Central Oregon Meet-ups

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by littlebull, Jan 4, 2012.

1. littlebull

littlebull tiny mighty mo

Oddometer:
    Anyone interested? I'm new enough here to be uninformed as to whether a meet-up thread for this area has been tried before. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.:D

Anyway, I'm feeling just a little bad about lurking around the Eugene meet-up site, and think it might be nice to have one for the dry-side.

Big Spag and I have a lot of riding to make up for this year and would really like to meet more inmates, anyway.

So...here it goes. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
  2. Miguel Sanchez

Miguel Sanchez VD #110 Supporter

Oddometer:
    We have a Wednesday night meet-up every week at Sanden's Motorsports (formerly Tom's World of Wheels) at 2548 NE 2nd St. in Bend. It's not an ADV exclusive thing, just a half-dozen to dozen of us folks getting together for beer, pizza, and bench racing. All types welcome - street, dirt, snow, racers, dual sport, whatever... It usually runs from ~5:00pm to whenever the last ones leaves.

Feel free to drop by for a beer! If you don't know Chris, just tell him Mike Lake sent you :deal.
  3. peterman

peterman cop magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah,, we feel the same way,,,:lol3,,
    but,, a little bad can be fun,,as long as nobody sees anything,,,:freaky
  4. littlebull

Oddometer:
    Have to admit it is a guilty pleasure.
  5. Rainshadow

Rainshadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did promise to introduce you to the wonderful world of Bourbon and I'm always up for meeting a fellow Gumba! Count me in!
  6. E double D

E double D are we there yet

Oddometer:
    I have been looking around to and have not seen one for the dry side ever.

I have been lurking around the Portland area one just because it is the area I grow up in and it is interesting to see some of the old terrain.
  7. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Yep, that's me

Oddometer:
    There are several of us in Madras who would welcome the chance to get together!

SLOW Joe
    Lo-n-Slo
  8. littlebull

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking that a regular get-to-gether would be nice, as well as more opportunities to get together for riding. I know we're all really busy at night. The only nights Big Spag and I have totally free are Mondays and Fridays.

If a regular night doesn't work, maybe we could just post up if we're going out and see who shows up. That might work for socializing and riding. I guess we'll find out as we go!
  9. zedx9

zedx9 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good idea. Pick a time and place and see who shows. Have done this on other forums and it takes a while to gather momentum. Might try a place that is conversation friendly from a background noise perspective. Maybe move it around a little? Meet in the middle, like Redmond? Hang out an ADV flag so people know where to hang out? Lot's of input for your idea, eh? :D
    Anyway, in...:freaky
  10. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Yep, that's me

Oddometer:
    We would be game for a Friday evening in Redmond. Donell works in Bend so a 6pm in Redmond would work real well for us.

SLOW Joe
  11. littlebull

Oddometer:
    Friday night works for me. Did you mean tomorrow? If so, I'm IN. We're out of town next Friday.

If it's tomorrow, it will just be me as Tony will be working late. I don't hang out in Redmond much, so if you know of a place, please put it out there. The only two I can think of are Baldy's and the 7th Street Pub. I've never been to the pub, so I count vouch for it, though.
  12. zedx9

Oddometer:
    7th Street is good beer and food but loud. My wife and I were just talking that Red Dog Depot might be an option. It's on the south end of Redmond just east off the Yew Street exit (head for the airport) and left (North) on 21st Place right before the rail road tracks. I've been there a number of times and it has decent food, beer, and has not been too noisy for conversation.
    http://www.cascadelakes.com/pubs/red-dog-depot/
  13. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Yep, that's me

Oddometer:
    So 6PM at the Red Dog? :ear

SLOW Joe
  14. zedx9

Oddometer:
    Works for us! In fact we live about a mile away and decided to do a recon and are there right now.
  15. littlebull

Oddometer:
    See you at 6 pm. I know right where it's at. Our business is just a couple of miles down the road. If it's nice, I'll be on the Dakar. Teenager would like to have the car!

And, we're off and running!
  16. zedx9

Oddometer:
    Brrrrr! See you all there
  17. Miguel Sanchez

Miguel Sanchez VD #110 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a possible start! I'm busy tomorrow night, and will be flying to Vegas the following Friday, so it might be a few weeks before I can crash your party. You guys get all those awkward introductions and stuff outta the way and I'll come along later as the new guy :D.

The wife and I are headed to Vegas for my work but we are going down a day early to take in the big mid-America motorcycle auction and then attend the Gene Romero west-coast flat track races :clap:clap.
  18. littlebull

Oddometer:
    Have a great time! Catch up with you later.
  19. littlebull

Oddometer:
    Five of us showed up in the snow for our 1st C.O. meet up. Glad I didn't let the teenager have the car! It would have been a nasty ride home.

Turns out the Red Dog Depot has doggy pictures all over the walls;as my pictures wouldn't copy over from my phone (operator error, no doubt), you'll just have to visit to see them. The food is good here, and it wasn't so noisy you couldn't talk.

Anyway, thanks for not making me eat by myself.:clap

See you again, soon, I hope.

Kim
  20. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Yep, that's me

Oddometer:
    We had a great time and look forward to doing it again. Kim keep encouraging Donell!