New Moto Backpack - check it out!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by sakurama, Sep 29, 2014.

1. sakurama

sakurama on an endless build Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's not often that anything motorcycle oriented shows up on Kickstarter but this campaign is a friends and he's good people, a serious motorcyclist (hence the design) and I helped him with some of his photography because I like him, believe in his gear and want to see him succeed.

Velomacchi Kickstarter

[​IMG]

I've also helped him a little with his tool roll designs which are great. He's a killer industrial designer who's worked with a veritable who's who of outdoor companies and is putting the tech into his new company. The stuff uses very high end hardware and high strength magnets, is waterproof and very good looking. I encourage you to check it out and share the link to help spread the word - it's a small community so it depends on the grass roots support.

Thanks,

Gregor
  2. Jim K.

Jim K. Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not a fan of backpacks when riding, so I've got no dog in this fight, but going up against Kreiga is certainly a bold stroke! Of all the backpacks I've ever tried or seen/handled the Kreiga stood far above the rest. If these new guys are looking for a benchmark, the Kreiga line is where to start.
  3. sakurama

Oddometer:
    I agree the Kriegas are nice packs. I think Kevin's stuff has an edge in functionality and beats it by a wide margin in style. Things like the fact that the pockets have high strength magnets that automatically close but are backed up with snaps are pretty cool details. He used to be the lead designer for North Face so it's not like he's just getting his feet wet - he's got the chops and decided to take a swing at his passion. I respect that.

I'll answer any questions I can but the videos probably do a pretty good job of explaining things.

Gregor
  4. Woundflatout

Woundflatout Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like he cancelled the funding campaign... any news on that front? His stuff looked primo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  5. sakurama

Oddometer:
    So in speaking with Kevin he said he pulled the plug with three days since it didn't look like it was going to make the goal. Personally I'd have left it go but I understand. Anyway, he's going to relaunch in the spring and said that he'd post more info on his site to let people know.

Gregor