Drz400 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Britmick, May 4, 2007.

1. Starchamp

Starchamp Rebel Scum

Oddometer:
    I didn't invent the internet, or its colloquialisms...
  2. Psycho18th

Psycho18th Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Funny. I always thought of this as a gathering of moto adventurers, helping each other out, and sharing the thrills and challenges across the world with the Internet as a tool, not a bunch of adolescent computer dorks who saw a motorcycle drive by once.
    Darn it, now I got sucked into it as well...

Back on point. Just put a freshly re packed FMF Q4 on my E last night. Bought from another inmate along with a tank and Corbin seat. Several pounds lighter, and sound level seems the same as stock to me. Not sure about the seat yet. I'll have to put a good ride on it, but seems to tilt forward quite a bit more than the seat concepts I've been running. It was a bear to get into place the first time, then had to remove it to put the pipe on. Much easier the second time around.

Psycho
  3. Slideways#96

Slideways#96 Guest

Agreed on point of forum...

Btw, wanna trade your work vehicle for a nicely set up 950 adventure :evil
  4. mminob

mminob MotoHolic

Oddometer:
    I had a great ride today here in So Cal... 75 degrees and the dirt trails had a little rain on them the past couple days , so no dust .

I was thinking about riding my strom 650 but these dirt roads have lots of rocks and ruts...that seem to really beat you up...you know...DRZ Territory...Love this 400 E...:freaky
    [​IMG]
  5. KI6HNB

KI6HNB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think I need a new clutch cable. I was going to order a new OEM from TT or is there a better option?
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
  6. mminob

mminob MotoHolic

Oddometer:
    Yeah , try the Motion Pro clutch cable ....smooth and strong...

along with a MSR Lever and Perch ...cheap and well built...:freaky
  7. Doctor Zed

Doctor Zed Resident

Oddometer:
    ... and buy two of them. Zip tie them together when you put them in.
    That way you have a spare routed and ready to go when you need it.
  8. oldenuf

oldenuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    I see on your signature line that your DR-Z has 45K on the odometer. How many miles on that cable?

Art
  9. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    I found a subframe from a 2005 S for sale- I'm thinking it will fit my 2001 E model, right?

1911fan
  10. marine_mike

marine_mike Banned

Oddometer:
    Damn..I guess I feel better about my 16K. Wonder if he's ever had to rebuild it.
  11. KI6HNB

KI6HNB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Actually it's got 46K+ now. Original cable. Original front sprocket too.:eek1
  12. Psycho18th

Oddometer:
    Ahh numbers. Can always count on you to be an a-hole.

Just thought if anyone else was considering an FMF Q4, it seems like a good product. I had steered away from aftermarket pipe, because most I had encountered for thumpers are mind numbingly loud, which personally isn't worth the gains. This one with a fresh repack seems quiet as stock. Thought I'd mention the forward tilt of the seat, again so those who may be considering one could take that into account.

I like reading others' product trials, as it helps me consider options. For example, I know to avoid those wide ratio gear sets from NOVA because you recommend them. I try to avoid recommendations from A-holes generally.

Yet, here I am justifying my own post to someone who's the most unhelpful and unpleasant I've run across here in ADV-land. This habitant of computer geekdom is going to explore the ignore feature for the first time. Thanks for that.

Edit: figured it out with the help of a fellow inmate. Thanks!

Psycho
  13. Psycho18th

Oddometer:
    It will be sold as-is, and I don't have a title for it, and it won't pass a sound check, and it costs more than that 950 just to start it...is that a problem?

If not, then sure. Once the 950 is safe in my garage, I'll point you to where my part of the trade is parked. Just ignore the kid with the machine gun.

Psycho
  14. Psycho18th

Oddometer:
    I can find it searching for posts from you, but don't see it when viewing the thread. Weird.
    Psycho
  15. bobbed06

bobbed06 Cavalera Conspirator

Oddometer:
    It showed in my history I posted it, then wouldnt link me to it. I found it though, so I deleted my previous post.
  16. kenstone

kenstone worn out

Oddometer:
    Click on the screen name of the user you want to ignore in a post of theirs, select "view public profile".
    Click on "user lists" under their name/to the right and select "add to ignore list."
    Done
    :lol3
  17. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    Why do u have to be such a mean A$$ bastard? Are u paid to spew ur crap here?? U almost never provide informative inputs, you always step on people toes without knowing nothing about them, oh what the hell?? For the records Psycho18th is a great individual, he provided a lot of helpful feedbacks and he's a bad a$$ Enduro rider. Have some respect around here.
  18. Vato Jinete

Vato Jinete Feo del Norte Supporter

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a preference on work stands?
  19. Davi5678

Davi5678 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My poor old 2009 SM was stripped down in a long slow rebuild, the engine and frame was perched an old drum. I was tidying the garage up and had put it outside for a moment, gust of wind blew it over and the shifter has punched through the engine case. The stupids, I have them.
    What's it going to cost me to fix it up? I just need to know what parts to start looking for on eBay.
    I'm guessing this is what I need?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Left-Side-Engine-Cover-w-Gasket-DRZ400-E-S-SM-Genuine-Suzuki-OEM-Note-T61-/271730013831?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f445ef687
  20. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    Little help? pending sale if it will work, buyer might or might not hold it for me. I think it will fit, but hate to buy it and have it shipped here and find out I'm wrong.

1911fan