updated-with-special-uk-wii-u-bundle/1100-6416296/

2 AAA titles, plus a controller that's 40 bucks IIRC
  18. ImaPoser

Oddometer:
    Well, the boy has managed to patiently hold on to his steam card birthday money from last month in anticipation of Black Friday. Any place to look to see what might be coming? :ear
  19. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    They don't do the big sales till Christmas (12/20 last year and IIRC it goes for about a week) which makes sense since a lot of people get steam cards.
  20. ImaPoser

Oddometer:
    Ho boy, he's gonna be pissed at me when I tell him this..... :doh