Nolan Ncom

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Augie, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Augie

Augie The new voice of reason

Oddometer:
    I have a Nolan Ncom question for this that have them

How long is battery life is used continuously (like with XM on Zumo 550)
    IS there a way to run DC power directly to the Ncom off the bike?

TIA
  2. cyclebot

cyclebot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you already have a Nolan helmet. The N-Com bluetooth is made by a company called Stilo from Italy. I have heard mixed reviews on the N-Com system itself. So if you don't have the N-Com system itself I would look at the Sena SMH10 or the J&M Bluetooth for Nolan if you already have the helmet. The J&M has a 30 hour battery battery available (something ridiculous)
  3. loeky

loeky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've this a few weeks now and it lasts about a full day. Haven't left it over multiple nights all hooked up to see total length.

My only comment on it so far is that I'd like the volume to go higher as it's pretty low when used with ear plugs. I was going to play with some that block less sound...

My only gripe is that XM does NOT work without plugging into the Zumo. That makes for something else to consider when jumping on to go, specially for work commute. MP3 music works fine.

It's a nice integrated system. I sourced the parts for cheap on eBay.
  4. Augie

Augie The new voice of reason

Oddometer:
    Yes I just bought the N103 bucket, now I am looking for solutions to add sound for music.

So far I can't seem to find any info on power life on the Ncaom, Jand M, chatterbox or the Sena systems.
  5. loeky

loeky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh, not sure if you can run power to the battery charger outlet while it's running. I could see this evening perhaps from a wall socket, and then you'd have to figure out how to wire it.

Definitely not optimal, but good to know just in case I guess.
  6. cyclebot

cyclebot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We have a comparison thing on our website, the Sena and Chatterbox will probably yield you a total of about 7-8 hours of actual use time (talking on the intercom, phone or streaming music).

As for the J&M we are not a dealer for them so I would check their setup out by calling em. They have the piece that will fit in the N103 if I am not mistaken.

If that isn't a deal breaker I would go with the Sena, as it has the most features.
  7. 10/10ths

10/10ths Road Trip Fool Supporter

Oddometer:
    ...I bought it from RKA Luggage and have their "In Charge" tank bag setup with full stereo bluetooth for a Zumo 550, XM radio, FMRS Radios and MP3 player.

The service from RKA is first class.

Here is a link to their J&M site for Bluetooth headsets for Nolan helmets.

http://www.rka-luggage.com/A24 J&M/J&M_Bluetooth Products Page.html

I am a very satisfied customer.:deal

Good Luck.

:ricky:beer