Honda XL250S 78-81 XL250R 82-83 Manual

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by chris98vf, Mar 5, 2011.

1. chris98vf

chris98vf XL Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    Hey all,
    I have a PDF that I want to share with everyone. It's long out of print and you can't buy it anywhere except eBay used so I don't think I'm hurting anyone out there.

Here's the catch, it's 321MB. It's high res and every chapter is linkable to the referred page. I did this all my self last winter when it was too cold to work on the bike. PM me with your email address and I can link you to my DropBox folder so you can download it. (you may have to sign up for drop box which is free)

Hope I'm helping fellow XL owners out there becuase I had to do a lot of research for my restore and just wanna share the wealth!

Chris

PS - Leave some possitive feedback in the thread if you like it...

***EDIT*** PLEASE READ***
    Hey everyone. On average I get around 2-3 requests for this manual every week. Please send me a DM if you want a copy since I very rarely ever get a chance to log onto ADV. When you DM me I get an email and I almost always reply within a couple hours if not less since I keep my phone on me at all times. I don't want anyone going without this manual if they need it!!

***EDIT*** PLEASE READ*** 22 NOV 2013
    Thanks to whit32 there is now a direct download link that is better than Dropbox. Please find the file at
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzS...it?usp=sharing
    If the link stops working feel free to PM me and I will send another link as soon as I can. Currently in Afghanistan for at least anther year and it's very difficult to reply as quickly as I should.

Have fun riding and good luck with your repairs :)

Chris
  2. chris98vf

chris98vf XL Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    If anyone wants that manual sign up for a DropBox account here and message me.
    http://db.tt/cR9TBSI
    The PDF is 321MB so I need to use DropBox since I can't email it. Once you sign up I can share the file.

Also, I have a lot of spare parts I'm willing to sell, DM me if interested.
  3. royb8s

royb8s royb8s

Oddometer:
    I have a 81 xl250 and desperately need a manual. I did get a dropbox account, and now just need to know how to get it to you. I am new to these blogs stuff.
  4. chris98vf

chris98vf XL Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    Just got your message and I sent the invite to download the manual. It has all the schematics in there for the wiring and just about everything else the dealer would have repaired. Good luck!
  5. ColoradoDave

ColoradoDave n00b

Oddometer:
    Got the manual via drop box and it looks great. What a lot of work.

Thanks a million.
  6. garrysylvester

garrysylvester n00b

Oddometer:
    Please send me a copy of the manual for the xl 250 honda.
  7. Bell driver

Bell driver Long timer

Oddometer:
    nospa21 likes this.
  8. Tracerec

Tracerec n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Chris,

I'd really appreciate a copy of the manual. I've had my 83 XL250R since 1986. It hasn't been used much since about 2000 when the kids were small. The muffler was made for me by a young mechanic in the 90's when the stock one rusted out; it's a bit louder than stock but works well. I've also had to replace the speedo with one from a different motorcycle. Otherwise it looks pretty good for its age but needs a carb job and a general going over.

Cheers,
    Dan
  9. Paulysvision

Paulysvision HondaHead

Oddometer:
    Same, just sarted on my XL250R '83 and am in need of a digital copy. Please send me a link when you get a chance, I sent you my email via pm Chris.
  10. matthovis

matthovis n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello Friend, I have an 1983 Honda XL250R and I was wondering if I could get the manuel you mention in this thread. I did download and install Dropbox.:clap
  11. surfwarrior

surfwarrior Honda Rider

Oddometer:
    Hey Chris,

I just installed Dropbox and was wondering how to get the Honda 81 XL250s Manual. Let me know if I need to share a folder through Dropbox. I recently bought the xl250s and need to change the oil, tire, and air filter so the manual will be a huge help. Thanks Man. Oh ya my email address used on Dropbox is mcernan_music@yahoo.com

Cheers
  12. Paulysvision

Paulysvision HondaHead

Oddometer:
    Absoluetly fantastic Chris, covers everything and more!!! Me and the bike salute you :freaky
  13. surfwarrior

surfwarrior Honda Rider

Oddometer:
    Not sure if you saw my other post, got dropbox up and running and would like to get the manual. mcernan_music@yahoo.com is my email.:rofl
  14. chris98vf

chris98vf XL Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    It's easier to PM me for the manual since I don't get onto the forums as much as I'd like.
  15. Tracerec

Tracerec n00b

Oddometer:
    Huge props to Chris!!
    Thanks for the manual - much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Dan
  16. $cooter

$cooter n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks Chris. This looks like just what I need. I've signed up to Dropbox so please email me for access to your manual.
    Thanks again
  17. tomatoeman

tomatoeman n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello Chris,
    Can I get your XL250 Manual?
    thehalmans@netzero.net

Please add your email address to the blog.
    There is no way to contact you thru dropbox without your email.
    Thanks,
    Tom
  18. Cracker3987

Cracker3987 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Chris,
    am restoring a 1980 XL250s love to get the manual... have setup dropbox as u advised...sorry i am new to AR and dropbox... what do i do? my email is nicholas@axessaccounting.com.au
  19. uphondapegs

uphondapegs boob

Oddometer:
    Chris,

I created a DropBox account, and I would really appreciate it if you would send me the link for the files. My email address is gregstouten@gmail.com

Thanks!
    Greg
  20. 1971jet32

1971jet32 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi I have just got my self a 1982 XL 250r and I'm going to fix it up,are you able to send me the manual?thanks Mike