Harmonizer Vacuum Multi-Tool -- It ain't your Daddy's Twinmax

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Grok, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyeTrek

SkyeTrek SkyeTrek

Oddometer:
    I would also like a two port please. :thumb
  2. Plasterman

Plasterman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have some good well thought-out simple step by step instructions on how to properly use the harmonizer? I have a GS 911 I want to use to shut off the actuators and not sure what step this occurs in the procedure.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Any constructive help is appreciated.

<o:p></o:p>
    Tom<o:p></o:p>
  3. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    Have you resolved your breakage problem?

If not I can pull one off of one of mine and send it to you.

JJ
  4. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    I haven't; I also haven't had a chance to get to the hardware store with the broken one to see if it's a readily available part or not—you don't happen to have any idea on that, do you?

(I'm not likely to get to it tomorrow, then I'm flying to Indy for the MotoGP weekend—yay!—and was hoping to get to it next week). If you want to send me the part, I'd be psyched with that solution, but I don't feel like I've exhausted other options yet.

Thanks,
    Kevin
  5. johnjen

Oddometer:
    While it might be available at a hardware store that would be one HELLAVA hardware store. These fittings are mostly used on medical instrumentation etc.

So tell me, is it the hose end, or the end on the Harmonizer itself?

JJ
  6. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:

That's what I was gonna' say... Medical supply or the like is where you're gonna' find those fittings. Maybe Grok will chime in here and give us all some pointers on where to get various parts to keep our "Harmonizers" alive & well as time goes on...

How 'bout it, Grok?

Thanks!

Dallara

~
  7. johnjen

Oddometer:
    They just might be available from McMaster-Carr, but if they are they are well hidden.

JJ
  8. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    On the Harmonizer itself. I was talented enough to apply significant force sideways against the fitting while the body of the device was braced against the dash, and the fitting on the Harmonizer itself broke.

If I was looking at medical supply stores, what the heck would I call that fitting?

Hmmm...is it one of these?
    http://www.valueplastics.com/products/luer_fittings.aspx?gclid=CMKQp73V6LECFYLb4AodalEAuQ (second or third in, bottom row?)

They seem to be available...in batches of 100...
  9. johnjen

Oddometer:
  10. johnjen

Oddometer:
  11. jwtayl01

jwtayl01 n00b

Oddometer:
    Not having a Harmonizer yet (fingers crossed) and not knowing exactly the part you need but looking at the links you may find something with a smaller order size at www.coleparmer.com.

Jesse
  12. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    i want one of these. don't know when theyre available, but i want one. if this is some sort of list. add me to it
  13. Zoul

Zoul No Comment Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought one, and gave it to my brother as a birthday gift. I figured that I would just buy another one when the time comes... :baldy

Bad plan...
  14. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
    I hate to be the one but I think I should report a problem I think I have with my Harmonizer. I have one of the early ones I think. I bought it when they were only a month old or so.

When i hook it up to both carbs I am able to balance the carbs. But the idle goes quit a bit higher than before I open the vacuum screws. I guess it still works because the leak, if that is what it is, is even. My idle returns to about 700 when I remove the hoses and put the screws back in the vacuum ports. With the Harmonizer hooked up my idle climbed to just over 1000. About 1080. But it varies some.

Can I take this apart to try and see if I can fix it? Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?

The bike is a 1975 R90/6.
  15. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think that this is actually the right part, in a somewhat reasonable quantity. I'm ordering a box of 25, so at least I'll be all set if I break another one...
  16. johnjen

Oddometer:
    Yeah now that I see the specs I do believe you have the correct one with the smaller barbed end. :thumb

JJ
  17. GSBruce

GSBruce Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't see where you can order just box of 25 - I only get "minimum order is 100"?

kbroderick, I'd like to buy 4 of yours if you'd like to reduce your stock/defray your costs. I haven't broken anything yet, but these sound fragile ...

PM me if that would work for you.
  18. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:

I'd also like to learn how to obtain just a few spare fittings. You gotta' figure that sooner or later something is going to break.

That said, I handled the short-term spares situation another way... A guy over on the Super Tenere forum posted his practically new, used twice "Harmonizer" for sale, and I snapped it up. I carefully packed it away in a safe place so it can wait there should my first one ever have any hiccups. :dunno

It's one of the best tools I've ever run across, and I don't mind having two of them at all. Hopefully Grok will one day figure out a good way to get 'em back in production. :lurk

Dallara

~
  19. highmark1

highmark1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd take a 2 port if it is in the near future.
  20. genghis9021

genghis9021 Arak Connoisseur

Oddometer:
    . . . about not ordering one beforehand . . .

In for TWO if they come back into production. For my KTMs and my father-in-laws oilheads.

Kurt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.