AR-NWA ADV BS thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Elvis70, Mar 27, 2009.

1. boogn1sh

boogn1sh Motorcycle crash-tester

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think she's jetted a little too lean also, but would prefer for a KTM guru to make that determination. Sounds like Mr. Owens is someone I need to know. This is my first 2-stroke in over 2 decades, so I've got a lot to learn.:deal

[​IMG]
  2. sc-razor

sc-razor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rick is for sure the KTM Guru.
  3. boogn1sh

boogn1sh Motorcycle crash-tester

Oddometer:
    Just spoke to Josh @ NWA Motorsports. I didn't know it was that Josh. He and Bill were the only reason I ever gave that business any money. The rest of the B&E crew kinda seem like ass-hats. Maybe they could smell the Yankee on me and just didn't like me. They tried to charge me over $100 to mount tires on my R6 race bike several years ago (wheels off the bike!) and that was the last time I did business with their Service Dept. I did continue to buy parts from Josh though. And Bill has always treated me right. I miss the days of mixing it up with him at Hallett.

NWA Motorsports is covered up with BBB business this week, but I will keep them in mind next time I need service.

I work at a local new car dealership, and I understand the Service Dept needs to make money.
  4. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:

Yes I like Josh too, I am having a brain cramp and dont remember the other guys name at NWA Motorsports...real nice guy and he worked at Bills too.

Steve is about the last of the original crew at Bills beside Bill himself, if Steve leaves I'll not be going back. He's been a good friend for as long as I can remember.

They've lost their minds on tire changes etc, it's too bad. Running it in the ground. I so miss the days of bench racing at the shops around here, all of the shops were friendly and knowledgeable back in the day. You would see them all at the tracks on weekends and they would give you the shirt off their backs if you needed it.

And it's not that I dont want them to succeed, I think the new owners are just out of touch.
  5. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Oh I am, the Stroms running like a fine tuned watch, or at least a cheap ass Timex! :lol3
  6. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Do it yourself, it's not hard to do at all.
  7. sc-razor

sc-razor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Joe Smith

From their website:
    "No need to shop anywhere else. We provide local service along with internet prices. We will not be undersold! From our $29.99 oil change to $20 mount/balance, save huge when you shop with us. We don't have a 30,000 foot store, so we are able to pass on those cost savings to you.

NWA Motorsports--no need to shop anywhere else!"
  8. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    if steve leaves, I too wont be going back to BEs...I have known steve since the days that he worked parts at yamaha at Bill Sextons in springdale (abt 1983)
  9. mdawg12

mdawg12 Old and Slow

Oddometer:
    Ditto. I have a few stories......:evil New owners are clueless, going to ruin the business just a matter of time. Josh and company will make a dent in their business.
  10. Valentino Magoo

Valentino Magoo Like a speeding slug Supporter

Oddometer:
    BBBQ ends Saturday, and most are rumbling out Sunday am. I would say anyplace out of Fayetteville will be a normal Sunday lunch crowd. Lets go.

Matt: I know why I like BBB bikers! Someone slower than me! I was going 11mph!! behind a pirate couple, until they stopped at the GREEN light at West and Dickson to discuss which way to go, yelling over cranked radios and life-saving pipes. I was laughing so hard just thinking of your response, I nearly fell off the scoot.
  11. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    the Ozark, Boston, Kiamichi and Ouachita Mnts
    http://bbslawnsidebbq.com/ Closer and has live Blues everynight except Monday when they're closed.

The owners spent their honeymoon [many years ago] in New Orleans and they go back every year so they have a small section of Cajun food on the menu.
  12. mdawg12

mdawg12 Old and Slow

Oddometer:
    I'm up for a Sunday Ride out of town away from the pirates. Haven't been back there in years, well went back last year to ride the Yamaha S10 on a Thursday Afternoon.

Just came from Memphis weekend before last. Did Rendezvous for ribs and learned I am too old to hang on Beale St late at night. :freaky

That would be an over-nighter not a day trip?
  13. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    Not "butt-hurt" at all. I've attended several of these "events". Even had a booth hawking European motorcycles about eleven years ago. It's changed over time into a huge disruption by a bunch of carnys and pirates rather than a fun local/regional event.

That's why, beginning in 2005, I've spent half of these BBBQ weekends somewhere else, hanging out with local people, and enjoying parade-free highways.

Santa Fe sounds good about right now...
    [​IMG]
  14. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    Lmao! I like the loud exhausts, I like the perty wemminz, but holy hell the cranked stereos that sound like sh*t does irritate me. I don't get that.
  15. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    All I can say is that Todd and I road out to Jay OK and the only bike we got stuck behind for a short distance turned out to be a bit entertaining. Younger guy on a Sportster decided to show off. He stood up with one foot on the seat and the other kicked back behind him. He was showing off his mad stunta skills! :lol3:clap
  16. sc-razor

sc-razor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Must not have ever heard of Indian Larry.
  17. mdawg12

mdawg12 Old and Slow

Oddometer:
    If I'd had known it was you I would have waved too.......:wave

18. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    yeah..I am the one on the floor looking up :evil
  19. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Oh that was...baahhhhhhhdddddddd.
  20. Vinduroman

Vinduroman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Mouth... we all know you have issues... so might as well give this "anti-BBBQ" thing a rest. :D I remember you were on a seemingly endless tirade last year, too. :rofl

Along my many off-roading friends, I have some good friends that are "pirates"... they're good folk. Sure, they enjoy biking in a different way than I do... but they love to ride and ride often. It's two wheels after all... why fight among ourselves (motorcyclists from different persuasions) when as a whole we need all the coalition we can get?

Pop you a top.. sit back and chill. :1drink

Enjoy BBBQ for the absurd spectacle it is! It will all be over before the weekend's over.

V-man