Rugby

Discussion in 'Sports' started by RhinoVonHawkrider, Dec 27, 2012.

1. RhinoVonHawkrider

RhinoVonHawkrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I saw the 6 nations thread & figured one good ole Rugby thread should take us to the next RWC (use ur Buzzlight Year voice) and Beyond!

I used to play (wasn't a very good prop) for NYAC.

I've been to RWC in '07 (saw a very good quarters match between Eng & Oz - George Gregan's last international)

6 Nations in '02 - Jonny Wilkinson's masterpiece against Ireland:cry. And '04 Irelands revenge

And looking forward to 2013 6 Nations (watching the better matches in NYC pubs)

And next trip to England for RWC in '15. My buddy lives outside of London, so he better get some tix for the class.

Happy New Year to all

Lastly, my mate was at Twickenham for England v. NZ match and the Brits singing Sweet Chariot during the Haka is disrespectful. My buddy was shocked by the behavior. But I think the Brits aren't the first ones to act this way, if I recall the French started this some years back. Either way in poor taste.
  2. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Poor use of the term "Brits" but you're forgiven for being a dumb Yank although fuck the Haka anyway. Disrespect is making noise when the kicker is placing his kick, not singing a song during an outdated farce. Disrespect is Graham Henry's comments after the Umaga/Mealamu v O'Driscoll tag fight. Get real.
  3. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?
    Or, as one of my friends put it, "why do we have to stand there while they do their little dance?"

Let them do their thing, but to expect the other team/ supporters to just stand there while they do so is farcical.
  4. George Papadopolis

George Papadopolis between

Oddometer:
    I agree on all points except for being noisless for the kicker. Some traditions about what is apropriate during kicks differs by country. See the classles asshole using a green laser pointer in Argentina during the Rugby Championship (prev. Tri Nations)?
  5. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, they boo and whistle in France and have a good laugh about it. Culturally specific I guess.
  6. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    I have to agree. While I enjoy watching the Haka, it should not be presumed that the opposing team does or should. It is rugby, mock them, get in their heads early on. For the rest of you, there is that roundball, barf, game; where you squirm on the ground like you are mortally wounded, then when you feel you are properly rested, you can get up and run faster than you had been. :huh :norton It's Rugby, donate and move on. :freaky
  7. RhinoVonHawkrider

Oddometer:

Hmmm last I checked its the United Kingdom - and British is the common name for dem folk. Why don't they
    give Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland back to their own people, then I'll say English, when referring the folks in the stands @ Twickenham:1drink

My dumb Yank uncle was traveling and struck up a conversation w/ someone from Northern Ireland who stated that he was not Irish, since he carried a UK/British passport.

Can't we all just get along

26 + 6 =1
    Erin Go Bragh

Now back to Rugby....
  8. George Papadopolis

Oddometer:
    We can all get along but you would be more correct and garner better feelings from the English posters if you realized England fans sing sweet low sweet chariot and the brittish only play/tour as a unit every four years.
  9. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I doubt there were many Jocks, Taffs or Paddies at Twickenham. Never mind, was only pulling your leg.

On to rugby, Wasps (my old team, back in the amateur days) got their first away win since October 2011 today and have gone fifth in the English Premiership! :clap:clap:clap

Great to see them coming back to some sort of form and with such a young and promising team.
  10. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
    Rhino, we've probably met. I coach for Johns Hopkins, and play for BCRFC Old Boys.
  11. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    Johns Hopkins plays lacrosse. Don't be silly.
  12. RhinoVonHawkrider

Oddometer:
    Hmm not sure - Did U ever play 7s Summer tourney, hosted by Philly Whitemarsh down Jersey Shore?

Anyway, JH does play Lax & Rugby:D

And Baltimore is a cool city & Chaps Pit Beef :clap:clap:freaky:freaky
  13. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Oh please, take your political bullshit elsewhere.

As for the Haka - fuck the Haka, why should the All Blacks get away with trying to intimidate the opposition every fucking game.
    Gbags likes this.
  14. George Papadopolis

Oddometer:
    For any RaboDirect/ Heineken Cup and top 14 fans...I found two youtube channels that have games up a day after they are played. One is Jammy Twang and the other is Lelostream.
    Im pretty stocked on this because I was paying 160 a year for foxsoccer2go
  15. George Papadopolis

Oddometer:
    Haka didnt work against the ENGLISH last time ! Best international in a long time IMHO
  16. RhinoVonHawkrider

Oddometer:
    Uh whatevuh

go pats - NOT
  17. Mercury264

Oddometer:
    Yup. That's exactly how you should react - they do it to intimidate the other team so shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.
  18. Mercury264

Oddometer:
    What are you, 10 :rolleyes
  19. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
    Next time you're in first beer's on me, but you're gonna have to drink mine too (I quit drinkin' years ago). I never played summer 7's, but mainly because I hate 7's rugby. Why play 7's when you can play 15's? :lol3
  20. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    :lurk