anyone in chester county, pennsylvania?

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Niedz, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Niedz

Niedz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    it was a lot of fun,
    but hey i think i did pretty well without the knobbies!!!

ill post up some pictures later today
  2. Niedz

Niedz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    a few shots from yesterdays ride
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. rudyunknown

rudyunknown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dan is the man :) with slicks

:clap:clap
  4. Gundy

Gundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those powerlines look pretty cool. I think it is fair to say there aren't many people who have taken the Xcountry where Dan has. Once you finally get some knobbies on that thing it will be hard to keep up on the klr for sure
  5. Niedz

Niedz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    anyone interested in heading down the the pine barrens in the upcoming weeks?
  6. rudyunknown

Oddometer:
    dude u keep on going like a duracell bunny at these rides

well this weekend i am heading up to Lawton PA, for the Lawton 100 dualsport ride, next week will be the Smoking Hole Rally, and the weekend after that is the big Ontario ride.....

June is bit of study time for me...although i can sneak in one day of Pine Barren ride....the same that we did this year in April...so lets say June 11 if thats a nice day or maybe in July.....

also i got the gps route of 160 miles that u can do leagally in the PB....if u know how to get it off my gps....ur more than welcome to swing by
  7. Gundy

Gundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm up for it in June as soon as I get my new tires mounted. Deep sand + noob sand skills + worn stock KLR tires = lots of lifting of a 450lb bike. Barring that I could always truck the TW over there.

I actually spent some time mapping out a mosty unpaved route that starts near Atsion goes up to Brendan T Byrne then back via Batso on Google Earth thats about 80 miles if I can figure out how to get it from there to my GPS.

8. Niedz

Niedz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    wow rudy i just googled lawton, 3+ hrs away!!!!! thats no joke! im guessing you are staying overnight?

i also need to wait till i get my new tires mounted before i head down to the barrens, and install a bunch of goodies i got for the bike!

i might be doing smoking hole, not quite sure yet. i feel guilty leaving the family for a weekend!
  9. rudyunknown

Oddometer:
    dude i have been taking my wife with me for the last 5 years...but u have a very young kid....but guess what if ur wife is cool with camping with the kid....u will be our new superhero at the rally.....
  10. LawrenceTheCat

LawrenceTheCat 3rd,Pinit,DumpdaClutch

Oddometer:
    Hey mon, when are you thinking about the Barrens? I play in a band that has a job coming up in Wildwood June 25, was thinking of taking a dualsport along to do some riding while in NJ. I don't really know where to go, tho! Is the Pine Barrens a legal ride for a plated bike? I'd be grateful for an address for my gps....:)
    Here is a shot from last week's big adv ride, down the east coast and back. Best time ever- camping and riding every day. Did 2k, wore a new D606 down to halfway, no problems other than a broken watch band! I love my motorcycle......:sweeti

Attached Files:

11. Niedz

Niedz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    wow, awesome picture!!! thats a lotta stuff you got on that there bike.

dont have an address for pine barrens, but ive been messaging a guy down there that would show me around. theres a lot of legal stuff to ride, and some not so legal from what i understand.
  12. rocketkidd777

rocketkidd777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello, locals! I live in Exton, PA and am always looking for places to ride, and people to ride with! I met Niedz Friday evening on some back road we both didn't know very well :rofl

Niedz told me about the Chester county thread on advrider.... I am new to the area, and looking for some roads and trails on which to take my Suzuki DR200 Enduro bike. I am free Friday-Sunday afternoon most weeks. If anyone local is interested in someone to ride with, I am eager to see what Chester county and surrounding areas have to offer!
  13. Niedz

Niedz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you can say that again!! :cry oh well, no real damage, im happy! :clap

if the weather is good maybe friday afternoon i can show you the chester springs dirt roads i know, there are some fun ones!
  14. rocketkidd777

rocketkidd777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, I'll plan on Friday afternoon. In the mean time I'll be looking for some protective gear. No more fly by night equipment after that road. heh.:eek1
  15. rudyunknown

Oddometer:
    so ur not comming down for the smoking hole rally then?

16. Niedz

Niedz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i was thinking that maybe on saturday ill do a day trip...leave early AM, do the ride, then head home after the route for sat.
  17. rocketkidd777

rocketkidd777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dan,

I will be looking at a bike in downtown Philly at 9AM on Friday morning.:deal Afternoon should still be good to ride. Not sure what bike I will be riding, but most likely a "new" yellow 1999 Suzuki GS500.:evil

However, if the roads you plan to show me are hardcore dirt roads I might take the Suzuki DR200 instead.
  18. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    a while ago someone posted about a bike meet in Morgantown? Something about all of us showing up to this meet one day?

Anybody got more info on this event and want to pick a date?

Will
  19. Niedz

Niedz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i dunno if they are hardcore dirt roads, but they definitely are dirt, loose in some spots, and potholes and ruts here and there.
  20. rocketkidd777

rocketkidd777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Killer ride today. I made the mistake of not taking any pics or video... Next time. I will be mounting my waterproof GOPRO HD camera on 1 or both of my bikes for this season... that will capture Chester county in all of it's glory!