Lorem Ipsum

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by op48no1, Mar 5, 2014.

1. JimGregory

JimGregory Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry your mom is so sick Henry. Hope things clear up soon.
  2. chasbmw

chasbmw Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rob, interested in getting your review
  3. Rob Farmer

Rob Farmer Long timer

Oddometer:
    On paper it seems a really interesting bike. Same bore and stroke as a t140 triumph, more torque than 750 commando and red lines at 6500rpm. I needed a mule that asked for nothing while I go through a busy patch and I fancied something that wasn't a bm.

It's actually a really nice bike. Handles brilliantly but is ultimately a honda so is never going to set the world on fire.

Bad bits:-
    The suspension is dire on anything but a smooth road. I've actually bought a nitron rear shock already.

The mudguards are a joke. A fender extender sorted the front but the rear is narrower than the tyre so you end up getting covered in crap from behind. Honda sell a wider guard for the Oceania region that costs £50

The auto box can get a bit confused at low revs when changing down from 2nd to 1st this may be my poor throttle control. The gearbox is seamless any other time and the speed shifter works very well when overtaking.

Apart from that it's a great little mule. The best bit about it is the huge storage box in the false tank. Four bottles of wine. 4 pints of milk and a loaf of bread in one go and still room to spare.
  4. Bill Harris

Bill Harris Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    Auto? That's the DCT?? Imagine that.

Need to read up on that.

--Bill