Trailjammer Designs KTM/Yamaha Case Savers & Exhaust Guards

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by trailjammer, Nov 6, 2012.

1. trailjammer

trailjammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These Case Savers are an awesome cheap way to insure you don't put a hole in your engine case! Take this Case Saver by Trailjammer Designs and with a 5 minute install, you will be well on your way to protecting yourself from getting stranded with a hole in your case. These are very light and made of a super strong aluminum alloy that helps protect the case against rocks or your rear brake lever from punching a hole through your engine case. Each one is hand made to the best quality. Free shipping is being offered for a limited time. Don't wait and end up having to replace that case or worse, stranded in the middle of nowhere. :( Do a nice upgrade with a TJD Case Saver instead. Feel free to ask with any questions you may have. *Will NOT fit 2007 KTM 250XC-F. These will fit most 2008-2013 KTM 4strokes. $50 for Natural Finish and $60 for Black Powder Coated. Some limited edition KTM Orange Powder Coat.
    AND NOW FITS 2012-2013 KTM 4 strokes i.e.(500EXC). The '12-'13 sells for $60 Black and $50 natural. JUST ADDED MORE FITMENT YEARS/MODELS! Now Fits the 2011-2013 KTM 350 4 strokes, EXC-F XCF-W, XC-F, SX-F, etc. **Now fits 2008-2013 KTM 250 and 300 2 strokes!!! Same pricing. $50 natural and $60 Powder Coated! Just ask for fit and availability.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    MattGecko and joebar like this.
  2. teambft

teambft teambft

Oddometer:
    I'd like to get one for my son's 2007 250 XCF. The black with orange logo. How do we proceed?

Been waiting for someone to make these:clap

I sent to several riding buds.

When ya gonna make 'em for 2012 500 EXCs???
  3. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    Hi Teambft!
    Thanks! I guess I better get crack'en on the '12+ guard for the 4strokes. I've been working with one, but need a '12 bike for a little more longer. Wasn't happy with the first ones. They are in the works, but not sure when they'll be done. I'm guessing in maybe 4 weeks..
    Thanks for sending this info to your riding friends. Definitely spread the word.
    -Cain
    Trailjammer Designs
  4. BanhXeo

BanhXeo Sushiman

Oddometer:
    Good to see you working on these Cain. If they are anything like your Heat Shields, its a homerun :thumb Keep up the good work and let me know if you need any numbers from the '13 exc-f..I'm interested.
  5. AdvRonski

AdvRonski They call me......Ronski

Oddometer:
    Fruita, center of the Dirt Bike Universe.
    What is the diameter of the disc? I'm wondering if they would fit a 950.
  6. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    AdvRonski-The '08-'11 diameter is about 6.5 inches but I think the curvature is way different on the 950. I can look at my friends 950. If there's enough demand, then maybe I'd make them.
    I do sell an '09-'12 990 Passenger/Rider Heat Shield. I haven't had a chance to take great pictures of them just yet. Just got some back in Military Grade Black Powder Coat. Once I have the Orange Trailjammer Designs Stickers on them, I think they will be popp'en.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. Assfault

Assfault Exposed Member Supporter

Oddometer:
    Michigan from the Rocky Mountain High Country
    Do these by change fit the older RFS models? Specifically a 04 EXC 525? Thanks
  8. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    I really doubt these will fit the '04-'06 RFS models. The diameter and shape is a little different. Get some people together and if there's an order of 5 or more maybe I can make a model for the RFS bikes. I might have a connection on an '05 to work with. It takes a lot of resources to build one of these prototypes. I need the demand in orders to make it worth while. I would love to be able to make accessories for all models. I'm just limited on resources. I'll keep your request in mind for sure. Currently working on the '12-'13 model if it comes out being successful. Thanks!
  9. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    Good news BanhXeo! I just finished a prototype Case Saver for the '12-'13 KTM 4 strokes. :clap Taking pre-orders now! They look awesome. Hoping to have some pictures up soon. Let me know if you're interested in one. :D These were worked on non-stop and way ahead of schedule. I thought it'd be 4 weeks or so but the natural finish are ready to go now. Trailjammer Designs is on a roll! Let's do this!

10. CamelBill

CamelBill Ride It! Supporter

Oddometer:
    How do these mount on the case? Is it a double sided tape type mount or what? Specifilly interested in the new ones for KTM500's Thanks.
  11. teambft

teambft teambft

Oddometer:
    RTV sealant. Popular add on for DRZ400's...Had similar case savers on those and they last for years.

Got mine in the mail from TJ yesterday....black with orange logo. Nice machining - seems to be of quality - hope to install tonight. This version has a orange TJ logo decal...would be real cool if the orange logo was actually engraved into the aluminum versus a sticker...the sticker will likely last one ride. In any case (no pun intended), real good to see someone making these. Thanks!
  12. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Teambft! Exactly! Use any RTV. Can be black, clear, or high temp. I personally use regular clear and have never had a problem yet. Just put a big bead around the outside lip and I add a bunch on the inside too. Can never have too much. Then, wipe the excess that comes out the sides.
    Yes, similar to the DRZ type of Case Savers that use RTV to glue on. This is an aluminum alloy that's really light and strong. These are all handmade here in the U.S.A. (my garage) :) They are very hard to make since KTM likes to make their case's in odd shapes. Didn't think I'd be able to make this one, but it came out amazing.
    Feel free to post your pics up Teambft! :D I hear ya on the engraving w/orange. That would look sick! I've been wanting to do that, but it's super $$$ right now since I don't have access to do that myself. I 'could' put the sticker up higher on the guard to keep it away from your foot. I also have black and white stickers. I figured orange looks the best though. Orange and black all the way! :clap
  13. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    This is on a 2012 KTM 500 EXC. I will have better pictures to come once I get some back from powder coating too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    Do you expect to make a stator cover for the KTM 500? I punched a hole in mine from the shifter, not long ago. :ear
  15. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    Wow. You put a hole in the stator cover? Haven't seen that one before. That takes some talent. Better pick up a Case Saver because I'd hate to see what you could do to that! :rofl
    No plans right now to make one for the stator, but I'll keep it in mind for sure. Thanks for asking.
  16. teambft

teambft teambft

Oddometer:
    That looks real sweet!!

17. garrett

garrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM sent.

Thanks
    Garrett
  18. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the PM Garrett. Looking into shipping costs to Canada for you now. I'll be in touch. :clap
    Thanks,
    Cain
  19. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Scott! I look forward to seeing one on your bike. :evil
  20. clapped_r6

clapped_r6 The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer:
    i'd be interested in one for an rfs if you decide to produce one. 07 450exc