Handlebar anti vibration breakthrough

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RicorSHX, Mar 27, 2009.

1. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Significantly reduces handlebar vibration using proven patented helicopter vibration cancellation technology. 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee!

<HR style="WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 2px">ARM PUMP TERMINATED!!!!!

[​IMG]

Tonic vibration reflex is a sustained contraction of a muscle subjected to vibration. Experts agree that vibration causes an involuntary muscle response directly correlated with vibratory pulses. Gratuitous muscle response creates unnecessary arm fatigue and lactic acid build up. There is a direct connection between the handlebar vibration, arm pump, hand numbness and tingling.

www.vibranator.com

enter advrider in the coupon box for a 20% off $69.95 msrp

testimonials:

Eric DuCray, Nor Cal Motorsports owner, KTM dealer <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I believe this product has improved my arm pump and numb hands considerably. I would recommend anybody with hand or arm problems to put these in their handlebars.

John Bilyeu, General manager, Modesto Yamaha<o:p></o:p>
    On a 2 1/2 hour race, it took away allot of fatigue. The sharp pain shooting down the arm is gone. Most of the arm pump gone. First time in years my hands felt decent after the race. At first I didn't think they made much difference. At the end of the race it was like when I was a kid and my hands didn't hurt. <o:p></o:p>

Allen Settle, '07 SV650
    These are inserts that go into the handle bars to minimize the vibration, and in effect for me has eliminated the the majority of numbness in my hands while riding. If your having issues with numbness I recomend you try getting a set of these.

Greg Nice, Honda Kawasasaki mechanic, Honda Kawasaki of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Modesto</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">California</st1:State></st1:place> <o:p></o:p>
    I tried a set of Vibranators in my '06 Triumph Speed Triple and was pleased with the results. Much less vibration was felt on idle through the RPM range. Long rides will be much more enjoyable. Very good idea.

RXV POOR, ADVrider post, 950 KTM ADV S
    Here’s my final verdict. For $70 it was worth it. I spent $330 on Flexx bars and another $60 on anti vibration inserts that didn’t help near as much as these Vibranator inserts. I do like and I am keeping the Flexx bars because they are really nice off road

Matt Tiede, 250 KTM

I figured that I would install one side at a time to test it so I installed the left, non-throttle side first to compare it to the grip side. At idle it was a night and day improvement. Amazingly there was a range where the vibrations were not noticeable on my non throttle Vibranator equipped side but I could feel them on the throttle side. That told me right there that they were doing their job. First thing that popped up in my head was "Tesla's earthquake machine".

<o:p></o:p>.
    <o:p></o:p>
    hidsrtktm likes this.
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    So... how does it work? :ear Not much info on how it works on your site.

if your 20% off discount for ADVrider inmates, let me know and I will add it to the Vendor Discount thread at the top of this forum.
  3. wotevah

wotevah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm bored so I looked at the site. It says

"It works by responding to the high frequency energy (buzz) by oscillating out of phase (storing the energy and releasing it back to the bar at the right time), thus canceling the vibration/ buzz. This is different and much more efficient from all other methods that attempt to dampen and absorb the energy."

My gut feel is that it may work just as well as the weights, given that it's still a passive system, but I don't know anything about these things. I understand it could be a resonator tuned to some common vibration frequency, but can it stay out of phase all the time I don't get.
  4. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for asking.

It's a tuned mass damper. It works by having the mass suspended by a spring. I was inspired by a device developed to solve a vibration problem on a Eurocopter A Star. They solved it by designing a mass damper which is a metal weight suspended by a spring that is adjusted on the fly. It seemed to work really well. I works by getting the mass to oscillate out of phase or close enough to disrupt the resonance rhythm. I replicated the principles and made it so it would vibrate radially, unlike the chopper one that vibrates vertically. I made the prototypes adjustable and was hoping for a measurable 50% reduction in hand grip vibration. I thought the spring rate would be much softer than it ended up being. After I found the sweet spot, we recorded an over 80% reduction in handlebar vibration. After the thrill of victory wore off, I found it's really great to ride a bike with the bars not buzzing. The hands weren't going numb anymore. It was time to start a company. We targeted the Harley market first and if you Google the forums, you'll find are allot of happy riders there. The report they can use their mirrors now.

