2009 Baja Beach Bash - BBM, JCR and the DA unite for moto fun! You're invited!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Trey650, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Trey650

Trey650 Are We There Yet?

Oddometer:
    Baja Bound Moto (Tim Morton), JCR (Johnny Campbell) and the Desert Assassins (Cameron Steele) are getting together for the first ever Baja Beach Bash moto ride July 9-12 and you are invited to be a part of it.

With the crew being some of most experienced Baja moto riders on the planet we wanted to share our love for Baja with family and friends, old and new. Whether you have met one, all or none of us we are opening up the floodgates for what will be a low impact but seriously fun ride for moto heads of all levels. We will mark multiple trails for all levels and everyone will get a chance to ride with the above-mentioned riders and then some. Flat billers to rounded bills and weeded hats from the east can unite in moto.

On July 9th we will be leaving in the afternoon from So Cal in a caravan destined for Ensenada. There is space available from multiple locations in So Cal but you are encouraged to drive your own rig in the caravan. A 100% inclusive trip is available at www.bajaboundmoto.com including everything from flights, bikes, and gear if you need it.

The 9th will be a hang out evening with final bike prep to leave on the morning of the 10th. This is where all the lies usually start and won’t end until you are home telling tales to your friends.

The 10th will have all riders depart south on the highway to Santo Tomas and then cut into the dirt on the Baja 500 and 1000 courses and out to Erenderia. On this day we will be riding to San Quintin saving more of the single track and option lines for Sat and Sun. On Friday we will host the infamous circle sand race, which is fun for everyone with a trophy and bragging rights going to the winner. This will be hosted in a full comedic route of all involved!

The night of the 10th will have everyone staying and eating in San Quintin.

The second day Saturday the 11th we will spend the entire day using the lines Tim, Cameron and Johnny have played around on for years in northern costal Baja and we promise if you thought you knew them all you for sure don’t. This ride is for everyone and even stock bikes can go, although a bigger front sprocket is the only thing we strongly advise. Pros to novice level riders will have a great time.

Beach caves, dodging the ocean around some points if the tide allows, single track, cobblestones and everything in-between will be thrown at you. Did we mention we will do some beach riding? There will also be a hill climb event for those that want to take a shot at the title and this is always good for a laugh or two.

Baja Beach Bash will also host a game of foot down that will have a great viewing area for everyone to watch. The laughs are no extra charge but the game of foot down will cost you $20 to enter with 50% going to a purse and 50% going to Racers and Ranchers. There will be multiple donations made from the trip and those receiving them include Racers and Ranchers and Rancho Santa Marta orphanage and school in San Vicente.

We will spend another night, this time on the beach with epic views and no shortage of tequila. It is here to the salutes of the crew on the 1st ever Baja Beach Bash that we will crown the hill climb, beach race and foot down champions.

On Sunday the 12th we will have a short day with a possible trip to Santo Tomas Point and through some of Tim’s most secret single track. These trails live right under all of the experts noses but no one knows they are there. We plan to return to Ensenada early with all vehicles loading up and getting back to the border early in the afternoon so dinner with the family on Sunday can be in the plans for each rider that lives in So. Cal.

We will include your beds, chase trucks, trailers and crew. 4 chase trucks with ice chests loaded, truck-fueling stations with all the gas you need (stock tanks okay) as well as all the bags transferred to the hotels.

You are on your own for food other than the snacks, sandwiches and stuff off the trucks. We don’t want to try and herd people to dinner and some people skip some of the meals, you can handle your food.

Hope you can make it to Baja with us for this once a year fun ride with Tim Morton, Johnny Campbell, Cameron Steele, Mikey Childress, Andy Grinder. Many more names to come, will yours be one of them? We hope so.

PM Bajaboundmoto for more info. Or Please email or call Jen (info@bajaboundmoto.com - 888-664-2252)

Some of the fun you will see and ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. misery goat

misery goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  3. LKN4DRT

LKN4DRT Relocated

Oddometer:
    How much will this cool adventure cost?
  4. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    :lurk too. :evil
  5. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    Pay rides belong in vendors, I will move it there.
    This looks like a blast!
  6. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Looks like fun. I wish I had the right bike for this kind of riding....
  7. trailtrick

trailtrick goat trail rider

Oddometer:
    $450
  8. Stinez

Oddometer:
    Is that the answer or a guess? :dunno

:scratch
  9. Trey650

Trey650 Are We There Yet?

Oddometer:
    Last I heard that is pretty close.

Not sure why it went to vendor as this is not a commercial ride, just one that is organized by several people and they wanted it to be hassal free.
  10. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    is there a free BYOB elbow rubbing sesh at the end of the day that one could drive down to if so inclined?
  11. Stinez

Oddometer:
    That's a great price for the obviously great and accomplished participants, the local knowledge and entertainment value of many of the activities and people. At that *price it’s got to be considered a non-profit venture so I agree with your point about it being in the wrong forum. :nod

Delete my thoughts and ideas because I really should check my calender before I plan, hope or dream. :deal
  12. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    I know, you can ride the moped around the world :) My bike is setup for the track, I wold need to do some major changes to go. I think I'll have to buy another bike :rofl

D.

13. Stinez

Oddometer:
  14. multimoto

multimoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did this ride on my CRF450R... Great trip.