Bed Buddy....anyone use one of these?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by TheBigLebowski, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheBigLebowski

TheBigLebowski It's true, mistakes were made.

Oddometer:
    Thinking about buying/manufacturing one of these to attach to a 5x8 trailer. Anyone have or use one of these?

[​IMG]
  2. SATEX

SATEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    I use one that is similar.... basically a knockoff... from RockyMountainmc.com

Mounted in my truck. Works great. The tie down points are well placed and my bike(s) always stay stable.
  3. BillUA

BillUA Las Vegas, NV Supporter

Oddometer:

X2 Those things work great!
  4. TheBigLebowski

TheBigLebowski It's true, mistakes were made.

Oddometer:
    I like the bed buddy because it has the three slots for bikes.......If I haul two, I'm set.....if I only haul one, I could center it on the trailer.
  5. Weekend_warrior

Weekend_warrior Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    E-track bolted to the front of the bed works great. Spray it match your truck. Use tie down anchors for the chaulks to keep the bikes tire from turning. I know 3 folks that have this setup. Works well for dirtbikes. Can be had cheaply. Search around Northern tool. I think a section of E-track is only about 15 bucks or so. The hook anchors are a couple bucks a peice.

I have a GMC with that came with the cargo management system. Works fairly well after moving some tie down blocks to the front to use a chaulks for a single bike and tie down locations for muliple ones. I can get 3 bikes in the back.
  6. Oshiat

Oshiat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a bed buddy in my 05 2500HD and it works great. To help prevent the front to the bed from flexing, I put a piece of 1/4" x 2" plate as a backing plate between the bed and cab. Bolts go through the bed buddy, bed, plate and then are lock-nutted.