Moisture wicking shirts with ADV-related company logos?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by nanotech9, Jun 27, 2012.

1. nanotech9

nanotech9 ** Slidewayz **

Oddometer:
    So, on my latest ride across the USA from OK to Calgary, in every picture I took of myself (:huh) I was disappointed that my light colored moisture wicking "STARTER" shirts looked very bland in all the photos.

It doesn't help that I'm cheap, and only wanted to pay $10 / shirt...

What companies out there that are related to our ADV lifestyle make logo'ed shirts that look good and are still comfortable, moisture wicking, durable, and not overpriced?

I'm willing to pay about $20 / shirt... give or take, depending on how nice it is. The $10 ones work great, but I'm tired of looking like I always shop at walmart (:eek1) (which I do :( )

I've already encouraged BlackDog Cycle Works to come out with one of these types of shirts... but who else has them? Touratech? ADVRider.com? Wolfman? Kreiga? Klim? other non-close manufacturers? Small shops would be cool, especially if they get on here and have great products.
  2. captwheel

captwheel Adventurer

Oddometer:

What about pockets on the moisture wicking shirts:freaky
  3. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
  4. HH

HH Dahlonega GA Supporter

Oddometer:
    the ADV shirts work great
  5. forrestlaw

forrestlaw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I haven't tried the ADVrider shirts, but Duofold shirts are relatively cheap and work well. But the best shirts I have found are from Under Armour called charged cotton. I have several and wear them for everything from yardwork to playing tennis/basketball, and motorcycle riding. They are a little more than $10, though. I think you can get them for $20 with a sale/coupon.
  6. nanotech9

Oddometer:
    Well, I may try one or two of those... I'm really looking for a variety, and not ONLY advrider.com shirts...

Certianly looking for something from mom-n-pop shops like Black-Dog, or others if available.

I wish the ADV ROOST shirt was one of the moisture wicking performance shirts... its cool, but a color other than black would be ideal. (even a performance shirt on a hot day is hotter in black)
  7. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    Neduro has them
  8. ShimrMoon

ShimrMoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wear wicking everything, especially in the steamy summer here in NC. I like the shirts and boxer briefs from www.wickers.com made in the USA. Also the Xdri shirts from www.eagleusaonline.com

If you "google" wicking tee's you'll be bombarded with all sorts of stuff. You can also find some decent wicking polo type shirts from police supply types of on line catalogs. For instance, www.galls.com I try my best to buy products from small American companies as well. Not as easy as you might think.
  9. Nophix

Nophix Ride. Eat. Repeat

Oddometer:
    Work provide mine so Im a walking central transport advert .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
  10. SteelB12

SteelB12 Our Purity of Essence Supporter

Oddometer:

How odd, I don't see a KLR listed in your signature.
  11. nanotech9

Oddometer:

I know right?

truth is though when you start adding stuff up i've got THOUSANDS in just GEAR. :( and thats the cheap stuff... well, some of its cheap.... what I don't buy cheap I buy used.

It takes a while to buy the nice stuff like Kriega, exofficio, etc.

I think ShimrMoon missed the point... I can find all kinds of performance apparel. Not a problem. I would probably buy exofficio if I wasn't looking for that type of apparel, but with a company logo on it directly tied to adventure riding.

I'll check out Neduro's stuff.... EDIT. Ned's stuff is no longer for sale :(

I wonder is Sirbesky Extreme makes anything like this? I'll have to check.
  12. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    I wearing wicking shirts for a living since I wear body armor over them. I've tried just about every brand and will only say that you get what you pay for. My $10-15 Target and Walmart shirts last 6 months and even my $20 Nike shirts start smelling after a year. My under armour and zensah shirts last a few years. I fact my Zensah shirt has lasted me over 10 years and I can go a week without washing it and it still won't stink. They use silver threading that kills odors. They now make loose fitting t shirts, but they're a bit more than $10. I don't mind paying more $$ if I know a product will last me a lot longer than a cheaper alternative.
  13. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    An old high school buddy of mine started underarmour. I'm probably biased but I think it's the best and worth the money. :lurk
  14. Phil Y

Phil Y Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Go here for Go Athletics: made in the USA, several options and about $20 per. No affiliation, yadda, yadda, yadda.
  15. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. Noone

Noone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sitting at a Cross Roads lookin' for a sign
    No company logo (well not much) and if you don't mind looking like you shop at Target I recommend Champion brand. Shirts about $10, underwear and socks are less. All wick very well, can be washed in a sink and will dry overnight (roll them in a towel after wringing and before hanging). I've travelled a month on three pairs of spares. Little room taken up in the saddlebags, easy to keep clean.

I supposed you could get iron on transfers of ADV and make your own.
  17. nanotech9

Oddometer:
    I know theres tons of performance base-layer clothing out there. Tons of threads on it here on advrider... I've seen a lot of it, tried some of it, and just saw some new stuff posted. I know the more you pay the more you get, and that the cheap stuff doesn't last long. Really not the info i'm looking for though.

Looking for motorcycle related shops that have gone out and produced a performance type shirt with their company logo on it.

Not looking to make my own.

Not looking to sport the UA or other big name commercial logos if i can help it. They've got nothing to do with adventure riding. If theres a UA logo on a shirt that fits my criteria, thats great, but not looking for a plain UA (or other) shirt.

The advrider.com shirt with the dirtbike on the front left is a great example of what i'm looking for... but I don't want three of the same shirt.
  18. ShimrMoon

ShimrMoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    + 1 on Go Athletics and made in the USA like Wickers. UnderArmor made in China.