A few months ago we found cancelling the handlebar buzz radically reduces if not completely eliminates arm pump and hang tingling. I gave a set to a KTM dealer owner who was going to retire from racing due to the unbearable armpump and numbness. After the first race he said the arm pump was completely gone. He said it must have been a medical miracle or something. Next weekend, he ran another bike without the Vibranators, arm pump was back. We proved the Vibranators solved the arm pump problem for him. For him, they are an absolute must have. So far we are 'batting a 1000' with the other racers. I researched the vibration to involuntary muscle 'firing' connection. I found it, it's called "Tonic vibration reflex". That would explain the vibration to arm pump connection. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonic_vibration_reflex

Yes, the 20% discount is for ADVrider inmates only!
  5. skrub

skrub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What is the over all lenght of the unit. I ride a 990 Super Duke and have hand guards the plit wedge takes up an inch atleast.
  6. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The hand guard version attaches to the end of the split wedge (sweggie) assembly and is about 70mm or 2 3/4 inches long.
  7. lovatochevato

lovatochevato El Vato

Oddometer:
    Looks great, anything to help tingling hand syndrome....:D
  8. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The way a mass damper works is when the bar moves, the mass stays stationary in space and builds up spring energy. The bar and mass spring back but in opposite directions at about the same frequency. That disrupts the resonance of the undamped bar. It works like noise cancelling headset as opposed to just trying to block the noise with foam or something. The bar has a hard time getting the rhythm going, like a sober white man trying to dance. The weights just change the frequency the bars resonant at. If a helicopter used weights to address the rotorhead vibration problem, I don't think it would get off the ground or have useful performance left.
  9. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Guaranteed to fix it, seriously. Nobody has ever asked for their money back.
  10. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the detailed reply :thumb I've added the 20% ADVrider inmate discount to the Vendor discount thread sticky. Thank you.
  11. MTDewX8

MTDewX8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    so I guess this is better than putting a bunch of foam inside your handle bar. :rofl

my X does vibrate more now that I have put on my hand guards.
  12. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm game to try. Your website is confusing though. I am running 7/8" aluminum bars on my KTM LC4 with Acerbis rally guards. What do I order?
  13. omnivore

omnivore SuperSportTourer

Oddometer:
    My hands all out go to sleep. Any to fit inside a clip on tube of a GSXR1000?
  14. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
  15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Banned

Oddometer:
    I ordered a set for my paint shaker (KTM LC4). I will update the forum of my findings.
  16. Chad M

Chad M 14880

Oddometer:
    Hi RicorSHX, I have a KTM 640ADV with the stock Magura bars with Acerbis handguards. Which model would be appropriate for this application?

My bars have a 14mm ID and the handguards mount with an insert that is 52mm long.

Thanks!
  17. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">All bars with hand guards W/O threaded inserts </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="64%">Our Price: $69.95 [​IMG]

We supply the bolts for Acerbis in the kit.

Don't forget the advrider discount if you decide to get them. Please let me know how they worked out.

Thanks,
    Don

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  18. WONB2K

WONB2K The Road Less Traveled

Oddometer:
    If I understand the application correctly these can't be used in conjunction with bark buster style hand guards that use bar inserts...correct?

And what about compatibility with throttle locks like Kaoko?

Jim
  19. Tripletreat

Tripletreat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sasquatch raises a good point. The bike I have that most need this has aluminum bars, which have a smaller I.D. that steel bars of the conventional size -- 7/8". I don't really know the I.D. off the top of my head, but I know it is unusally small. Can your product be used in this case?
  20. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No problem, the hand guard kit uses the small OD parts. The small mass version works so good, we were contemplating using, even if there is room for the bigger one.